UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Football- Greg Gattuso Watch

It will be sad to see him go, but I can't blame him. This team is going nowhere with GG at the helm and the best players want to play for a team that has a chance to compete for a title. Rocco gets canned after a winning record and one league championship and we're stuck with a losing dead end coach for another year. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Danes77 said:

Verse is officially in the transfer portal.  Sad to see him go. 

Knew it was going to happen and he won't be the first of our best to leave. They see the writing on the wall.

35 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I truly hope they all go . They deserve better. Let coach go 0-12 so there is no chance this moron AD will extend him . 

My sentiments EXACTLY. God forbid this loser pulls a .500 season out of his arse next year and somehow convinces Benson that we've turned a corner and gets another 2-3 year extension. If that happens, I will be done with UA FB until such as time as both are replaced.

Who's next? Walker? Alexander? Mistler? Ambush? Undercuffler? Hell, Carino?

Edited by Eli

TU story says Verse is only looking at FBS, has offers from Kansas, Buffalo and Western Kentucky, and contact from Michigan State and Florida State.

"I have nothing bad to say about Albany," Verse said Wednesday in a phone interview. "I love the coaches here, everything about here. I felt after helping myself grow as a player and everything like that, you'd have to leave the CAA — not Albany, but the CAA — to go somewhere FBS-wise, a bigger school, more competition where on a week-to-week basis I'm being challenged."

"I wish him well," texted UAlbany coach Greg Gattuso, who is on the road recruiting. 

Verse said Gattuso was understanding when Verse called him Tuesday. 

"He said he wasn't going to try to talk me out of it because he knows I made my decision, which I respected so much and I thank him for everything he did for me and specifically for that, too," Verse said.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Some BIG time schools he's visiting. Good for him!

The first trip for the CAA Defensive Rookie of the year was not far from his hometown of Berwick (Pa.), as he spent time with Dino Baber's Syracuse program.

"It was definitely an amazing trip," Verse said of his time at Syracuse. "Got to sit down with the coaches and talk about their 3-3-5 defense. I did have questions about that because I have never been in a three-front defense, so getting to understand how it works was nice. I did have a little fun while I was there since they showed me around the campus and everything like that. I got to see the facilities and everything. It was top-notch."

After winding up the trip in New York, Verse headed South and will proceed to take a bevy of visits in the coming days.

"Currently, I am at Houston right now," Verse told Sports Illustrated on Wednesday night. "Then, I plan on making a visit to Florida State, Tennessee, and Purdue. I am going to Florida State tomorrow, Tennessee on Saturday, then Purdue on Sunday."

Verse is enjoying his time in Houston around the AAC program, which is coming off an impressive 2021 regular season.

Albany Transfer Jared Verse Discusses Process, Latest In Recruitment - SI All-American

Davis fired...telling he didn't thank the coaching stuff but only the kids. Clearly didn't deserve to be back based on results but pretty funny to see Gattuso as usual scapegoat someone. Can't wait to see the stellar lineup of offensive coordinators that will want to take a job with a corpse of a HC coach playing out the string. Typical Gattuso, if Davis wasn't on the same page as you for a few years, why did you keep him around?

#onemoreyear #thistooshallpass #hellonthegridiron

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...