UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NCAA Tourney: vs. Mount St. Mary's -- Tues @ 6:40PM

The Men's Basketball Team

is Going to the BIG DANCE!

The UAlbany men's basketball team has made it to the NCAA tournament and will play its first game on Tuesday, March 18, in Dayton, Ohio.

Join UAlbany Athletics and the UAlbany Alumni Association as we hop on a fan bus to watch the men's basketball team at the NCAA Tournament. The bus will depart the Alumni House on Monday, March 17, at 11 p.m. arriving in Dayton at noon on Tuesday, March 18. The bus will return to Albany after the end of the game. The game is at 6:30 p.m. at the University of Dayton Arena. The bus will drop off at the

University of Dayton(1 mile from arena) or in Downtown Dayton(2 miles from arena). You will need to make your own arrangements to get to the arena as the bus drivers will need to rest for a required number of hours before they can drive again.

Cost is $125 for bus and game ticket package and $60 for game ticket only. There also is a bus-only option available for $65 if you already have your game ticket.

We must have a minimum of 30 bus packages sold by 1 p.m. on Monday, March 17, to send off the bus. If we do not, the bus will be cancelled.

Register for the bus and game tickets online.

Can't make the trip? Consider showing your support for the men's basketball program by making a gift online at

www.albany.edu/giving. For more information about supporting UAlbany Athletics, visit www.albany.edu/danes.

Edited by MsGDG

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if we win this game does this officially count as a NCAA tourney W? Meaning after this win and then losing to Florida would Albany's record in the tourney be 1-4? Just wondering how this game is viewed when it comes to the official stats.

Correct...although people will dismiss a PIG W if we are fortunate to get one. I think it would be a nice next step for the program.

Consider this my mea culpa to Will Brown

http://www.onebidwonders.com/2014/03/17/the-anti-billy-beane-will-browns-sht-works-in-the-post-season/

THOUGH I completely agree with ClickClack on the regular season mattering. It also matters for press coverage when its not tourney time, which in turn helps get asses in seats, which in turn helps recruiting, which in turn helps a programs upward growth..

But for now, Consider me eating crow as I read the above

I think after being here for 13 years or whatever it is...Brown could have left long ago and hasn't. I think he'll be around a while. Kate on the other hand, I think she could possibly leave but it would be great for both of them to be 'lifers' so to speak.

Can anyone explain how the $1.5 mil payout works for a win in the play in game?

My understanding is that in each game you participate (including Dayton) the conference NOT the team gets a unit. Each unit is worth approximately $270k this year...and the payout is such that the conference gets $270k per year for six years.

So a win in Dayton would equal approximately 3 million dollars over a period of 6 years. The money is then split among the schools and a portion is kept to run the conference.

Keep in mind every year a there are both units falling off our being added as some expire and others like this year are added to the heap.

Edited by Clickclack

Can anyone explain how the $1.5 mil payout works for a win in the play in game?

My understanding is that in each game you participate (including Dayton) the conference NOT the team gets a unit. Each unit is worth approximately $270k this year...and the payout is such that the conference gets $270k per year for six years.

So a win in Dayton would equal approximately 3 million dollars over a period of 6 years. The money is then split among the schools and a portion is kept to run the conference.

Keep in mind every year a there are both units falling off our being added as some expire and others like this year are added to the heap.

Thx. On wylands show he said albany is playing for 1.5 mil so I guess people might not realize it's split between the America east