UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Postseason

Coach Brown has already said the Vegas tournament isn't appealing because of the long delay. Coach Iati repeated that during last week's UAlbany Weekly show. They said they want to play the biggest name they can..which suggests CBI instead of the CIT. I can't see how dropping $50k to play at Vegas is better than spending the same amount to host a CBI game? Other than the selfish appeal of going to Vegas of course..haha.

I'd be very surprised..but happy..if we pay to host a game in any tournament.

In all honesty Albany will lose money if they are paying for a CBI home game. Students out all of next week, Siena may be hosting a game the same night, can't see much better of a crowd than we got in the quarterfinal game.

2500 at roughly $15/ticket is $37,500. It's $50,000 to host.

Spend the 50k go out and have a good time in Vegas. Miss a max 3 days of class if you go all the way to the finals. If you keep winning in the CBI you'll continue to miss class, and will have to keep traveling and eventually the hosting fees keep going up in the later rounds. This is obviously all moot if they decide to just play all of them on the road.

I'd agree BUT

I just want an excuse to go to Vegas for a week

Right with you! That's what I was hinting at haha

Coach Brown has already said the Vegas tournament isn't appealing because of the long delay. Coach Iati repeated that during last week's UAlbany Weekly show. They said they want to play the biggest name they can..which suggests CBI instead of the CIT. I can't see how dropping $50k to play at Vegas is better than spending the same amount to host a CBI game? Other than the selfish appeal of going to Vegas of course..haha.

I'd be very surprised..but happy..if we pay to host a game in any tournament.

Vegas is even more appealing than the NIT to be honest. All these auto bids taken up with mid majors.

15 min before another one might get taken :)

Edited by UA'08

$50k for the Vegas tournament includes airfare and hotels. I have think that with the size of the traveling party this could probably end up being a savings over playing in the other tournaments, not hosting a game, and making it deep into the field.

Anyone know if the teams that win these tournaments get anything out of it if they win? With all the Vegas games being televised there has to be a lot of cash floating around especially with the 50k buy in. Does the winning school get cash like they do in the NCAA tournament?

I would think a trip to Vegas would be a good going away present for the seniors and could even be a recruiting tool. Come to Albany. If we don't win the conference but are food enough to play in the post season we will pony up the funds to send you on a fun trip to Vegas!

CIT Update (32 teams selected):

Boston U. vs. Fordham

Ball State vs. Tennessee St.

Mercer vs. Coastal Carolina

vs. Furman

South Carolina St. vs. Grand Canyon U.

Army vs. NJIT

UNH

Central Michigan

Norfolk St. vs. Columbia

CBI (16 teams selected):

Siena

I wonder how much Coach Brown/the team can leverage tournaments against each other. I'd assume tournaments have pretty strong interest in us as an NIT bubble team. If our goal is to play a name (BCS) team..I wonder if we can tell CBI that we want that type of match-up or we're going to Vegas. On today's UAlbany Weekly show..Coach Brown said the Vegas16 will be 8 BCS teams and 8 mid-majors. That could mean that all 'first round' games will be BCS vs. mid-majors.

Would still love if we can sneak into the NIT with an at-large. 24 wins..RPI of 106..2-2 against RPI top 70 teams..4-3 against RPI top 150 teams..wins over 3 NCAA Tournament teams..only double-digit loss was on the road at Kentucky.

Edited by Phoenix

I wonder how much Coach Brown/the team can leverage tournaments against each other. I'd assume tournaments have pretty strong interest in us as an NIT bubble team. If our goal is to play a name (BCS) team..I wonder if we can tell CBI that we want that type of match-up or we're going to Vegas. On today's UAlbany Weekly show..Coach Brown said the Vegas16 will be 8 BCS teams and 8 mid-majors. That could mean that all 'first round' games will be BCS vs. mid-majors.

Would still love if we can sneak into the NIT with an at-large. 24 wins..RPI of 106..2-2 against RPI top 70 teams..4-3 against RPI top 150 teams..wins over 3 NCAA Tournament teams..only double-digit loss was on the road at Kentucky.

Considering the number of #1 seeds that lost in tournaments, the NIT is not an option anymore

First time I've ever heard RPI top 70 used haha. Didn't know Vegas was 8 mid/8 majors either. That makes it even more intriguing. I wonder if we are simply waiting to hear from Vegas, since the CBI and CIT have invitations out.

3/13 3 PM Update:

CIT Update (18/32 teams selected):

Boston U. vs. Fordham

Army vs. NJIT

Norfolk St. vs. Columbia

Jacksonville St. vs. Sam Houston St.

vs. Furman

UNH

Central Michigan

UT-Arlington

CBI (1/16 teams selected):

Siena

3/13 3 PM Update:

CIT Update (18/32 teams selected):

Boston U. vs. Fordham

Army vs. NJIT

Norfolk St. vs. Columbia

vs. Furman

UNH

Central Michigan

UT-Arlington

Siena

So far that CBI field is incredibly weak :)

3/13 4 PM Update:

CIT Update (19/32 teams selected):

Boston U. vs. Fordham

Army vs. NJIT

Norfolk St. vs. Columbia

UT-Martin vs. Central Michigan

vs. Furman

UNH

UT-Arlington

Siena

‏@tjwilkin 2h2 hours ago AD Mark Benson on @UAlbany_MBB: "We're pushing and hoping for the NIT. We'll ride it out. If we don't get it, we'll regroup tonight."

@tjwilkin Mar 10 .@UAlbany_MBB waits for invite to postseason. CBI? CIT? Vegas 16? "Our guys want to play the biggest name we can play," said @UAHOOPSWB

3/13 5 PM Update - 30 MINUTES TO SELECTION SUNDAY

CIT Update (20/32 teams selected):

Boston U. vs. Fordham

Army vs. NJIT

Norfolk St. vs. Columbia

UT-Martin vs. Central Michigan

Louisiana-Monroe vs. Furman

UNH