UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game 14 @New Hampshire

Offensive strategy is fine...coach can't make wide open shots which they ARE GETTING. I'm unphased in my support for Killings so far, they are getting open shots and not hitting. Two significant pieces are out for the season and I will give him time to keep recruiting. Early returns appear to be good with Neely and Little even though the numbers aren't there yet...We know about Beagle. I'll see how they grow this season and who they bring in. No doubt they know they need shooting.

But it is funny, the same people who sat through losing season after losing season start to turn on a coach who's half a season into his first season.  I'm not one of those people...Killings will be fine. He will bring in more talent starting next season and then we'll see.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

Any updates on Drumgoole? Highly recruited and came from an ACC squad. Thought he would be a significant contributor this year. Last I heard he was going to be back around the start of conference play.  

No Cerruti or hutch really hurts as they are the two best outside shooters on the team and very good defensively. I feel like team would be 2-0 in conference with these two in the lineup

Edited by godanesgo99

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

Offensive strategy is fine...coach can't make wide open shots which they ARE GETTING. I'm unphased in my support for Killings so far, they are getting open shots and not hitting. Two significant pieces are out for the season and I will give him time to keep recruiting. Early returns appear to be good with Neely and Little even though the numbers aren't there yet...We know about Beagle. I'll see how they grow this season and who they bring in. No doubt they know they need shooting.

But it is funny, the same people who sat through losing season after losing season start to turn on a coach who's half a season into his first season.  I'm not one of those people...Killings will be fine. He will bring in more talent starting next season and then we'll see.

I agree. We are a bad team.  However,  I will continue to give Killings the year.  But that's all, with the transfer portal and not sitting out a year there are no more excuses. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I agree. We are a bad team.  However,  I will continue to give Killings the year.  But that's all, with the transfer portal and not sitting out a year there are no more excuses. 

I think the problem is more then a bad team....even the best coaches developed over time...hopefully Killings gets there sooner vs. later

7 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I think the problem is more then a bad team....even the best coaches developed over time...hopefully Killings gets there sooner vs. later

What is your issue with his coaching specifically...they came out of half time and played much better. Clearly he adjusted...schemes they run give them open shots that no one can make. What's the issue with Killings coaching?

35 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

They are definitely bad. The covid pause killed any momentum they may have had. Tough break, but UNH has an even longer pause I believe. The new transfer portal rules just makes it even more competitive all around so your logic there doesn’t make sense.

47 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I disagree strongly...I hope he continues to build core with kids like Neely and Beagle and only fills in holes and needs with transfers. I am not in agreement that he needs to go for quick fix and load up on transfers ..that's not how you build a winning culture. We had that for years with a never ending pile of useless jucos l, the vast majority did nothing here. All I care about right now is progress...if they are young but better next season than this and show growth I'm ok. This will take time...not a year. But they should continue to get better as he brings in his own kids and develops them.

Edited by Clickclack

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Don't gaslight me...you know me better than that and I know how I feel about the move. :)

As a former coach, there was ZERO coaching in the first half today worth a salt.  It's not even up for debate.  It's a young staff that needs to learn, and they made major adjustments in the second half...but the second half of the last game and the first half of this game were seriously poor coaching.  And I gave them credit for coming out and adjusting.  Coaching occurs before the games, before the season.  Right now it seems like these kids can't execute a game plan at times, something that shouldn't occur this far into the season.  Guys are lost on offense and stand around.  I am not kidding when I say they are running a truly basic offense, which is why I am troubled by what I see.  Is it guys who just can't comprehend, is it a product of start-stop-start of COVID, is it a product of cobbling together a team at the last minute, is it a product of coaching?  

I honestly don't know.  That said, I am highly bullish on Little, Neely, Beagle, Amica (not his recruit but doesn't matter), and Drumgoole.  And if Ketner works his tail off, I think he can be super sneaky solid.  So, I like what Killings has brought in...I just think it's a big difference being a head coach and an assistant coach.  I do believe Killings to be more than capable of becoming a solid x and o's guy.

Two things can be true: Killings being a good coach and just not doing a good job the last two games, consistently.  They are not mutually exclusive. 

That being said, I do believe the end of game play was set up well, the options just blew up and Champion did what he could. 

Edited by Dane96

31 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

They are definitely bad. The covid pause killed any momentum they may have had. Tough break, but UNH has an even longer pause I believe. The new transfer portal rules just makes it even more competitive all around so your logic there doesn’t make sense.

If it does not make sense to you then u may not follow the transfer rules.  Which is fine. I will explain it. 

With a ton of players in the transfer portal it is easier for a team to get better quickly. The same applies for not sitting out a year. In previous years you would need to sit out a year when u transfer. 

I understand when you say competitive however Killings being a "recuiter" I believe he will have an advantage in the portal. On other words the portal and transfer rules will benefit us more, in my opinion.  That's what I'm counting on. 

Edited by UA1882

35 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I disagree strongly...I hope he continues to build core with kids like Neely and Beagle and only fills in holes and needs with transfers. I am not in agreement that he needs to go for quick fix and load up on transfers ..that's not how you build a winning culture. We had that for years with a never ending pile of useless jucos l, the vast majority did nothing here. All I care about right now is progress...if they are young but better next season than this and show growth I'm ok. This will take time...not a year. But they should continue to get better as he brings in his own kids and develops them.

So I fully understand what you are saying but I think that MAY be the old school approach.  If he starts 3 freshman and 2 sophomores or something like that then I fully understand.  Brown tried that and It did not work out. 

It may be a pipe dream but I really think our coach is very charismatic and very well respected. Therefore I think he can really use the portal to get players that Brown could never land. I'm not saying I want all transfer players but I do believe this is the new normal and believe Killings could excel at it. (I really do). When I say tranfer players I'm not talking juco players.  I'm talking about players from a higher conference transfering down with multiple years left. 

We could have as many as 6 scholarships or so (Champion, Cerruti, Perry , Newman, Doles, and Horton). I believe Horton and Doles could return again. (Covid Year) . 6 freshman is too many. Get 3 or so impact guys from the portal.  Again maybe too high of expectation but I believe Killings himself has high expectations and would agree. 

His connections may be able to land us something special.  He labeled himself as a recruiter. I hope he can become 1 for us. And I believe the portal could really help and accelerate the process. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

It is does not make sense to you then u may not follow the transfer rules.  Which is fine. I will explain it. 

With a ton of players in the transfer portal it is easier for a team to get better quickly. The same applies for not sitting out a year. In previous years you would need to sit out a year when u transfer. 

I understand when you say competitive however Killings being a "recuiter" I believe he will have an advantage in the portal. On other words the portal and transfer rules will benefit us more, in my opinion.  That's what I'm counting on. 

I know the rule and I disagree with your logic in why they should automatically be winning because of it. I agree DK was tabbed as an excellent recruiter, but you are putting way too much focus on transfers. No dominant transfer from a P5 is coming to play at Albany because of DK and guys that ride the bench coming from a P5 are most likely going to disappoint you. Any impact transfers at the mid major level are going to transfer up. The four year guys are the ones that you hope he can steal and he’s showed it with Beagle.

• Like 1