UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game 1: MBB vs. Lehigh 11/09 7PM

DP.  I think you nailed it. Agree on all points. Got very nervous when I saw Healy and the guitar thing. Freshman seemed more mature than the vets. Hopefully first game jitters and over confidence out of the way. Got a feeling it is going to be a rough few days of practice before Wednesday. Hope coach does not run them to death, but may be exactly what they need?????

1 hour ago, DanesRGood said:

Guys, it's the first game. It was not pretty but we can't over react to it. I trust Brown and staff will make the necessary adjustments and improve. 

I truly dont think it's an over reaction.  Lehigh is a young bad team.  One game does not make a season and we all understand that, however we should have beaten this team AT HOME! 

Hopefully we turn it around,  1 game is not an issue , 2 or more games is a pattern. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1

The sky isn't falling after losing the first game, but this team needs to learn how to win, and they need to learn how to beat teams they are supposed to. They did a lot of losing last year, and losing a lot of close games. They need to learn how to close, and win. I wouldn't say they played down to the competition yesterday because it was probably a pretty evenly matched game, but they had the advantage being the home team. 

“Connectivity is everything for a team — You’re either a “team” or a “group” — You get to decide which one you’re going to be.”  - Minnesota FB Coach

Last year and after 1 game this year I think we're a group. We need to see some leadership and some team emotion.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Patch said:

“Connectivity is everything for a team — You’re either a “team” or a “group” — You get to decide which one you’re going to be.”  - Minnesota FB Coach

Last year and after 1 game this year I think we're a group. We need to see some leadership and some team emotion.

Seems to me that this has been a problem the last few years.  We need leadership.

20 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Guys, it's the first game. It was not pretty but we can't over react to it. I trust Brown and staff will make the necessary adjustments and improve. 

Maybe I am over reacting; but Saturday was so much like LAST year that I was truly, lets say disappointed rather than over reacting. Started last year 0-2; ultimately 4-11 ooc [5-11 if you count DIII win]; started 0-5 conference; need I continue. And as the losses piled up, we all/most at least said don't over react, have reasonable expectations. Not to lay blame, but Saturday I saw the same Clark, No Defense from anyone pretty much, poor to bad shooting by all, missed layups, lack luster efforts, and NO leadership. I know it is only one game, but with 5 games in Canada and a month of practice, it would have been nice to see some of last years deficiencies corrected.

24 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Maybe I am over reacting; but Saturday was so much like LAST year that I was truly, lets say disappointed rather than over reacting. Started last year 0-2; ultimately 4-11 ooc [5-11 if you count DIII win]; started 0-5 conference; need I continue. And as the losses piled up, we all/most at least said don't over react, have reasonable expectations. Not to lay blame, but Saturday I saw the same Clark, No Defense from anyone pretty much, poor to bad shooting by all, missed layups, lack luster efforts, and NO leadership. I know it is only one game, but with 5 games in Canada and a month of practice, it would have been nice to see some of last years deficiencies corrected.

Have to agree with you on this.  Last year we had to realize that without Cremo and Nichols to hold down the fort while the young pups got their paws wet, there would be growing pains and we saw that in the OOC and 1st half of AE play.  But with better play in last 8 games, the Canadian tour, and alot less new pieces to intergrate this season, that performance vs a middle of the pack Patriot team is unacceptable.

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Again, beating a dead horse but sitting there I couldn't shake the realization that this is the same team as last year. In fact if I had woken from a coma I wouldn't have been able to tell that it's a new year other then new bodies on the court. I'm both alarmed and disheartened at what I saw. I refuse to believe that it will take 10 games to figure it out again, come out like that again Wednesday night against a bad MAAC team with no sense of urgency, absolutely zero defensive effort, lack of offensive efficiency, the ridiculous hero ball and decisions and it's time to really sit and think hard if we all didn't completely miss-read this team. 

2 days later and I still can't shake a sense of dread...that was absolutely frightening. I'm somewhat heartened to see Brown say that this isn't the team he's seen in practices etc. Let's hope that it was just initial jitters because that team that took the court for 32 minutes is gonna win 10 games. 

- 2 players with 7to's between them isn't gonna cut it

- Them 7 blocks and us with zero even with Romani on the court and DeSousa isn't gonna cut it

- Layup drill in the paint for them giving up 49pts in the paint on 61% shooting isn't going to NEARLY cut it. This was the worst part of the night, just how badly and soundly they got their ass kicked on defense. I understand offense may have a bad night but defense is a direct by-product of effort. I saw NO effort until the last 6 or 7 minutes of the game. If this was a freshman team like last year, you could say they don't know what it takes yet. That excuse has run out. Play NO defense, expect NO wins.  

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2