UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #13: 12/2/23 - 12PM vs Richmond (FCS Playoffs Second Round)

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

If Richmond wins today, the Spiders will come into Casey Stadium with a chip on their shoulder and attitude.  At 7-1 in conference, Richmond will want to demonstrate to the Selection Committe that not giving them a bye was the wrong choice.

Good!!!! Let ‘em come in with a chip on their shoulder! Which will make the beat down all the more sweet! Frankly I prefer to play Richmond. The same Richmond that struggled with Wm & Mary

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

tough break for NC Central losing their QB, who is very good and a couple other starters to injury.  They had a rough go after that and Richmond dominated the second half.  They are gonna be tough!

If we play our game (no turnovers or stupid penalties) I think we win comfortably. We dominated Wm & Mary and they should have tied or beaten Richmond. Richmond thinks that they are good and that’s what makes them a tough game. Punch them in the mouth on both sides of the ball and they will come down to earth fast!They need to worry about US!!!

Edited by MRuler 79
  • Like 2

• Eli changed the title to Game #13: 12/2/23 - 12PM vs Richmond (FCS Playoffs Second Round)
1 hour ago, MRuler 79 said:

If we play our game (no turnovers or stupid penalties) I think we win comfortably. We dominated Wm & Mary and they should have tied or beaten Richmond. Richmond thinks that they are good and that’s what makes them a tough game. Punch them in the mouth on both sides of the ball and they will come down to earth fast!They need to worry about US!!!

Agree. Our kids want to play them.......................

The UR- NCCU score was 49-27.  There were 2 fluke plays that cost the Spiders.  One was a 60 yard run, where the UR player fumbled on the 4 yard line of NCCU.   NCCU ultimately scored a TD. The second was a bone headed call for a fake punt by Richmond on its 20 yard line. Central scored in 4 plays. 

Edited by Stonewall D

Delaware leaving the CAA. Would have to think the other CAA football only schools are weighing options. Some combination of UA, UNH, Bryant, URI, Maine, Villanova and maybe a couple others make sense. Whatever gets them off of god forsaken FloSports

edit: spitballing but maybe Monmouth and Stony Brook wind up in the America East. I’m sure they’re not happy either 

Edited by ctdanes
  • Like 1

Massey ratings picks us by 27-21, 66%

Sagarin's varying methods favor us by single-digit amounts                 
                                                                             Rating Favorite       _
                                                                               MONEY=odds to 100     _
    FAVORITE              Rating  Predict Golden  Recent   UNDERDOG             ODDS  PCT%    TOTAL  _
======================================================================================================
    ALBANY-NY               5.55    9.18    7.69    2.79   richmond              185   65%    45.11

however for true math geeks his spread is larger (I think, I couldn't even understand the Wikipedia article on eigenvectors)

EIGENVECTOR Analysis            eigen MONEY=odds to 100  EPCT%=confidence
          EFAVORITE           ESPREAD EODDS EPCT%    EUNDERDOG
       @ Albany-NY             12.06   357   78%    Richmond
  • Like 1