UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Football- Greg Gattuso Watch

Oh, but our pass defense was #2! Well, when you’re #12 in rushing defense, who needs to throw? #1 in opponent penalties...pretty much out of your control and that should have helped win more games than it hurt. Pass offense was #3...because rush offense was #11....couldn’t run, so forced to pass. Nothing about this chart paints a positive picture. And your #1 running back is graduating...and not a single other running back out of the six on the team was even considered as a reliable enough backup at any point in the season. There’s a bang up job of recruiting and coaching right there. 

Baaah. We all know nothing is going to happen, at least until the contract is up....

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

If you put stock in the Sagarin ratings, UA regressed this year to basically the best team in the NEC. UA only beat the lowest ranked team in the Colonial and the lowest ranked team in the second lowest ranked FCS league...which only beat out the Pioneer conference.  Further, there’s only 2 schools, JMU and Villanova, that crack the top 25. So basically, the CAA, top to bottom, had a pretty weak year. And UA only went 1-9. I suppose you could say that most of the CAA, 8 teams to be exact, had conference records of 5-3, 4-4 and 3-5.....which indicates a tough league where most teams feast on each other. Unfortunately for UA, they were the main course except for the one against UNH. Just more proof of how far this program has sunk under GG. 

• Like 2

Well, not renewing FB for next year 100%. I hope I can get my 50 yard line seats back when I do buy them again, but I'd rather sit somewhere else than watch another game at Casey Stadium with him at the helm.

At this point, the renewal is more of a donation anyway and I'll be lucky to catch one game a year if I'm up for the holidays or something.

Ridiculous.  Will he make changes on the staff like Judge started on Giants to cover his butt?  Will Undercuffler go back to 2019 JUC?  Who on earth replaces Mofor?  Would love to have been a fly on the wall on his meeting with Benson to hear the song and dance he gave him on how next season will be hughly successful with him at the helm.  

34 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Ridiculous.  Will he make changes on the staff like Judge started on Giants to cover his butt?  Will Undercuffler go back to 2019 JUC?  Who on earth replaces Mofor?  Would love to have been a fly on the wall on his meeting with Benson to hear the song and dance he gave him on how next season will be hughly successful with him at the helm.  

At this point, there are more questions then answers.  Four things watch for:

• National Signing Day:  Does Gattuso and his assistants make any headway?
  • Transfer Portal: Who leaves UAlbany for better opportunities .... Can UAlbany find someone in the portal to fill a need? ...willing to take a huge chance
  • Does Gattuso jettison some of his assistants?
  • Does Benson and Vic make a visible effort supervise Gattuso?  Has Benson and Vic dictated changes they want?

I'm willing to bet my lunch that JUC is going to transfer out. After an amazing 2019 season, he looked TERRIBLE this year. Not sure he forgot to play football. My guess is the system changed in some form or fashion OR he looked worse because his supporting cast was worse but I don't see him, with the advent of the portal, sticking around. Why would he? My guess is Carino is our QB next year.

55 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

At this point, there are more questions then answers.  Four things watch for:

• Transfer Portal: Who leaves UAlbany for better opportunities .... Can UAlbany find someone in the portal to fill a need? ...willing to take a huge chance
  • Does Benson and Vic make a visible effort supervise Gattuso?  Has Benson and Vic dictated changes they want?
    • What recruit would look at this program right now and REALLY want to come here?  Lame duck coach with a REALLY bad team
    • Why would any good player want to stay here with a lame duck coach and a REALLY bad team?
    • I doubt it.
    • Supervise?  Are either of them football guys? Are they going to say who starts, who sits, what plays to run?  highly doubt it.

Honestly, this whole thing is terrible. To me next year is a throwaway season.  

• Like 1