UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we a better team than last year?

That's a troubling question to ask heading in the first CAA season...it's a good question.

My thought is that we lost out best player on offense and our leading rusher (among other players) ... .

Let's see if we can grow and get better next week... It's almost a throwaway season.

We have more talent from top to bottom than we did last year. We aren't a better team yet though. Some strong young takent that needs time to grow.

I don't really know our depth... Is there any significant talent redshirting?

There is only one Freshman on two-deep (Michael Senn) who started today at left guard. I assume that all or almost all other freshman, the fist full scholly class, is red shirting.

Danes sloppy in opener

Duke QB said "We had seven months to prepare for Albany and we basically knew the looks they were going to give us. "We came out today and the same things we saw on film is the same things they ran today."

Sounds like coaching needs some more variety.

As I said, the running game was sooooo predictable. I heard an interview in the preseason that said they would run more spread offense/wildcat type of stuff because they lost their power back. That doesn't mean you can't mix in some other formations and plays other than the shotgun/wildcat on EVERY play. I just don't get it. There are only so many things that you can do out of a single formation which why teams so many different formations to throw the defense off. Even having the same play but out of three different formations. I hope they make a change to mix it up a little

Danes sloppy in opener

Duke QB said "We had seven months to prepare for Albany and we basically knew the looks they were going to give us. "We came out today and the same things we saw on film is the same things they ran today."

As I said, the running game was sooooo predictable. I heard an interview in the preseason that said they would run more spread offense/wildcat type of stuff because they lost their power back. That doesn't mean you can't mix in some other formations and plays other than the shotgun/wildcat on EVERY play. I just don't get it. There are only so many things that you can do out of a single formation which why teams so many different formations to throw the defense off. Even having the same play but out of three different formations. I hope they make a change to mix it up a little

I said it in the 3rd quarter. Borrrring offense.

Lots of time to fix it. Lets see if McCarthy, in an audition year, makes it work with these young guys.

DP says it is just September and not to give up hope. I HOPE we win a couple of games this year. I am sorry but team is BAD (right now at least) and a 1 or 2 or even no win season a possibility. Can they fix it?????? Some seem to be questioning McCarthy's offense and indeed the O DOES need improvement; but to give up 30 points to a nec team with a frosh qb, we could be looking at some +50 or even +60 point games when we play caa..

Danes sloppy in opener

There's a lot to find fault with in that game. I'm more concerned with the defense. Also considering the quote about us having the same looks came from an offensive player. A freshman QB completing 75% of his passes in his first start is no way to begin.

DP says it is just September and not to give up hope. I HOPE we win a couple of games this year. I am sorry but team is BAD (right now at least) and a 1 or 2 or even no win season a possibility. Can they fix it?????? Some seem to be questioning McCarthy's offense and indeed the O DOES need improvement; but to give up 30 points to a nec team with a frosh qb, we could be looking at some +50 or even +60 point games when we play caa..

There is certainly a lot of warning flags on both sides of the ball... As I said in one of my earlier posts... This may be one of our worst seasons in a long time... W-l wise...To have a freshmen qb cut you up like that is very disheartening.

Edited by Clickclack