Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #8: 12/7/21 - 7:00PM at Yale


Eli
 Share

Recommended Posts

Was at a concert in my kids school tonight and no coverage so I couldn't sneak a peak. Glad I didn't. 

As a reminder: both UVM and SBU beat Yale. We struggle to get to 50 points.

I think I'm ready to lose confidence that they are going to be competitive this season.  I'm ok with that as it's a transition year, I'm just disappointed as coming into the season we all felt that there was the talent to compete. I hope I'm wrong, but it's probably time to start looking for positives and development to grow on.

There hasn't been a lot of home games for us to watch, but from what I've seen so far, Killings might be too reserved as a head coach. Not sure I've seen him get mad and angry with the team. I love his positivity and his mantra of "Mentality" but I'm curious if he might be too nice to get the most out of his players. Obviously we have no idea what goes on in practice and I could be completely off base, but part of me thinks he needs to do better at getting the team angry and fired up. Get a technical defending your team. Get loud. I still feel the team has enough talent on paper, but they need to have more fire. It feels uninspired. Again, this could be 100% off base and wrong, but it's my impression after this start to the year.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Was at a concert in my kids school tonight and no coverage so I couldn't sneak a peak. Glad I didn't. 

As a reminder: both UVM and SBU beat Yale. We struggle to get to 50 points.

I think I'm ready to lose confidence that they are going to be competitive this season.  I'm ok with that as it's a transition year, I'm just disappointed as coming into the season we all felt that there was the talent to compete. I hope I'm wrong, but it's probably time to start looking for positives and development to grow on.

There hasn't been a lot of home games for us to watch, but from what I've seen so far, Killings might be too reserved as a head coach. Not sure I've seen him get mad and angry with the team. I love his positivity and his mantra of "Mentality" but I'm curious if he might be too nice to get the most out of his players. Obviously we have no idea what goes on in practice and I could be completely off base, but part of me thinks he needs to do better at getting the team angry and fired up. Get a technical defending your team. Get loud. I still feel the team has enough talent on paper, but they need to have more fire. It feels uninspired. Again, this could be 100% off base and wrong, but it's my impression after this start to the year.

They don't have anywhere near enough talent and were picked 7th in the league. At the most important position they have no depth and starter there is a role player. Without a PG you have almost no chance...Who knows what Amica could have been or grown into this season but we know for sure now we have no answer there. Very hard to win with nothing at that spot. But they have other problems as well...just the PG spot is so so glaring. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I see we've arrived at 8th game of the season and we are already losing patience with the coach 8 games into his career...and I'm not even the one grabbing the gas can...LOL

I haven't lost patience with the coach, just providing an uninformed observation. This is his first HC job. He has to find and define his style. 

Constructive criticism doesn't equal losing patience.

Edited by godanesgo99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

DK was starting three of his recruits now just two based on tonight's line up. So if we lose tonight is that because he is using old players over his own recruits? 

Hearing alot about once he gets his own guys he will be able to win...a good coach can also figure out how to use the puzzle pieces he has to win ( the majority of the team has been recruited by him).

As we all know many beginning of the season lineups never reflect the end of the season lineup due to injuries etc. Hopefully now that he's a head coach he will learn how to adjust and figure out how to win with what he has regardless of how that person got on the team.

Great to have you back....hope to see you in the stands....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And by lose confidence they will be competitive doesn't mean I don't think they will, I'm just trying to lower my own expectations, so I can enjoy the game more. 

I like the defense the team plays, but starting the year with poor shooting can be hard. Having it happen a few games in a row and it's a slump. Get to game 5 or 6 and it's concerning, and when you don't see anyone on the team get hot by game 8-10 it's a trend that becomes hard to reverse. 

I have confidence that DK will get them going eventually... but it might not be as soon as we'd like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

DK was starting three of his recruits now just two based on tonight's line up. So if we lose tonight is that because he is using old players over his own recruits? 

Hearing alot about once he gets his own guys he will be able to win...a good coach can also figure out how to use the puzzle pieces he has to win ( the majority of the team has been recruited by him).

As we all know many beginning of the season lineups never reflect the end of the season lineup due to injuries etc. Hopefully now that he's a head coach he will learn how to adjust and figure out how to win with what he has regardless of how that person got on the team.

What was WB’s excuse for only winning 7 games in his first full season as a head coach? Then 5 games the following year. The recruiting process takes years. Not four months. Way to go in on the new staff after 9 games. The bitterness has clearly not gone away yet. Go watch the patroons and see what they scrapped up with their open tryout.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

What was WB’s excuse for only winning 7 games in his first full season as a head coach? Then 5 games the following year. The recruiting process takes years. Not four months. Way to go in on the new staff after 9 games. The bitterness has clearly not gone away yet. Go watch the patroons and see what they scrapped up with their open tryout.

If anyone thought a change of coach was going to be painless, we now know how painful this year is going to be. LOL why do we have to resuracte Will Brown explanation for difficult years.  The program was still in its infancy of D1 nineteen years ago.  So you have said "the recruiting process takes years"....I do not think Dwayne Killings has years...perhaps two years at best...many D1 program recover quickly... Marquette Men's Basketball is 7 - 2 ... play Kansas State this evening so let us see how they do against them....my question: Is Marquette's mens Basketball program better off without Dwayne Killings?  I do not know the answer.....bitterness....check out the football threads...

Edited by cwdickens
verbiage update
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...