UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

If this is true...WHAT. THE. FRICK. 

Is UA out of their ever lovin mind? 

Anyone have any details on rumored length? Are we talking like 1 year or 5 more years? Even 1 year is 1 year too much but if it's a lengthy extension then WTF even more. We should be working to REMOVE years, not add them. 

Either way, I'm done with UA FB until GG is not here and possibly until Benson is relieved. 

17 minutes ago, Eli said:

If this is true...WHAT. THE. FRICK. 

Is UA out of their ever lovin mind? 

Anyone have any details on rumored length? Are we talking like 1 year or 5 more years? Even 1 year is 1 year too much but if it's a lengthy extension then WTF even more. We should be working to REMOVE years, not add them. 

Either way, I'm done with UA FB until GG is not here and possibly until Benson is relieved. 

If this is true, there is only one explaination.  Maybe a few years ago, Gattuso walked into Benson's office without knocking and caught him in a compromising position with a woman who is not his wife, lol.  On the way back out, Gattuso told him you will keep extending me and my lips will be sealed.  😝😝😝

How else can it be explained?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

If this is true, there is only one explaination.  Maybe a few years ago, Gattuso walked into Benson's office without knocking and caught him in a compromising position with a woman who is not his wife, lol.  On the way back out, Gattuso told him you will keep extending me and my lips will be sealed.  😝😝😝

Incompetence and stupidity could also be at play. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Even my wife, who's only understanding of UA sports or GG is my ramblings about both, thinks this is ridiculous and that something along this line may be happening 😂

• Haha 1

Maybe Benson's skillset is limited to fundraising, and personnel management is outside of his capabilities. 

Come to think of it,  though,  his fundraising hasn't been too noticeable since leaving ODU.

I never have an idea what he is thinking.  Has he ever held a presser?  The last big announcement was at the football game a few years ago where he asked us to stay in our seats at halftime for a HUGE announcement... that turned out to be getting a new vendor for the uniforms. 

Holy hell.  😂🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, B9j2j6s said:

If he gets an extension and WB didn't I call BULL time for Benson to get lost.

1 hour ago, B9j2j6s said:

D96 What sources? 

Multiple.  Again, can’t confirm and have tried to, so until it’s confirmed I’m not buying it.  However, at least two sources are solid and one has reached out to many people with the news.  

look, I somewhat understand the move if it was done correctly.  And I say somewhat very tentatively.  There are reasons to extend him that make sense, program wise.   The key is the details: what would an extension look like, structurally.  As a lawyer and commercial negotiator, I know exactly how I would structure it to protect both parties.  

Let’s wait and see.  

Edited by Dane96

Let's wait to see if there is any truth to this...but if this is true. Benson has lost his mind and I don't care if he structured the new deal with no dollar buyout at termination. The fact that Benson is stupid enough to think that there is any redemption for Gattuso who is an abject failure is absolutely shocking and the only remedy is to fire Benson. Let's wait to see if true but I have a sinking feeling it is. 

If this is true I will pull all support for the University with the exception of supporting the men's program. I will not be back at football games until Benson and Gattuso are both fired. 

Gattuso is a proven loser, the fact that he hasn't been fired is flat out dereliction of duties. I hope this isn't true...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

D96 you have posted here for a long time so I have no doubt about your sources.  Just really surprised.  I will reserve judgment till the details.

Believe me, I’m beyond surprised and holding in my emotions.  I think most on the board know my real thoughts on this one if it turns out to be true.  

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

Maybe Benson googled G Gattuso and to see how he was doing and mistakenly came up with Gennaro Gattuso, an Italian soccer star and coach....who has a winning record...and recently had his contract extended....there has to be some plausible explanation if true. 

• Haha 3