UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Postseason

Selling tickets seems like the main priority for these post-season tournaments and Albany-Siena would certainly do that. A CBI or CIT game at Sefcu Arena would certainly generate interest.

Think there's 0 chance they'd agree to play in a tourney that had them coming to play in our building. I could be wrong though.

I wonder how well the TUC did for the MAAC tournament with the less than stellar attendance numbers. Could they cover the CBI/CIT cost to set-up a UAlbany/Siena game..with any/all revenue going to them? Seems like turning a decent profit under that scenario wouldn't be too difficult.

I wonder how well the TUC did for the MAAC tournament with the less than stellar attendance numbers. Could they cover the CBI/CIT cost to set-up a UAlbany/Siena game..with any/all revenue going to them? Seems like turning a decent profit under that scenario wouldn't be too difficult.

From the T-U blog "The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference reported an attendance increase of more than 6,000 at the men’s and women’s basketball tournament that ended on Monday. Times Union Center general manager Bob Belber said he expects the arena to turn a profit on the event this year after losing money a year ago."

I wonder if Hofstra failing to make the tournament again, make them consider the MAAC. As much as some like to $iena on that conference here, there has been talk about them being a multiple bid league a number of times in the last eight years. More than the America east has had in that time which is zero.

I wonder if Hofstra failing to make the tournament again, make them consider the MAAC. As much as some like to $iena on that conference here, there has been talk about them being a multiple bid league a number of times in the last eight years. More than the America east has had in that time which is zero.

You must be listening to maac apologists too much. Monmouth doesn't really have the resume to get in the tournament. They are not one of the best 34 teams that did not win a conference championship. With a couple of teams ineligible are they one of the top 36. I still wouldn't think so and CBS currently has them first in the 4 out. it will be interesting to see what seed they get in the NIT.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

You must be listening to maac apologists too much. Monmouth doesn't really have the resume to get in the tournament. They are not one of the best 34 teams that did not win a conference championship. With a couple of teams ineligible are they one of the top 36. I still wouldn't think so and CBS currently has them first in the 4 out. it will be interesting to see what seed they get in the NIT.

It's still talk though. I'll wait for the day an America East is in that discussion. First four out get 1 seeds in the NIT.

It's still talk though. I'll wait for the day an America East is in that discussion. First four out get 1 seeds in the NIT.

LOL. nobody pays attention to 99% of the delusional "maac talk". We will see where they end up but I would love the chance to play Monmouth and knock them out. Too bad it will be someone else that gets that opportunity while Albany is in a different tournament

The Ivy League has announced they'll finally have a conference tournament starting next year. Four teams only. In conjunction with the tourney they're reducing their regular season by one game, which means getting an OOC with them may get harder unless they eliminate the D-III games some of them play.

http://ivyleaguesports.com/information/general_releases/2015-16/releases/The_Ivy_League_Adds_Mens-Womens_Basketball_Tournaments_Beginning_in_2017

The Ivy League has announced they'll finally have a conference tournament starting next year. Four teams only. In conjunction with the tourney they're reducing their regular season by one game, which means getting an OOC with them may get harder unless they eliminate the D-III games some of them play.

http://ivyleaguesports.com/information/general_releases/2015-16/releases/The_Ivy_League_Adds_Mens-Womens_Basketball_Tournaments_Beginning_in_2017

A tournament at a single site? What a crazy idea.