UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 - 2023 MBB Schedule

3 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Still THINK the suspension was BS in the first place. IMHO do not believe DK "assaulted" a player or accidentally knocked him down in a circle jerk {I mean warm-up😉.} Then the whole incident or non-incident [pick one] get's washed under the rug for ½+ a season and then gets resurrected after the kid's parents find out DK "supposedly" rescinds a scholarship offer {again very UN-DK like.} The whole thing smelled then and now like "BS". I"m sure we will never know or get the full story; but IMHO I have no issue with DK picking his own "penalty"; especially since in my assessment he was INNOCENT of any wrong doings. As for DK's boss--Don't get me started 🤮.

I simply want say you are wrong about this.  Dwayne Killings apologized for his error in judgement and accepted the penalties involved.  The issue is not so much what happen in the circle; the issue is what happen between the incident, the player's parents showing up in the UAlbany president's office, which led to the player learning his grievance was not being handle and he was instructed how to file the grievance.  This young man was surrounded by a coach and assistants who did not want the truth to see the light of day.  Who do you think would win with these odds?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Old Timers help me out. Recall playing a game @ UMass a number of years ago. Might have been before we were DI??

Recall we put a scare into them. Maybe I dreamt the whole thing, after 50+ years of watching UA sports, a lot of games to remember/recall/dreamed??

Anyone remember this game??

Yes, GDAC actually had a bus to this game. Our big man Janis Pipikis (Free Janis!) got injured the night before or that morning. Not exactly a scare, but annoyingly close for a long while.

Could've sworn we played Union recently too, or maybe that was an exhibition? When five subs came in I said they were putting in the Dean's List players. Wouldn't have said that about Oneonta or Potsdam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Yes, GDAC actually had a bus to this game. Our big man Janis Pipikis (Free Janis!) got injured the night before or that morning. Not exactly a scare, but annoyingly close for a long while.

Could've sworn we played Union recently too, or maybe that was an exhibition? When five subs came in I said they were putting in the Dean's List players. Wouldn't have said that about Oneonta or Potsdam.

Here’s more than you ever wanted to know about that game. 

https://umasshoops.com/games/2003-04/1228albany/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

UAlbany WBB played Union WBB last December .... no recollection playing Union MBB

OK, I've been MIA for most of the summer/fall on this board.  I knew about the renovations but just read through the thread and reviewed the schedule on our site.  FAU coming up the play us at "home" is nice. Anyone know is AmEast games will be on ESPN+?  I see some FloSports games which sucks. 

Edited by DanesRGood

14 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

OK, I've been MIA for most of the summer/fall on this board.  I knew about the renovations but just read through the thread and reviewed the schedule on our site.  FAU coming up the play us at "home" is nice. Anyone know is AmEast games will be on ESPN+?  I see some FloSports games which sucks. 

The game at Towson is associated with a CAA school, perhaps the Sunshine Tournament is using FloSports as broadcast partner.

14 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Anyone know is AmEast games will be on ESPN+? 

Pretty sure AmEast games will be ESPN+,3 or U. OOC games on network of home team or "host" league if a tournament. I do not follow soccer but did watch Volleyball and occasionally field hockey this fall. AmEast games where on the AE tv network when no announcers provided. When play by play audio provided games were picked up by ESPN also [for instance volleyball @ New Hampshire was on espn+ and @ Bryant was on espn3.] Home matches were on AETv only as UA does not provide announcer/audio for volleyball.  Do not know anything official; but this was consistent with previous years. So pretty sure AE basketball which always has announcers/audio will once again be on some ESPN site each game. 

If anyone knows or heard definitively please reply. THANKS.

ps. Have no idea if UA/Siena "neutral site" game will be streamed????

Edited by dslyank

3 minutes ago, tnehurley said:

Free men’s exhibition game vs Skidmore (Division III) today at HVCC 3 p.m. I wonder who will serve as “acting” head coach while DK is serving his 5 game suspension? We get to check out the facility seating for this season.

Assistant coach Bobby Jordan ....  while at HVCC Gym ... check out the Luxury Box seating