UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2016

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Speaking of visits...there may have been a visitor at the Yale game. He sat right behind where Wyland sits...had his family with him. Kid looked like a baller and was tall (possibly like 6'3" or so...most likely a guard). No idea who it was since I don't follow the recruiting trail. I only root for the kids actually on the roster, lol.

Edited by Ilko

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lafayette has an engineering program and a full ride there is in the $240,000 range for 4 years. Just saying'.

That's insane. I'm doing pretty dang well for myself all things considered, but even though I didn't have any scholarships or assistance, my 2yrs at HVCC and 4 years at UAlbany (night school - takes twice as long - graduate in May) will cost me like $50-60k if I had to put a number on it. 240k? Say what you want, but that is highway robbery if you're not on a ride. No school should cost that much, IMO.

Edited by Ilko

Looks like Lamont Walker committed around the holidays. 6'5" SG/SF. JUCO with 2 years of eligibility. Signed with UMKC out of HS..obtained his release..played freshman year at John Logan..now playing at Utah State University Eastern. Putting up 19ppg and 7rpg..but doesn't look like he's played since mid-November..not sure why. Likely a Ray Sanders type replacement.

Interesting connections: Played at Morgan Park HS in Chicago..home of former Great Dane Jimmie Covington. And John Logan was the former home of Tre Green.

Edited by Phoenix

I've been telling Click for awhile, we have important pieces to replace (and Peter's leadership / personality will be nearly impossible to replace), however RAY SANDERS ability to defend and slash will be the #1 thing we need to replace.

If Lamont is like Ray, I will be very happy.

He comes from quite a high school program. He played with guys who signed with Tulane, UMass and Dayton.

I agree he's the kind of guy we're going to need next year and if he's like Ray I'll be really happy. A little worried when a guy changes schools that often but our JUCOs have been really solid over the last couple of years.