UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #1: New Hampshire, Friday 3/5, 7:00 pm

Considering we haven't played in like 450 days, I think we did pretty well all things considered. I'm pretty happy with our showing. We could have folded at the half after that disastrous end to the first half but the guys regrouped and did their job.

Way to go boys!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eli said:

Considering we haven't played in like 450 days, I think we did pretty well all things considered. I'm pretty happy with our showing. We could have folded at the half after that disastrous end to the first half but the guys regrouped and did their job.

Way to go boys!

Yeah this was ballsy....unh very undisciplined...

Kicking game was beyond weak, but it was freezing cold, so I'll give it another game. The snaps were a problem all game as well. Not sure if that's the cold or something that needs to be addressed. 

All in all great win on the road against a ranked team. Can't complain, even if it was a little scary at the end with the team attempting to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Next game up. Great to see football being played.

• Like 1

Just watched highlights on the CAA site.  It's a win but ugly at times.  Kicking game was abysmal, even the FG barely squeaked by but was very crucial in the win.  And the final play was damn close to a winning TD.  JUC picked up in the 2nd half where he left off last year bit did keep it to short passes all game I assume due to weather and he misses Green for the big play downfield.  On to another cold one in Maine next week.  Could move up to Top 10 rank after UNH win.

So if want to find if it is easy to kick a football in 20 degree temperatures, go get that football in the back of the closet this morning, let the football sit outside for hour not in the sun, then try to kicking the ball .... by the way you need to stay outside for the same hour before kicking the ball...rarely do you encounter such conditions in the fall season made worse by playing at night....based on early forecasts for later in week (Thursday) Orono is low 50 degrees...remember it is March ... temps can swing back and forth... so maybe the field will not be frozen 

Edited by cwdickens
verbiage update
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Just watched highlights on the CAA site.  It's a win but ugly at times.  Kicking game was abysmal, even the FG barely squeaked by but was very crucial in the win.  And the final play was damn close to a winning TD.  JUC picked up in the 2nd half where he left off last year bit did keep it to short passes all game I assume due to weather and he misses Green for the big play downfield.  On to another cold one in Maine next week.  Could move up to Top 10 rank after UNH win.

Early forecast for next Saturday in Orono.....partly sunny and 36.  Not bad....let's hope that it holds.

Congrats on the win!  I love it when UNH loses.😀

Edited by mainejeff
  • Like 2

Just watched the replay of the game since I was out last night.  I thought the defense played very well most of the game and the offense was good and bad.  The line worries me a lot.  Hopefully they gel as the season goes on.  Other than one long run, the running game was bad and JUC was under pressure when he didn't get the all out quick. Teams will start to play for the quick passes and he is going to need more time.  Good win though!