UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Should the University at Albany enforce their In-Door Face Mask Requirement for MBB & WBB games @ SEFCU Arena?

Should the University at Albany enforce their In-Door Face Mask Requirement for MBB & WBB @ SEFCU Arena?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should the University at Albany enforce their In-Door Face Mask Requirement for MBB & WBB games @ SEFCU Arena?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2021 at 12:59 AM

3 minutes ago, blorp said:

You may not get fired for it, but you are often forced to walk around with the equivalent of a dunce cap. I briefly worked at a hospital and employees who weren't vaccinated against the flu had to mask, wear gloves, gown, and face shield when interacting with patients and preface every interaction with a lengthy speech about how they opted to not get the flu shot. The shame of it forced a lot of people who may have otherwise been on the fence into getting the shot. Unfortunately, people seem to be a lot more immune to shame than they were even 10 years ago.

Obviously medical field is different, you are dealing with sick and immunocompromised people. Tell it to the guy working construction or selling cars at a dealership why he needs the flu shot or he's get fired and then cry about how there is no one to build your apartment complex, drive a delivery truck or work a line at McDonalds. 

Not going to argue the benefits of vaccination or not any more. You are welcome to your opinion. But I Never once advocated anyone be FORCED to vaccinate. I am not the one who compared America to the former Soviet Union or Nazi Germany. I have only said FOLLOW the Science over & over again. Don’t believe/agree with the science; this may or may not be a free country, but IMHO this is a free blog. I have never advocated forcing anyone to do or believe anything. Do I blame the un-vaccinated for delaying/extending Covid—YEH I do. Do I think Covid will be eradicated or managed if you will—YEH I do. Do I think this is a FREE country—YEH I do. {and I’m pretty sure you do to..}

37 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Not going to argue the benefits of vaccination or not any more. You are welcome to your opinion. But I Never once advocated anyone be FORCED to vaccinate. I am not the one who compared America to the former Soviet Union or Nazi Germany. I have only said FOLLOW the Science over & over again. Don’t believe/agree with the science; this may or may not be a free country, but IMHO this is a free blog. I have never advocated forcing anyone to do or believe anything. Do I blame the un-vaccinated for delaying/extending Covid—YEH I do. Do I think Covid will be eradicated or managed if you will—YEH I do. Do I think this is a FREE country—YEH I do. {and I’m pretty sure you do to..}

I do ...have a great rest of your night. Go Danes!

• Like 1

Most Asians have been wearing masks for years to prevent colds & flu. Ever travel to Europe or Disney World during flu season. The Asians are all over the place with their giant cameras and they are all/most wearing masks. Do Not mean to be derogatory towards Asians, they are just ahead of the curve on mask wearing and disease prevention. Maybe I'm exaggerating about the number wearing masks but giant cameras NO😁.

Edited by dslyank

Just now, dslyank said:

Most Asians have been wearing masks for years to prevent colds & flu. Ever travel to Europe during flu season. The Asians are all over the place with their giant cameras and they are all/most wearing masks. Do Not mean to be derogatory towards Asians, they are just ahead of the curve on mask wearing and disease prevention. Maybe I'm exaggerating about the number wearing masks but giant cameras NO😁.

Yup you are definitely right lol. My mother was born in Hong Kong and I was lucky to be able to visit for the first time in early 2019 right before $iena hit the fan politically and with Covid. Masks were especially worn on packed mass transit and at the time it was odd, but just made sense looking back now. 

I've noticed that as well but my understanding is they have been wearing them for years mostly due to the air pollution in countries like China. But I'm sure others wear them for disease related issues also.

I'm not anti-masks and wear them when required and will be wearing it in NY when I come visit next week per the new rules and regulations (definitely agree about the bathrooms though - definitely a benefit lol).

But what I was getting at earlier is that calling the authorities on businesses (such as the UA athletic program) and being an overall tattle about it is where I find people going over the line. Don't forget that when you call the authorities on a small business or a small athletic program, you're affecting more than just that single location or single entity (who may get shut down or fined); you're impacting your local community in terms of killing a small business or affecting their already strained operating budget, which now can't pay local people or staff as many people, who now won't have as much money to spend to impact the local economy, etc. In the end, you hurt your community AND YOURSELF, not help it. People should be mindful of that.

That's why I said earlier that these mandates and rules (created by politicians who have been caught not following said mandates and rules) have done damage to many industries, services and economies on a local, national and worldwide scale. You have people losing careers they have worked 10, 15, 20 years to build. People moving out of homes they've lived in for 30-40 years because they are now jobless.

I want it to be over and dusted just like the next guy, but based on the numbers (deaths per 100,000 and other such metrics), I'm personally not of the opinion that we need to destroy personal choice, public service sectors, the economy, etc. in the process for something that has an insanely low mortality rate for the vast majority of the public.

Anyhow, as UA'08 put it, we're just talking past each other 99% of the time on topics such as this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Mask mandate is listed on Albany County website:

Https://www.albanycounty.com/departments/health/coronavirus-covid-19/faq

Also GOER (governor's office of employee relations) is requiring all to wear masks 100% of the time, email came out yesterday to employees. I am unsure if GOER oversees SUNYs or not.

9 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

Mask mandate is listed on Albany County website:

Https://www.albanycounty.com/departments/health/coronavirus-covid-19/faq

Also GOER (governor's office of employee relations) is requiring all to wear masks 100% of the time, email came out yesterday to employees. I am unsure if GOER oversees SUNYs or not.

Right, I meant Albany isn't on the list of counties fighting the mandate and saying they won't enforce and use their resources. Read: wear your mask at SEFCU 😂

This whole pandemic and vaccine business is going to be argued about, studied and dissected for decades. I heard this morning on our local NPR station that 1,000 Cornell students have tested positive for covid. And roughly 900 of them were vaccinated.  There’s an awful lot of misinformation and lying going on. The vaccine does not prevent covid...it makes you less likely to catch it and much less likely to get seriously ill. At least that’s the way I see it. I’m vaxed and boosted and wear a mask wherever required and wherever I think it may do some good. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

Was there any different signage at tonight's women's game for communication to women's season ticket holders?

Not a women's season ticket holder... attended game.....based on causal observation everyone was wearing a mask last evening

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

This whole pandemic and vaccine business is going to be argued about, studied and dissected for decades. I heard this morning on our local NPR station that 1,000 Cornell students have tested positive for covid. And roughly 900 of them were vaccinated.  There’s an awful lot of misinformation and lying going on. The vaccine does not prevent covid...it makes you less likely to catch it and much less likely to get seriously ill. At least that’s the way I see it. I’m vaxed and boosted and wear a mask wherever required and wherever I think it may do some good. 

Yep, Click shared that article earlier and today I read that RE: the NBA, 97% of the league is vaccinated and yet they are setting daily records for how many players are in protocol.

It definitely doesn't prevent, just limits severity.