UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #8: 12/7/21 - 7:00PM at Yale

Eli

9 hours ago, cwdickens said:

As a follow up .... Marquette MBB goes to 8 - 2 with their victory over Kansas State 64 - 63 .... close most of the game with Kansas State leading most of the game until the later stages... best you can say Marquette is doing better with a new coach and coaching staff .... going to monitor Marquette to see if this continues

No one cares about Marquette here. The talent level is not the same (they gave the NBA Jimmy Butler, Dwyane Wade, etc.). Doesn't matter who the staff is, it's a different level of basketball entirely. Can we stop posting about them? Has nothing to do with UA.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Eli said:

No one cares about Marquette here. The talent level is not the same (they gave the NBA Jimmy Butler, Dwyane Wade, etc.). Doesn't matter who the staff is, it's a different level of basketball entirely. Can we stop posting about them? Has nothing to do with UA.

Actually, I follow Marquette, but, I don't need this forum to be the source of my information regarding Marquette.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Hmmm...... A reminder, our coach left Marquette, before getting the boot like the rest of the Marquette staff.  UAlbany announcement in our first sentence stated the following: "Killings joins UAlbany from his latest position as Associate Head Coach at Marquette University, where he spent the previous three seasons under head coach Steve Wojciechowski. In Killings’ three years at Marquette, the Golden Eagles posted two winning seasons and made one appearance in the NCAA Tournament. In 2020, his recruiting class ranked in the top-20 nationally and he coached 2019-20 BIG EAST Player of the Year and AP All-American Markus Howard."

Our hiring was based in large part on his Marquette experiences.  As a poster on this forum, I ask myself questions and have observations....which at times I post.  Sometimes my questions and observations irk people... too bad... further there is no reason to impose your censorship rules here  ... simple observation Marquette and UAlbany changed Men's basketball coaches...Marquette is 8 - 2 and UAlbany 1 - 7.  Further, I have no intention make this ongoing posting unless you encourage me to do so.   LOL

Edited by cwdickens
update
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 9:23 AM, cwdickens said:

If anyone thought a change of coach was going to be painless, we now know how painful this year is going to be. LOL why do we have to resuracte Will Brown explanation for difficult years.  The program was still in its infancy of D1 nineteen years ago.  So you have said "the recruiting process takes years"....I do not think Dwayne Killings has years...perhaps two years at best...many D1 program recover quickly... Marquette Men's Basketball is 7 - 2 ... play Kansas State this evening so let us see how they do against them....my question: Is Marquette's mens Basketball program better off without Dwayne Killings?  I do not know the answer.....bitterness....check out the football threads...

Yeah, Marquette's problems were Dwayne Killings who was not the HC. This post is astounding in its stupidity. As this season wears on the people who are more WB fans than UA basketball fans will have plenty of time to get their shots in. Three straight losing seasons prior to this one but yeah, the program was in great shape and DK killed it. Amazing...

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

It was an observation based on other people's comments about how we have to give him time to recruit. I may not post because I am busy but I'm still reading through threads and watching the games as if it's any of your business.

But you know I can't have a comment because I actually liked Brown I'm sorry🤔.

I want the program to succeed so don't put words in anyone's mouth. But if the whole point Benson brought someone in is to ... I don't know have his own coach under his belt... Get some new blood in.. whatever it was. Everyone always talked on here about how winning is what we all needed to get butts in the seats, we have to always be in the top and be able to win a championship every year, etc etc.

Well let's see some Ws.. And as others have pointed out you don't get 5 years to build a program. And Benson chose to hire a coach who had no head coach experience so this is what we're getting.. and all the teams he was an assistant under failed.. or the head coach was fired and that's why he moved etc. I'm just not sure what the point of hiring this kind of coach was. Are we supposed to expect 3 years of losing seasons in order to possibly be in a position to win a championship.... Or are we going to go the Gattuso route.. We will see how it plays out..🤷🏻‍♀

I wasn't trying to turn this into a coach thread. It was that the lineup changed for the Yale game and I thought it was funny based on the past comments I had seen on this board...

