UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game #3: 9/15/18 - 7:00pm - vs Morgan State

7 minutes ago, haggyland said:

Orange and black uniform scheme....pushing UA around...am I missing something?

I gotcha.

I guess I don’t find anything funny right now with the knowledge that this team has not gotten any better with this Coaching staff. 

It’s just uninspired football and everything ticks me off right now.  

2 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

I gotcha.

I guess I don’t find anything funny right now with the knowledge that this team has not gotten any better with this Coaching staff. 

It’s just uninspired football and everything ticks me off right now.  

Ohhhh....real talk?  This team is a $ienashow and Benson is in a completely unenviable position that he alone put us in.   Maybe a little less time picking the low hanging fruit of stadium seats and the women's tennis team and a little more time on personnel management???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now that I’m home with an adult beverage, let me just say this: I’m glad they won, they did not deserve to win, it was one of the sorriest passing performances I’ve seen at any level, the play calling was atrocious and Eli was being drowned out by a woman in 204 who had a potty mouth and knew how to use it. Five turnovers including a pick six on a throw a blind man wouldn’t make and they somehow pull it out. I wanted to be excited, but I was disgusted with what I saw. And that’s all I’ll say. Oh....Dev Holmes is all he’s cracked up to be and 51 yard FG...that was terrific. Glad McDonald finally got one for the distance. 

Edited by jimbo
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

One play made the difference from being 0 - 3. The prospect of a winning season has dimmed considerably...lots of second guessing by the coach...assistant coaches looking a little loss

Gattuso was shrugging his shoulders non stop... It was tough to watch. I made it a point to observe him in long stretches. 

The man is lost and has no idea what to do. He must have really been convinced that they have talent to compete. 

• Thanks 1

I can't really defend the defense but I will point this out. All of Morgan State's points in the second half were essentially scored by our offense. EIH's fumble on our 10 yard line led to their first touchdown and then VT's TD present to the Morgan State safety in the 4th quarter.

12 minutes ago, jimbo said:

By the numbers

Using NFL QB rating:

VT 38

Morgan State QB 116

Mofor and EB averaged 4.65/carry

200+ yards of penalties combined

-----------------------------------------------------

That's ridiculous. Almost 5 yards a carry and freakin Gattuso only ran them like 10 times before we went into milk the clock mode. 

I'm getting soooooo close to being done with this guy. He has NO clue what he's doing. Imbecile. 

Edited by Eli

I’d love to see a pass chart for last night. In my view the team should be running, using short passes, passes to the backs, jet sweeps, reverses, etc. take a few shots down the field. I can’t fathom why they took so many long shots down the field. Especially when it quickly became evident that VT was having a rough start. The kid has a decent arm, we’ve seen it. Ahhhh, what the heck do I know? He was reported to have “tensed up” and was letting the crowd’s calls to replace him get to him. 

Well, it was an ugly game but I’ll take the win.  There were some change so the coaches are trying to mix things up a bit. 

New starters - 

Dean Grogg - for Nick Griffin.  Anthony Lang also seemed to play a lot. 

Danny Damico (I think he started, he got most of the reps) for Neven Sussman

Isaiah Watson - for an injured Eli Mencer

Jack Dudzinski - for Micah Royster

I wonder what’s up with Hunter Verdi and Benson Israel?  The offensive line continues to struggle and I don’t think either has played this season.  Also, I thought Kobe Thomas was a highly touted recruit but I don’t think he’s played yet either.  I get that he’s a freshman but you get 4 games and still preserve your redshirt.

Also, with the issues at safety, I wonder why hasn’t Joe Casale received any playing time.  I also thought he was a top recruit so why isn’t he getting reps - he can play those 4 games and preserve his redshirt.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:33 PM, Clickclack said:

Aweful performance....most deflated I've ever been after a "w"...theres no light at the end of this tunnel just darkness. 

What a mess... #firegg #patsoswithafootball

Same here, I feel like we lost last night. Bad football and no hope. Five turnovers to bring them all and in the darkness bind them to winless conference play.

Edited by UA_MA_2000