UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #8: 12/7/21 - 7:00PM at Yale

Eli

Another real tough opponent, another opportunity for growth and improvement. The Harvard loss was hard as I felt this team should have won that game with how they played. A win here would be great for the team. They can do it if they find a way to put the ball in the basket.

I'm also hoping to see the team play a little faster. We were told they were gonna play fast, yet the pace has been Will Brownesque.

22 hours ago, bob87 said:

Hopefully LCC falls to a perfect 0-8 in their next game on 12/12 when they do what their men are again afraid to do. Travel to Albany. They would already be "last" in the AE with losses to Binghamton and unh.

Unfortunately I will miss that game but hoping to hear a happy result

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Another real tough opponent, another opportunity for growth and improvement. The Harvard loss was hard as I felt this team should have won that game with how they played. A win here would be great for the team. They can do it if they find a way to put the ball in the basket.

I'm also hoping to see the team play a little faster. We were told they were gonna play fast, yet the pace has been Will Brownesque.

Is Yale going to be a tough opponent because Yale beat UMASS and Siena or because they lose to Vermont and Stony Brook?

This a bell weather game for our conference games.

25 minutes ago, blorp said:

Amica's out for the season since he needs hip surgery. I feel for the kid. That sucks.

Wow, that is terrible news for the kid.  Always wonder how a injury like that occurred.  Hope all goes well for him.  This season is a lost cause so far but if Amica could have played significant minutes to gain experience, it could set up the team for 2022-23 for a big improvement with new recruits coming in, DJ and staff with a full year under their belt, and the others returning with time to gel.  He will basically be a rookie next season.  I guess we ride Horton at PG for now.

Wow that sucks. Kids looked like a potential stud in high school and his 6 minutes last season. Hopefully he recovers from surgery and is able to be as good as he was. I know some that actually improved after surgery, but that is a small percentage.

We have Horton for another season, and Little has shown flashes of brilliance as a young freshman. 

Hopefully Horton can give us closer to what he did last season in conference play... I mean he has looked lost at times this season, but he played 28.8 minutes per game in conference last year, shout 44% from the floor (45% from 3), 80% from the line, 2.4 assists, and 1.2 steals with 9.5ppg. He can do it, earned it last year as he started the last 8 games of the year. 

As little gets used to the college game, I am betting he will be a great contributor by conference play.

Get well soon Mr. Amica!

7 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Wow, that is terrible news for the kid.  Always wonder how a injury like that occurred.  Hope all goes well for him.  This season is a lost cause so far but if Amica could have played significant minutes to gain experience, it could set up the team for 2022-23 for a big improvement with new recruits coming in, DJ and staff with a full year under their belt, and the others returning with time to gel.  He will basically be a rookie next season.  I guess we ride Horton at PG for now.

I had the injury and had the surgery.  While it all depends on what they find when they go in there, he likely will be fine.  I had my surgery 11 years ago and still have avoided hip replacement.  My surgery was more extensive then they thought it would be, taking a large portion of my cartilage out (2 cm) and having to perform micro fracture surgery as well (drilling tiny holes into the bone to create fake cartilage with the healing from the holes). 

Point of the story: I was snowboarding and doing major jumps 9 months later, fully heard within 6 months.  The last 3 months were just waiting for snow.  I was also 36 at the time, he has the benefit of being younger.  

it is a really “normal” surgery these days, literally the hardest thing being getting in and out of bed for a few weeks. 

how you get this injury: twisting, turning, squatting, etc.  very common for field sports, hockey, basketball, snowboarding, and dancers.  It’s basically twisting that causes the cartilage to tear. 

I don't know if it was in any of the tweets, but today's TU specifies Amica's injury is a torn labrum, revealed by an MRI after the Kentucky game.

Also, they still expect Gerald Drumgoole Jr. to recover from his knee surgery in time for the conference season.

So I fully understand that coach has forgotten more about basketball then I know. 

However I hope they try something new on offense.  Maybe get the ball down low on a consistent basis. It may not be possible , but play inside out because playing outside in does not work . We can't shoot the ball. 

• Like 1

DK was starting three of his recruits now just two based on tonight's line up. So if we lose tonight is that because he is using old players over his own recruits? 

Hearing alot about once he gets his own guys he will be able to win...a good coach can also figure out how to use the puzzle pieces he has to win ( the majority of the team has been recruited by him).

As we all know many beginning of the season lineups never reflect the end of the season lineup due to injuries etc. Hopefully now that he's a head coach he will learn how to adjust and figure out how to win with what he has regardless of how that person got on the team.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2