UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 - 2023 MBB Schedule

On 9/19/2022 at 1:03 PM, cwdickens said:

I was provided an explanation concerning why the UAlbany Home Game against Vermont originally planned for the Cool Insuring Arena was moved to HVCC.  The reason is a NCAA rule for this to be a home game, UAlbany would have to play 33% of their home games at Cool Insuring Arena. 

I will need to find another reason to visit Raul's Mexican Restaurant. 

Not sure what the significance of calling this a home game as opposed to calling it a neutral game. Albany played a conference game at Boston University at Madison square garden a while ago. I don't remember who was considered the home team. Also in recent years the big 10 has been playing a basketball/ hockey double header in msg. I think Rutgers is one of the teams this year. I also don't know if it is just considered neutral as well 

1 hour ago, bob87 said:

Not sure what the significance of calling this a home game as opposed to calling it a neutral game. Albany played a conference game at Boston University at Madison square garden a while ago. I don't remember who was considered the home team. Also in recent years the big 10 has been playing a basketball/ hockey double header in msg. I think Rutgers is one of the teams this year. I also don't know if it is just considered neutral as well 

How can you call a neutral site when the conference considers it your home game... perhaps a new or newer rule

Not sure what the relevance of calling it neutral or home. Perhaps to the NCAA ratings calculation. Just saying there are other examples of conference games moved in NCAA basketball. See Rutgers vs Michigan state at Madison square garden February 2023. 

Edited by bob87
  • Confused 1

C1291_Email%20Header.jpg
C1291_crop(1).jpg

Dear Great Dane Basketball Fans, 
The 2022-23 season will be unlike any other. This is an exciting time at UAlbany Athletics as we are currently undergoing renovations to SEFCU, a Division of Broadview Arena and the Physical Education Building. While we eagerly await what’s to come, this means that both of our basketball programs must play off campus. We are grateful that Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) has opened its doors and are appreciative to call Edward F. McDonough Sports Complex “home” for this season.

A couple of important pieces of information regarding this season:

• Season tickets are available 
  • All seating will be general admission, with the exception of floor seat season tickets
  • Parking for the season will be complimentary

Men's basketball will play eleven regular season home games at HVCC, including eight America East Conference games and non-conference matchups against Union, Florida Atlantic, and LIU-Brooklyn.

Women's basketball will play ten regular season games, including eight America East Conference games and non-conference games against Merrimack and Cornell, at HVCC. Due to scheduling conflicts, the team's Nov. 19 matchup against Colgate will be played at the Daniel P. Nolan Gymnasium in the Events Athletic Center (EAC) on the campus of Saint Rose. Fans should expect more information on this game in the coming weeks.

Season tickets for men's basketball are listed at $100 for all locations. Season tickets for women's basketball are listed at $50 for bleacher seats and $75 for courtside seats.

To purchase your season tickets, just log in to your online Ticket Return account and select 2022-23 men's or women's basketball. Renewals can be processed online, and game tickets will be delivered to your mobile device or, if you choose, emailed. To start your season ticket renewal, click here.

Thank you for the continued support of UAlbany Athletics, we appreciate your loyalty during these exciting and unusual times. Go Great Danes!

Reminder, UAlbany has transitioned to mobile ticketing. Please click here to view mobile ticketing benefits and step-by-step instructions of how to access/manage your season tickets. All mobile ticketing and season ticket renewal questions can be directed to the UAlbany Athletic Ticket Office by emailing us at GreatDaneTickets@albany.edu or by phone at (518) 442-DANE.

C1291_Email%20Footer.jpg

All of the men’s courtside tickets are sold out, but there are still some available for the women’s games.

Don't want to receive these emails? Unsubscribe
  • Like 1

Glad they confirmed and went with HVCC. It was a no brainer. Plenty of parking, decent size, etc.

Renewed although I won't be at any games to my knowledge. Will be flying up for opening night of the SEFCU remodel though, pretty certain!

37 minutes ago, Eli said:

Glad they confirmed and went with HVCC. It was a no brainer. Plenty of parking, decent size, etc.

Renewed although I won't be at any games to my knowledge. Will be flying up for opening night of the SEFCU remodel though, pretty certain!

More importantly, I am glad HVCC was so accommodating.  With few choices that made financially sense, if HVCC was unable to accommodate, UAlbany would be between a rock and a hard place.  I am hoping for good weather on game nights.

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

More importantly, I am glad HVCC was so accommodating.  With few choices that made financially sense, if HVCC was unable to accommodate, UAlbany would be between a rock and a hard place.  I am hoping for good weather on game nights.

Just avoid the hill on bad weather nights and come in via 90. 

Email today re Albany Cup ticket sales (next week for season ticket holders, Oct. 6 to the public)

C1291_Email%20Banner.jpg

Great Dane Fans,
The Albany Cup is back! As a UAlbany Men's Basketball Season Ticket Holder, it's time to secure your tickets for the Capital Region's most anticipated game of the year. The University at Albany and Siena College men's basketball programs will reignite the crosstown rivalry on Saturday, November 12 at 7:30 PM. This year's contest will be played at MVP Arena as a neutral site. Both UAlbany and Siena fans have equal opportunity for the best seats in the house.

Neither school is including this game in their season ticket packages. As a UAlbany Season Ticket Holder, you will have an exclusive opportunity to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the general public. Here's how it's going to work.

You will receive an email tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 29) with your purchase window for the UAlbany Season Ticket Holder Pre-Sale. This purchase window is a date and time next week when you will be able to purchase tickets (6 maximum/season ticket account). Your window is determined by your annual contribution to the Great Dane Athletic Club - see below for details.
Between 6 pm-8 pm the night prior to your purchase window slot, you will receive a purchase code. You will use this code to purchase your tickets during your window.
Your purchase code will become active at 10am on the day of your purchase window. The code will remain active until the public on-sale.
Both schools have a large allocation of tickets - plenty to meet the demands of their season ticket holders.
Tickets will range from $15-$40. Please refer to the MVP Center map and price grid to further illustrate the UAlbany sections and prices.
The public on-sale begins, Friday, October 7 at 10 am.
ALL sales will be directed to the MVP Arena box office or ticketmaster.com
For questions, please contact the UAlbany Ticket Office at (518) 442-DANE (3263) or email us at GreatDaneTickets@albany.edu.

C1291_albany%20cup%20prices.jpg

22 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

IS HVCC equipped for the ESPN broadcasts? 

Excellent question?

HVCC has an excellent IT program; but it is housed in Malta I believe. As far as handling the tech & hook-ups, I am sure it would not be a problem. As far as having the equipment {& I have no idea what that is??}; it would seem to me UA could/would, bring what's in SEFCU. Guess it must be just laying around somewhere during construction??