UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Brown

It's huge...but reeks of desperation on Rutgers part. He was likely third on their list.

St John's WILL turn it around solely because of Mullins contacts with the NYC AAU and H.S. circuit.

Rutgers...unless they demolish the RAC and build a stellar facility...is going to be competing for the same NY/NJ/PA kids as other Big Ten schools, Big East Schools...basically all the P5 schools. It's a tough job.

Good luck to him. Truly.

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

But if he somehow builds a winner and not even winning the conference but being towards the top a couple years and making some noise in the tourney he will probably get looks from even better programs because I'm sure people know how hard it is for them to compete.

And to top it off, he's taking the job after SBU got TROUNCED by Kentucky. Yes, they had a NCAA appearance, but not leaving on the highest of notes.

Interesting, given that Brown hadn't had more interest in the past, given his repeated success, and great performance in the NCAAs. Unless the lack of "interest" (by big programs), is due to his apparent happiness in Albany/

Edited by justdrastik1

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 6m6 minutes ago

BREAKING: Rutgers has hired Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell, sources told @CBSSports.

Ugh. I guess it'll be a big paycheck for a few years but otherwise it seems like a lousy move. I guess if he wanted to move then now is the time.

Seems like there are two things that happened a lot when you have success in a single bid conference:

Win at a small conference school, take bad big conference job, get fired in a few years, get hired at small conference school on the way back down.

Or:

Win at a small conference school, then stay there. Kind of what Bob McKillop has done at Davidson and Rick Byrd has done at Belmont.

• Like 1

And to top it off, he's taking the job after SBU got TROUNCED by Kentucky. Yes, they had a NCAA appearance, but not leaving on the highest of notes.

Interesting, given that Brown hadn't had more interest in the past, given his repeated success, and great performance in the NCAAs. Unless the lack of "interest" (by big programs), is due to his apparent happiness in Albany/

My sense is happiness is relative...big week coming up for program.

Maybe this will knock SBU down a serious peg or two and basically leave the conference up for the taking between UA, UVM and maybe UNH next year. I still think, all things considered, that we can be pretty competitive and win around 18-20 games next year. Not 24 like the last 2 years, but I think we'll still be 1-3 in the league.

Maybe this will knock SBU down a serious peg or two and basically leave the conference up for the taking between UA, UVM and maybe UNH next year. I still think, all things considered, that we can be pretty competitive and win around 18-20 games next year. Not 24 like the last 2 years, but I think we'll still be 1-3 in the league.

That all depends on if all their players return and even if they do I think they end up 5th or even 6th. They've showed they don't have many scorers other than Warney and Purifoy. Maybe that changed when other guys become the focal point of their offense. I could see them losing some of their players though who came there for Pikiel.

• Like 1