UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #23: 1/28/23 - 7PM vs Maine

Eli

UAlbany played well for the first ten minutes however it is a 40 minute game.  Maine switched to a zone defense to control Beagle, seemed to get a three when they needed it.  Yes, Maine was a great free throw shooting team tonight.  UVM at home next weekend  ... likely not very pretty

1 hour ago, nysteve661 said:

Unreal Drumgoole.  Bonehead defensive play, switches without anyone to switch with for an easy layup for Maine to go up by 4 with 30 sec to go. 

Perhaps, the worse defensive move ever by an UAlbany basketball player, at least in the 53 years I have watched UAlbany basketball.

Lol, thought I was the only one watching the game tonight.  Only flipped it on with 2 minutes left while out at a bar.  Then to see a complete brainfart by Drumgoole on Defense 101 typifies the lack of x's and o's and basketball IQ this team possesses.  I am yelling at my phone as to where the hell he was going leaving the guard to coast in for a layup.  Eight games left, doesn't look like a 9th will be necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Lol, thought I was the only one watching the game tonight.  Only flipped it on with 2 minutes left while out at a bar.  Then to see a complete brainfart by Drumgoole on Defense 101 typifies the lack of x's and o's and basketball IQ this team possesses.  I am yelling at my phone as to where the hell he was going leaving the guard to coast in for a layup.  Eight games left, doesn't look like a 9th will be necessary.

Lose 6 of the 8 looks like it cliches last no matter what other teams do

I watched the whole flipping thing. The only positive point was Beagle and some really crisp feeds under the hoop…at times. That maneuver by Drumgoole was inexcusable. Forget X’s and O’s, this program should be sending out an 🆘 because they’ve hit an 🧊 berg and need a 🛟. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jimbo said:

I watched the whole flipping thing. The only positive point was Beagle and some really crisp feeds under the hoop…at times. That maneuver by Drumgoole was inexcusable. Forget X’s and O’s, this program should be sending out an 🆘 because they’ve hit an 🧊 berg and need a 🛟. 

Yes, Jonathan had a decent first half, however when Maine started double teaming Beagle, he was less effective and frustrated on the offensive end.  Maine players, knew when to back off the double team, in order to defend against an easy shot and to rebound.  Their team was not more physical then ours, however, their basketball IQ was much better.

Not to pick on Drumgoole but he basically gave up 6 points in the last 3 ½ minutes. Two costly TO’s & the defensive brain freeze. In his defense he averages over 39 minutes per game. Got to be GASED; there just is NOT enough talent on this team to rest people properly. 

Edited by dslyank