UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Get rid of Benson, we get rid of Gattuso. Does Benson report directly to President Rodriquez? I would LOVE to start or be involved in a class action suit to bring about Benson's dismissal. Not sure where and to whom to begin. Minimally, I will be contacting Justin Brown to let him know, I will NOT be renewing Football and will be ending my involvement with GDAC. I will continue to support other specific sports of choice and make UA Foundation donations specific to those sports only. Any suggestions on who else, I might approach would be appreciated.

I am probably being naive about bringing about Benson's departure. He is arrogant and plays favorites which on their own would not be considerations for dismissal; But His record of failures are.  Benson has alienated the fan base and brought mediocracy to pretty nearly the entire Athletic department. He may lay claim to increase financial donations during his tenure; but EVEN if true, how has it/he helped the student athlete's and the programs they participate in.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 2

Any email sent to the president probably doesn't make it to Havidan himself since it goes to a monitored/managed inbox (I never got a response in the past - not even a cursory thank you). BUT, a bunch of the AD folks (Vic Cegles, etc.) 100% read this forum so I'm sure they are VERY aware that the real diehards are pissed at what has transpired. Problem is, I believe they all report to Benson...so doubt emailing or contacting them will do anything other than them just being a shoulder to cry on, so to speak. Unfortunately, not like they can go to their boss and say, "You should fire yourself."

21 minutes ago, Eli said:

Any email sent to the president probably doesn't make it to Havidan himself since it goes to a monitored/managed inbox (I never got a response in the past - not even a cursory thank you). BUT, a bunch of the AD folks (Vic Cegles, etc.) 100% read this forum so I'm sure they are VERY aware that the real diehards are pissed at what has transpired. Problem is, I believe they all report to Benson...so doubt emailing or contacting them will do anything other than them just being a shoulder to cry on, so to speak. Unfortunately, not like they can go to their boss and say, "You should fire yourself."

Vik was brought in by Benson..and his dad is a prominent AD himself. 🤞 They are tight. You have to go to someone who was there pre-Benson.

Much of this (people going to the foundation, going to the president, etc) was already done at high levels for Brown when people found out what Benson was doing and nothing was done, and Benson was able to fire him for personal reasons. (Ties Brown had for being there so long with life UA staffers)

Benson is allowed by the President to run his own shop regardless of what other high ranking school officials try to explain is going on. So it just is what it is until the President is not happy with Benson and wants to influence that Department by his will as Pres, and no idea what it will take for that to occur. 

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Jammaster said:

I work at a university and can say that phone calls often get noticed more than emails. Might be worth calling the President's office after New Years to voice concern...and same for the Alumni Development Office.

Good advice.  I also suggest reading and re-reading your written material before sending it. While we are all tied to the program, make us fans (shortened from fanatic), sometimes what is written comes up way more manic and dramatic, which doesn't help the reader...especially a President of a university.  Facts win the day...and just putting facts, without pejoratives and hyperbole, can be the most effective way of bringing about change. 

• Like 2

I've stayed out of the football forum since the middle of this disaster of a season. I hate to give up my spot in the stadium because I absolutely love my seats, but you can count me as one of the people who will not renew his tickets, and will no longer advocate his company for any sponsorship dollars, at least on the football side. I'd rather sponsor LCC at this moment.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2021 at 8:12 PM, godanesgo99 said:

I've stayed out of the football forum since the middle of this disaster of a season. I hate to give up my spot in the stadium because I absolutely love my seats, but you can count me as one of the people who will not renew his tickets, and will no longer advocate his company for any sponsorship dollars, at least on the football side. I'd rather sponsor LCC at this moment.

A bridge to far....You should be blocked from here for like a minimum of 6 months. DP...what say you? :)

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

A bridge to far....You should be blocked from here for like a minimum of 6 months. DP...what say you? :)

LOL, I did follow up with a comment that said I would never actually do that. It was more making a point that I think I took too far. Emotions are hard to control sometimes!