UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

What are the remaining positions of priority?

The interior D Line and an experienced QB might be priorities.  The only returning interior defensive lineman that played a lot is Neco Eberhart.  Boyer and Chehade also played but not a lot.  There have been 3 or 4 edge rushers committed but only one interior d lineman.  For QB, we don’t have any experienced returning QB’s.  The only QB that has any college playing time is Burkett and that was minimal at Wisconsin.  So assuming he’s going to start, might be good to have an experienced backup.  Weber, Lynch and Rae might be good players but we don’t know.

Remember that Poff had no college experience at all before coming to UA. I like the set up and the likely competition for a starting slot.  Let the games begin. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reeder said:

The interior D Line and an experienced QB might be priorities.  The only returning interior defensive lineman that played a lot is Neco Eberhart.  Boyer and Chehade also played but not a lot.  There have been 3 or 4 edge rushers committed but only one interior d lineman.  For QB, we don’t have any experienced returning QB’s.  The only QB that has any college playing time is Burkett and that was minimal at Wisconsin.  So assuming he’s going to start, might be good to have an experienced backup.  Weber, Lynch and Rae might be good players but we don’t know.

There is film of them to look at...might help a little

5 hours ago, MRuler 79 said:

Did the DB, cant remember his name that got hurt early in the year get another year of eligibility? Maybe his name was Winston. I remember him being an outstanding DB. I know they have Amir Hall back but was curious of the other player.

Yes, DaeSean Winston FS. He had surgery on a broken forearm - told me he got another year from the NCAA and was going to play......Plus there are several DB's who got substantial time last year as underclassmen.

Edited by HOF2013

7 hours ago, reeder said:

This year our DEs played interior many times.  I would think they will be in there some, Ronnell McCorn had time on the inside as well - he is a little small 6'0" 230 but quick.   Burkett will start I think; Weber and Lynch are very good.  PLUS there were several underclassmen who played frequently.

Troy Berschwinger from Guilderland did get some time at interior LB and we have a couple of good ones coming in.

Also Dasean Dixon committed and signed, Div II  , 6' 2" 280 who is an interior Def. Lineman. GREAT success. I posted a video of him earlier

Edited by HOF2013

For the O Line, I think the top 7 players have remaining eligibility.  Houseman, Marotta, Hutchinson, Dugery, Foster, Latulippe and Mosier.  Houseman, Marotta and Hutchinson were seniors but should have eligibility if they want.  There’s also the transfer from Tiffin so this should be a deep group (if everyone comes back).

Thoughts?

Edited by reeder

3 hours ago, reeder said:

For the O Line, I think the top 7 players have remaining eligibility.  Houseman, Marotta, Hutchinson, Dugery, Foster, Latulippe and Mosier.  Houseman, Marotta and Hutchinson were seniors but should have eligibility if they want.  There’s also the transfer from Tiffin so this should be a deep group (if everyone comes back).

Thoughts?

All coming back I believe.  Not all seniors by the way Latilippe and Dugery were both freshman and there were several other underclassmen who did play.

Edited by HOF2013

Myles Bell @mylesbell00 6’0 183 Defensive Back, i yr left, Marshall Transfer,  Fort Lauderdale, Fl,   @albany

GD_Xq1zWIAAqhok?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

This staff, from what I have seen and heard, is really good at management.  That's a boost for the era of portaling.  And one thing that has ALWAYS been Gattuso's strength has been that his players really like him and he is really good at evaluating kids who turn into gems.  Now, it's at the forefront in the portaling era.  Let's see if he an keep it up!!

These all look like great signings.  

18 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

All coming back I believe.  Not all seniors by the way Latilippe and Dugery were both freshman and there were several other underclassmen who did play.

Would be interesting to see what happens with Houseman and Dugery.  I saw Houseman tweeted that coach wanted him back and he wanted to be back. I think he played tackle as well...so wonder if he moves to tackle and sean stays at center.  Houseman has better size for tackle or guard.  

36 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Would be interesting to see what happens with Houseman and Dugery.  I saw Houseman tweeted that coach wanted him back and he wanted to be back. I think he played tackle as well...so wonder if he moves to tackle and sean stays at center.  Houseman has better size for tackle or guard.  

Told me he's coming back.  I would think he'll be at right guard or right tackle. Totally a guess

• Like 1

We’d be better for it.   Line would be impressive.  

in other news, Sulka or holy cross just committed to UNLV.   They wanted Reese before he went to the U.  One less school if Reese is having second thoughts.