UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Hosting AE 12-13 Tournament

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like the #3 seed but really I wouldn't mind a possible home game against SBU as the #4 seed. If we got there it would be a lot of fun and really, they're the team with everything to lose. They have their best player ever as a 5th year senior, it's now or never.

If Stony Brook is worried about their seeding in the NCAA tournment during the regular season they might be in trouble already. They should just worry about finally getting to the tourney.

They got their solid RPI to not to ruin when come seeding time.

Same applies to Vermont..though I understand their's isn't quite as good as Stony Brook's. Would Stony Brook want to..potentially..play UA in the semis at SEFCU? Would they want to play a Hartford team in the semis that has already beat them this year? Would Stony Brook and/or Vermont want to go into the conference tournament riding a loss? I think Stony Brook, Vermont, UAlbany and Hartford will all play hard this weekend to win their respective games.

Notwithstanding all of the foregoing, we will have to play better than we did last night against UNH in order to prevail in the AE Tournament.

UNH plays tough and gave us the type of game that I expected from them. Nonetheless, I think that we need our offense to score at least 60 points per game in the Tournament because I am not confident in our perimeter defense. We simply give up too many open shots from the perimeter. We have for years.

I was pleased with Gary Johnson's play last night. I think he had a couple blocks and steals. I am so glad that he is getting minutes in the regular season. We will need his (and others like DJ) athleticism, defense, and hustle in the Tournament.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

I was pleased with Gary Johnson's play last night. I think he had a couple blocks and steals. I am so glad that he is getting minutes in the regular season. We will need his (and others like DJ) athleticism, defense, and hustle in the Tournament.

The more I see of Gary Johnson, Evans, Rowley, Puk and Hooley the more optimistic I get about next season. I liked that GJ was looking to drive and dish when he got into the lane. At his size he can make those passes over help defenders and get some easy shots for other guys.

Someone who sits near me was noticing that CB was always talking to Johnson. I consider that a good sign.

So Albany is charging students $5 to go to the games this weekend. Good luck getting students to go. The school should friggin buy out the 1000 tickets they usally reserve for students and give them away for free or find sponsors to buy them.

Edited by UA'08

So Albany is charging students $5 to go to the games this weekend. Good luck getting students to go. The school should friggin buy out the 1000 tickets they usally reserve for students and give them away for free or find sponsors to buy them.

This is a bummer. Had we known sooner, perhaps we could have launched a little campaign to buy them out for the students.

How many members are on this BPF forum? If we got 200 people to donate $25 (5 tickets), we could buy out all 1,000 tickets. I would certainly donate $25 or $50 for this purpose.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Just a thought. We know the Admissions Department has a difficult job. There are a large pool of applicants. Why not ask a question or two about the prospective students interest in supporting the U's atheletic teams? If we accepted more qualified students who express an interest in the sports programs we might see more student support.