UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic, clickclack.

I guess their marching band is less about music, and more about performance art, but I was hypnotized by how horrendous their halftime display was. They got to spend six hours on a bus today to watch their team get demolished (again), and to roll around like jackasses on our turf? Maybe their day would have been better spent in the library.

Still, 4 and 0, baby!... And JMU looks like it is a winnable game!

I just looked at the stats. Tough to complain after a dominating performance to get to 4-0, especially after last year, but Fiacchi really went 6 for 16 in a rout? UA is going to need a balanced attack against JMU; Osbourne won't break as many tackles against them...

In his defense he was 6 of 9 or 6 of 10 at halftime when things were still somewhat in doubt. He went o-fer during the second half when handing it off to Andre Martin was the best policy.

It's not clever or witty, it's just kinda adolescent. What's not stupid, is getting your ass whoooooped in a football game.

As for JMU, they've lost two in a row to CAA opponents. 31-49 loss to V and 23-30 to D. Any opinions on the game next Saturday?

Edited by uofalbany

enjoyed the game...glad to see some of you last night. Fiacchi does look lost sometimes. Was sitting right behind the bench. Coach was not very happy about the 2nd half. Kept telling them, and I am paraphrasing, "this type of play won't make us better and won't win us any championships." AND THAT'S WHEN THEY WERE UP 35! I even had a good conversation with B9j2j6s about how we loved the mentality of this team. '92 and I also had a quick chat about it. I love it.

By the way...I love how they walk out to the start of LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out, especially with the lyrics blasting "don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years". DAHHHH...4-0 BABY!

In the category of "Who's in charge?", two notes:

(1) re DaneZone yesterday, from DanesRGood: " I opened a ticket and got a response back. Basically, they didn't even know the game wasn't being broadcast. Should be fixed shortly. "

(2) I wonder why on the main page of UA today, the first thing you see is a big purple game announcement (good) about the Richmond game on October 11 (bad): "UAlbany Football vs. Richmond Saturday October 11 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m." (2 hours?). Would you think that NEXT WEEK's home game would be there now? Maybe the person in charge of the site thought "JMU" was garbled text.

Definitely need to make it better for the casual fan. Two woman next to me, one who works for the university, have a very basic working knowledge of the game. I think they own the seats next to mine (not sure, we'll see if I see them both again). I spent a good portion of the game last night teaching them the in's and out's of the flags, why they were called, etc. It's good we are attracting casual fans, but we need to do better at connecting with them via social media, etc.