UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

9 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

I have zero reason to pay attention to this program. What an utter joke. Rewarding below mediocrity on the field. What in the hell are we doing here? He just went 2-9 and had ONE good season, which was slightly above avg for a CAA program. Pure and utter garbage. 

Mark Benson is more interested in "keeping his word" than fixing a burned to the ground program. Now you know why so many programs have taken a step back under his leadership. I think we found a bigger loser than Greg Gattuso. Apparently his job as AD isn't to, you know, run a respectable program...it's to keep funneling money into the pocket of guy who shamelessly keeps taking it. Greg Gattuso apparently has zero professional pride and just here for a paycheck. How can you ever expect any winning from a guy who ALWAYS pins the blame on everyone around him but never takes any of it himself beyond a token "buck stops with me" while in the same breath hitting you with a but.....

He couldn't wait to fire Brown...absolutely could not wait. In light of what he just did by not pulling that contract extension, it's absolutely crystal clear that the situation with Brown was personal (regardless if it was a right move or not). 

I'm past the point of anger I think moving on to pure comedy. I can't wait for the disaster this is going to be. Again, Mark Benson actually thinks Gattuso's career here is redeemable. LOL...amazing.  

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Mark Benson is more interested in "keeping his word" than fixing a burned to the ground program. Now you know why so many programs have taken a step back under his leadership. I think we found a bigger loser than Greg Gattuso. Apparently his job as AD isn't to, you know, run a respectable program...it's to keep funneling money into the pocket of guy who shamelessly keeps taking it. Greg Gattuso apparently has zero professional pride and just here for a paycheck. How can you ever expect any winning from a guy who ALWAYS pins the blame on everyone around him but never takes any of it himself beyond a token "buck stops with me" while in the same breath hitting you with a but.....

He couldn't wait to fire Brown...absolutely could not wait. In light of what he just did by not pulling that contract extension, it's absolutely crystal clear that the situation with Brown was personal (regardless if it was a right move or not). 

I'm past the point of anger I think moving on to pure comedy. I can't wait for the disaster this is going to be. Again, Mark Benson actually thinks Gattuso's career here is redeemable. LOL...amazing.  

But according to GG' himself, he has ALMOST succeeded in doing his job. (Always cites the close LOSSES.)

Isn't that enough?

🤣😂🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

Hopefully years from now we will look back on this thread and all be proven wrong.  Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays everyone. 

I like your optimism sir. But it would be more applicable if weren't like 9 years into this, or whatever it is. 

If this was year 4 or something I'd give benefit of doubt but I think at this point we know what we've got...and it's not a whole lot. 

This is a really disappointing day in UA history. And I fully agree with Click. We fired an average MBB coach who HAS won a lot here only to renew a far below average coach which hasn't won JACK here. Makes no sense. These are clearly personal decisions and Benson is at the helm of them. 

Benson is stirring the ashes of what he already burned down and just making sure the rest is well cooked. 

What a shame. So much disappointment. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Every Albany football fan and player got coal in their stocking this year. Benson is an utter joke. Union College is a shorter drive for me ...and they actually have a good coach and a winning program.  

I was actually going to ask where I should go for good football. 

Syracuse?... at least the opponents will be good. 

Army?... great stadium but no personal connection. 

Boston College?... I have reservations for personal reasons. 

UConn? UMass? Dregs.

Maybe I'll stick to other things. 

31 minutes ago, haggyland said:

UConn? UMass? Dregs.

Double heck no for BC.  No one likes them...not even those here in Boston, unless you are an arrogant double or triple eagle (combo of BC High, BC undergrad, and BC Law). 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, haggyland said:

UConn? UMass? Dregs.

Nice that Benson gives Gattuso a break during a covid year but not other programs... If you're a drinking buddy with Benson you get what you want..as I've always said from **multiple** staff within the Athletic program have confided....if you don't play Benson's game of buddy buddy, break a few NCAA rules for sponsors...etc.. you don't get anywhere. Simple as that. Gattuso has always been a yes man to Benson... 👎

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

Nice that Benson gives Gattuso a break during a covid year but not other programs... If you're a drinking buddy with Benson you get what you want..as I've always said from as **multiple** staff within the Athletic program have confided....if you don't play Benson's game of buddy buddy, break a few NCAA rules for sponsors...etc.. you don't get anywhere. Simple as that. Gattuso has always been a yes man to Benson... 👎

Looks like you were right all along. Hours later and I'm still baffled, disappointed, disgusted, etc. 

This is such a slap to the face of us diehards. 

1 hour ago, MRSGDG said:

Nice that Benson gives Gattuso a break during a covid year but not other programs... If you're a drinking buddy with Benson you get what you want..as I've always said from **multiple** staff within the Athletic program have confided....if you don't play Benson's game of buddy buddy, break a few NCAA rules for sponsors...etc.. you don't get anywhere. Simple as that. Gattuso has always been a yes man to Benson... 👎

You mean like the road trip and access a certain car dealership owner may or may not have been on.  Focus, of course, on the former.   🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1