UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 - 2023 MBB Schedule

12 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Email today re Albany Cup ticket sales (next week for season ticket holders, Oct. 6 to the public)

Just curious what the sentiment is on this blog about continuing to boycott the Albany Cup? Is the 3 year contract one game @ lcc, one @ UA, and one @ "NEUTRAL" site; enough to start supporting the Cup again, especially since is the neutral site really neutral???????

Not advocating anything either way; everyone has to do their own thing without bias. Just curious opinions & thoughts of anyone who care to reply??

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, dslyank said:

Just curious what the sentiment is on this blog about continuing to boycott the Albany Cup? Is the 3 year contract one game @ lcc, one @ UA, and one @ "NEUTRAL" site; enough to start supporting the Cup again, especially since is the neutral site really neutral???????

Not advocating anything either way; everyone has to do their own thing without bias. Just curious opinions & thoughts of anyone who care to reply??

I think that was always the compromise many levelheaded people provided until it gets to a true home and home state. Once our arena is brand spanking new, many people will want to go there, so IMO there will be no need for a neutral site game anymore. The excuse of now being able to accommodate 10k people is hogwash because UNC/Duke also have a large capacity disparity and that doesn't stop them from the rivalry games.

30 minutes ago, Eli said:

I think that was always the compromise many levelheaded people provided until it gets to a true home and home state. Once our arena is brand spanking new, many people will want to go there, so IMO there will be no need for a neutral site game anymore. The excuse of now being able to accommodate 10k people is hogwash because UNC/Duke also have a large capacity disparity and that doesn't stop them from the rivalry games.

UNC and Duke are in the same conference, so the situation isn't quite comparable. But the 'aints and Vermont played home-and-home.

Edited by UAalum72
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eli said:

UAlbany is refurbishing the interior and replacing the current seating at the arena, which I believe will be a great draw for the first men's home game.  The product on the floor is what will keep people coming during the balance of next season.  The three year deal with Siena is just testing the waters for now.  I do not believe there would be any love loss if the men's game was not played for a few years after this deal runs out.  The older Siena fans loath the fact that their team will play at our refurbished arena next next season.

3 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

UNC and Duke are in the same conference, so the situation isn't quite comparable. But the 'aints and Vermont played home-and-home.

Yes, I know, I'm just using the disparity in arena size as an analogy. I should have used the words 'would be rivalry games'. Siena fans crying about going to SEFCU is akin to UNC fans crying about going to Duke...IF they aren't in the same conference. I couldn't think of any others, but your example of Siena and Vermont is better overall so lets use that.

Edited by Eli

5 hours ago, cwdickens said:

UAlbany is refurbishing the interior and replacing the current seating at the arena, which I believe will be a great draw for the first men's home game.  The product on the floor is what will keep people coming during the balance of next season.  The three year deal with Siena is just testing the waters for now.  I do not believe there would be any love loss if the men's game was not played for a few years after this deal runs out.  The older Siena fans loath the fact that their team will play at our refurbished arena next next season.

Can't think of anything in the sports world less relevant than LCC fans opinion.

As far as going to the game, I am fine with waiting until that team visits Albany before I see them. I will be at the football game at noon that day and have the choice of several other games that evening where none of the money would go to LCC. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 10:06 AM, dslyank said:

I’ve been on the board a long time and I know there are opinions all along the line on this game.

For me and my family (uncle is a ***** grad), it’s always been a wkd where we come together and enjoy it. I drive in from Pittsburgh for it with my family.

I think both schools should embrace it, celebrate it, and we’ll it to the community.

the atmosphere at most of the games has been great.

im glad it’s back.

just my two cents.

On 10/1/2022 at 7:49 AM, UA1882 said:

Anyone receive their second email about ordering advanced siena game tickets yet?  The previous email said the next day.  That was a couple of days ago. 

I did not.  I've reached out via email this morning.  

1 hour ago, McFan said:

I did not.  I've reached out via email this morning.  

Did NOT receive my second email with pass code to buy.  Not reaching out to anyone:  think $40 outrageous, and corner or end seats @ MVP not worth it at any price [view is horrible.] Been to the knick/pepsi/tu/mvp for pretty much every type of sporting event and other entertainment; and IMHO who ever designed that place should be hung from the rafters.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dslyank said:

Did NOT receive my second email with pass code to buy.  Not reaching out to anyone:  think $40 outrageous, and corner or end seats @ MVP not worth it at any price [view is horrible.] Been to the knick/pepsi/tu/mvp for pretty much every type of sporting event and other entertainment; and IMHO who ever designed that place should be hung from the rafters.

The pricing is a reminder how much the AD's from both schools want to take the fans to the cleaners.... home, away or neutral courts

• Like 1

7 hours ago, danes05 said:

I was able to get tickets this morning.  Did the UA presale happen? Or did they somehow screw it up? Doesn’t look like much of anything from the UA side has been sold yet.

I got an email earlier. Was more concerned with Mets tickets that I didn't look until now. Didn't buy any.