UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Hosting AE 12-13 Tournament

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish there was a way to wrap the corners...like Bing does...does anyone know if that is possible? Maybe not financially at the moment...that would nicely make a bowl.

Then you would lose access to the (non-regulation) running track, and to two other basketball courts...

Plus the baseline seats have fewer rows and a steeper pitch than the sidelines, and you have to leave openings so players, staff, and medical personnel can get to the floor without coming down the steps; filling the corners would only add a few hundred seats, so unless you're doing a total rebuild I wouldn't bother.

Plus the baseline seats have fewer rows and a steeper pitch than the sidelines, and you have to leave openings so players, staff, and medical personnel can get to the floor without coming down the steps; filling the corners would only add a few hundred seats, so unless you're doing a total rebuild I wouldn't bother.

There it is in a nutshell. Time to take over the TUC.

You have to change the name of that building before it would be suitable under any conditions

You have to change the name of that building before it would be suitable under any conditions

Coach Abe Court at The Across the Street Pub Arena?

Coach Abe Court at The Across the Street Pub Arena?

Truthful while it is nice to speculate on an appropriate name for our taxpayer built Albany county arena, it is not time for us to move down there. We haven't turned anyone away and 4000 in our building is much better astrosphere than 4000 down at the Knick. Most river rat games can show you what a 3000 fan crowd feells like there. Got to continue building the university before moving of our games to an oversized arena. The football stadium should help comntinue growing UA sports.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my tickets in the mail today.

Email from Brian Rudolph on parking for the tournament.

1)If you would like to buy extra chairbacks for the tournament please call ASAP we have only about 50 left total.

2)Parking for the AE Tournament will be handled as listed below:

The SEFCU Arena Parking lot (where your season passes are) will be $10 a session when you get on campus OR we are offering an all-session VIP parking pass for $25 online! The online pass is open to everyone so please be sure to reserve yours as quickly as possible. We will sell approx. 150 spots and the parking event will be online on Friday 2/15 at 9:00 A.M.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its time to start talking seeding fort he tournament...

We obviously want the 3 seed, but may need to win out for it. UH gets UMBC and UVM and we get UNH and SBU. UH will prob beat UMBC. UVM may want to lose to UH to let them have a. Shot at the 3 seed avoiding to have to play us at home. This means beating UNH thursday is a must. SBU may also do what UVM may do to avoid playing us in the semis as well if we end up as the 4 seed. I have no idea when the game times are on Sunday for UH and UV. I know we play at 2.

Just food for thought.

I wish there was a way to wrap the corners...like Bing does...does anyone know if that is possible? Maybe not financially at the moment...that would nicely make a bowl.

Then you would lose access to the (non-regulation) running track, and to two other basketball courts...

Can't the openings be 'tunnels' to the corners and have seats above? That is the way most places do it I think.