UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

8 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Was reading the quotes give to Kelley and Singalais...Benson has lost his mind and integrity...sitting there just lying to the fan base about what a great job Gattuso has done...actually got a laugh from me. Absolutely unbelievable...he can't possibly think anyone believes him.

Either he doesn’t or he doesn’t care. Probably the latter. This situation has really left me gutted. Can’t wait for the next call from a student athlete asking for $. 

At the end of 2019...after a 9-5 season, apparently Benson's first thought is "I gotta extend this guy!". Including the 2019 year, his three year record was 16-20 overall and 9-15 in conference. Loser/Loser. Then, after a 1-3 screwed up spring season he's thinking "I gotta extend this guy." Then, the team completely face plants in the fall of 2021, no big injuries to blame. 2-9 and 1-7 LOSER/LOSER. Now, Benson's chomping at the bits to extend...and he does. Does Rodriguez have to sign off on these things?? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

At the end of 2019...after a 9-5 season, apparently Benson's first thought is "I gotta extend this guy!". Including the 2019 year, his three year record was 16-20 overall and 9-15 in conference. Loser/Loser. Then, after a 1-3 screwed up spring season he's thinking "I gotta extend this guy." Then, the team completely face plants in the fall of 2021, no big injuries to blame. 2-9 and 1-7 LOSER/LOSER. Now, Benson's chomping at the bits to extend...and he does. Does Rodriguez have to sign off on these things?? 

When it comes to personnel, Benson doesn't have two brain cells to rub together evidently. Nearly a day later and I'm still disgusted. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Eli said:

When it comes to personnel, Benson doesn't have two brain cells to rub together evidently. Nearly a day later and I'm still disgusted. 

And this is why I was so pissed with Brown's exit. It had nothing to do with his records, coaching style etc. Benson had his handful of coaches he wanted to get rid of so he could make a name for himself as an AD. If you didn't drink with him, break some NCAA rules he added you to that list.

Get rid of someone because they suck as a coach, that's fine but this personal crap to get rid of or keep a crappy coach based on being your buddy..just garbage. He just outed himself to all of those people not in the know of who he really is.. blah. Whatever, was over UA Athletics a while ago ..Benson has ruined them all. 

• Like 3

Here's something that I would like to believe about myself: That if I worked somewhere and I was seriously under-performing, and they told me to fire my best friend while signing me to a multi-year extension, that I would realize that it was too uncomfortable to stay. 

But,  hey,  maybe the cost of GG'S loyalty is only an extra million. 

I'm proud to NOT call him a friend. 

🤣😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

And this is why I was so pissed with Brown's exit. It had nothing to do with his records, coaching style etc. Benson had his handful of coaches he wanted to get rid of so he could make a name for himself as an AD. If you didn't drink with him, break some NCAA rules he added you to that list.

Get rid of someone because they suck as a coach, that's fine but this personal crap to get rid of or keep a crappy coach based on being your buddy..just garbage. He just outed himself to all of those people not in the know of who he really is.. blah. Whatever, was over UA Athletics a while ago ..Benson has ruined them all. 

I'd love to hear what rules he broke or asked to be broken...I want to add some fuel to my own personal fire. Please help me dislike him more 😂

5 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

Listen....I've been public I thought the basketball program had gotten stale ..I know not everyone agrees but fine. But you absolutely can't do what you did to Brown and turn around and keep extending a guy who is worse by order of magnitude and then insult the fan base that the program is heading in the right direction. It's very obvious the situation with Brown was personal... regardless of what you thought of Brown.

Mark Benson is a lying turd and the day he's $iena canned will be a good day for UA. I'd encourage everyone to contact the President to voice their displeasure. I intend to, with some vigor. 

Gattuso is a loser and a lost cause, but who's gonna blame him for taking the extra million Benson just gave him. Benson has no excuse for offering this extension. I'll be here for when this all blows up in his face. Gattuso is a proven loser ..zero chance he figures it out in year 9, 10, 11 and 12. Everyone knows he's a loser including the kids who've quit on him.

Edited by Clickclack

5 hours ago, haggyland said:

Here's something that I would like to believe about myself: That if I worked somewhere and I was seriously under-performing, and they told me to fire my best friend while signing me to a multi-year extension, that I would realize that it was too uncomfortable to stay. 

But,  hey,  maybe the cost of GG'S loyalty is only an extra million. 

I'm proud to NOT call him a friend. 

🤣😂

They made him fire his friend and according to the TU Gattuso didn't even call him. A coward to the very end...in an effort to save his own hide as is usual for Gattuso he threw everyone he could find under the bus. It's no wonder he can't buy a win...he's not a leader. Everyone can smell a guttless coward from a mile away. It's why he's such a mess on a recruiting trail...any talent he does find leaves. Even his own players can't wait to get out. This won't change in year 9 and on. The book is out on him. Any decent kid reading this board will look elsewhere if he's smart. Gattuso will ruin your career. 

8 hours ago, jimbo said:

But hey ..he kept his word...lmao .. absolutely hilarious. I seriously can't believe this just happened. Anyone smart would have canned Gattuso give his word or not. The fact that this fool even gave this loser a promise with years on the contract is mind boggling enough but he didn't have the brains to walk away. Promise or not...Gattuso didn't hold up his end of the bargain not to be a complete $iena stain of a "coach". These two deserve each other. I won't be a party to it anymore.

Edited by Clickclack

On 12/24/2021 at 3:48 PM, Eli said:

I'd love to hear what rules he broke or asked to be broken...I want to add some fuel to my own personal fire. Please help me dislike him more 😂

See Dane96 post... Him and I both know the same story. He just posted it lol.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1