UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Hosting AE 12-13 Tournament

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I hope we took a few notes from Hartford's fan fest area and apply them next year. Otherwise, great news.

To recap:

Football made their first playoff appearance.

Women's basketball made their first NCAA.

Men's basketball was a game short of 20 wins with the 7th leading scorer in the country

Both lax programs are in the championship game on Saturday.

We're hosting next year's tourney.

Oh yeah, there's that whole new football stadium thing...

Once we get over the whole Suero leaving thing we'll realize this was a pretty good flippin year!

Nice! I hope we took a few notes from Hartford's fan fest area and apply them next year. Otherwise, great news.

To recap:

Men's basketball was a game short of 20 wins with the 7th leading scorer in the country

Once we get over the whole Suero leaving thing we'll realize this was a pretty good flippin year!

Could not agree more..well said.

To recap:

Deep

To recap:

This is why I get so ticked off when I read on other boards about how SBU is a better fit for the CAA. We've had WAY more success in D1 athletics!

rodney_dangerfield.jpg

To recap:

This is why I get so ticked off when I read on other boards about how SBU is a better fit for the CAA. We've had WAY more success in D1 athletics!

rodney_dangerfield.jpg

On-field or court success is not a major factor for conference affiliation. Media market and institutional commitment are the two top reasons why schools get targeted.

Stony Brook has us beat by a mile in both of the those factors.

• 8 months later...

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I noticed tonight after all the students left that they updated one section of bleachers with purple fronts instead of the gray. Maybe they will all be updated before the AE Tournament in March.

bleachers.jpg