Funny, you have nary a bad word to say about the 3 years that just wrapped up. But by your own admission, you'd rather lose and continue to lose so long as your personal friend is in the HC chair then try something else. 8 games in you can hardly contain your glee...it's in your every keystroke. I for one do not believe for a second you want DK to succeed because if he fails Benson fails and that is all you really care about. Sorry to be so blunt...you'll deny it I'm sure but your denials will fall on deaf ears. So this season will be a lot of fun for you, I'm sure...

19 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I want to make sure one thing about me is known....I want Dwayne Killings to succeed....I do not know any UAlbany fans that do not want this team to succeed and have a winning record in conference. The changes in a basketball program are not always smooth transitation for the coach, the team and the fans....like what is happening at UAlbany.....hopefully by season three of Killings reign winning streaks are the norm..... and nearly all the fans embraced Killings

I do...there are many people here who want DK to fail, when DK fails, Benson fails and to some settling that score is bigger than the program.

Edited by Clickclack

While I'm not one of them, the football forum will tell you that there are more than just WB fans that want Benson to fail. I loved WB, but I was ok with the move as the school needed a refresh after multiple years of underperformance. I wish DK all the success in the world, and hope the program continues to grow. I just want him to find himself, assert himself, and show that not only can he recruit great STUDENT athletes - but also get the most out of them - both as productive members of the community/society after college and for their futures as players: at UA and potentially beyond professionally if that is what they want.

If he can successfully do these things (which I believe WB accomplished in his time here), then he will be a success for the University regardless of his record on the court! If he can also win games and dance, then it raises the national brand the University has -  helping all Alumni, and its an even bigger win.   

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bob87 said:

Whether I comment or not, Eli is certainly the last person that speaks for what I care about. 

Marquette is on my list of places I will eventually see a game at. 

If you go, head over to Real Chili.  It's....an experience. 

• Like 1

Obviously if anyone forgot over the last 20 years, there is a learning curve to go from assistant to head coach. I enjoyed going to 4 of the 5 NCAA tournaments that the men's basketball team made and obviously I root for coach DK to be able to get the Danes back although there are no guarantees we will ever go back. 

Part of what made the tournament special is it isn't easy to get there. Whatever happens I will be at as many games as I can. 2020 was the most difficult year. Not the years when the Danes win fewer than expected

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Yeah, Marquette's problems were Dwayne Killings who was not the HC. This post is astounding in its stupidity. As this season wears on the people who are more WB fans than UA basketball fans will have plenty of time to get their shots in. Three straight losing seasons prior to this one but yeah, the program was in great shape and DK killed it. Amazing...

Your lack of civility comes as no surprise....and an endorsement from your "partner in crime" less of a surprise....talk about two peas in a pod.....how you come to your conclusion is beyond me....what this has to do with Will Brown?  Sad, sadder.....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I do...there are many people here who want DK to fail, when DK fails, Benson fails and to some settling that score is bigger than the program.

According to the football threads, many already feel Benson has failed....which includes reasons beyond football

I am hoping we can win at least three non conference games this season which matches than the 2001-2002 record, our fisrt year in the AE....hoping for at least 6 conference wins....as reminder I want DK to succeed, dropping back to the results of the early D1 years is no fun.....I remembered...I was in the stands then and I will be in the stands now

13 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Your lack of civility comes as no surprise....and an endorsement from your "partner in crime" less of a surprise....talk about two peas in a pod.....how you come to your conclusion is beyond me....what this has to do with Will Brown?  Sad, sadder.....

I could have been more clear, the first two sentences applied to you, the rest did not. I could have been more clear. For the record, I do not feel you are one of those who would love for DK to fail. 

• 5 weeks later...

I have not forgotten my thought Is Marquette better off without Killings....yeah...they fired their head coach... UAlbany got lucky when Killing started shopping his resume ....however; Marquette is 10 - 6 with a two game winning streak:

• /images/logos/Providence.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
    JAN 4 (TUE) 8 P.M. CT
    BIG EAST
    VS 
    #16/17 PROVIDENCE
    MILWAUKEE, WI FISERV FORUM
    TV: FS1 RADIO: 94.5 ESPN
    W, 88-56
    Hide/Show Additional Information For Providence - January 4, 2022
  • /images/logos/Georgetown.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
    JAN 7 (FRI) 5:30 P.M. CT
    BIG EAST