UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #8: 12/7/21 - 7:00PM at Yale

Eli

44 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

DK was starting three of his recruits now just two based on tonight's line up. So if we lose tonight is that because he is using old players over his own recruits? 

Hearing alot about once he gets his own guys he will be able to win...a good coach can also figure out how to use the puzzle pieces he has to win ( the majority of the team has been recruited by him).

As we all know many beginning of the season lineups never reflect the end of the season lineup due to injuries etc. Hopefully now that he's a head coach he will learn how to adjust and figure out how to win with what he has regardless of how that person got on the team.

DK was introduced March 18th, the remaining players had a week or a two to figure out if they wanted to stay. He didn't start recruiting until the end of March early April. Yes, many of these kids are his kids but it's probably not an ideal mix to address weakness that not only carried over from previous year (losing season) but also to fill gaps with in a recruiting market where only spare parts were available. 

Sure, it's on him to use the pieces he's got no matter how mismatched or patchworked the roster is but I think it's a bit unfair to tell him that he needs to be winning against the likes of Yale, Kansas St. Kentucky etc. and with two rotation kids injured and out. 

I see all of a sudden the OOC matters....aahhhh...that's nice! I seem to recall for years being told it's just to get ready for conference play...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

We all love UAlbany sports . But let's not look at this team with purple colored glasses . They suck. 

It doesn't mean they can't get hot and win a could of games, but damn this team is boring.  

No one is saying they are very good...I think people expected them to compete for the AE. I think we can all agree this has been probably more rough then most expected but they weren't slated to be any good picked 7th in the AE before injuries. 

This game has been rough. Just not enough shooting...defense is good.