UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #14: 12/9/23 - 10PM EST at #4 Idaho (FCS Playoffs Quarterfinals)

11 hours ago, MRuler 79 said:

Not impressed by either team. I thought we were going to get another home game. Idaho plays in what looks to be a very large barn. I expect to win.

agree 100%

2 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Reading any level of confidence, nay, cockiness on this board about the football team is nothing short of feeling like you live in bizarro world.  What next? Congratulating Benson for his patience in letting things develop?

I think this iteration of Albany football has earned that. But hell no on Benson. Not until Gattuso can do this for 3 years in a row. Then and ONLY then will I take back most everything I've said. Until then, he's just had 2 great years out of 10. His record is still only 45% (49-60) even with this impressive 10-3 season (so far)?

But based on the game last night, Idaho definitely better study.

9 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Massey matchup tool predicts Idaho by 5 (37%)

Sagarin ratings favor Idaho by 7 to 9 points (29%) but his EIGENVECTOR analysis favors Albany by 6 (66%)

I think everyone here is a little overconfident.  Not saying you shouldn't be or bashing for it but Idaho is very good, their fans are gonna show up and I'm sure be loud and it's not easy to win playoff games on the road. I'm confident our team will play well and it will be a close game. I'm calling it a tossup. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

I think everyone here is a little overconfident.  Not saying you shouldn't be or bashing for it but Idaho is very good, their fans are gonna show up and I'm sure be loud and it's not easy to win playoff games on the road. I'm confident our team will play well and it will be a close game. I'm calling it a tossup. 

Agree. Heavily agree.  Idaho can win the title.  SIU was no slouch.  

As I said, after watching their game on Sat night, this definitely feels winnable, but at the same time, I don't think any of us expect a win. There are no delusions of grandeur among our fanbase. In fact, we typically have NY Mets Syndrome. Always expecting the worst and being surprised when something good happens.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

As I said, after watching their game on Sat night, this definitely feels winnable, but at the same time, I don't think any of us expect a win. There are no delusions of grandeur among our fanbase. In fact, we typically have NY Mets Syndrome. Always expecting the worst and being surprised when something good happens.

Precisely...we've had two good years in a decade. At this point it's all gravy. Not sure how many of us have seen a lot of Idaho, yeah, that game Saturday was rough. I doubt they are that ass. 

5 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Not sure anyone is confident in the win, just kind of humorous reading their board, like we have never played a team like this. Two FBS teams, rolled Richmond and 'Nova two playoff teams and one in the quarters but we should be what...scared? There should be a healthy respect but we are not a slouch....no one in the quarters is. As always, I hope for the best, prepare for the worst. 

Idaho deserves our respect, not our fear...they would be wise to approach their game the same way. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 3

Albany… they don‘t get out much.

They are 7-0 at home and 3-3 on the road.

All time, they are 0–8 when playing outside of the eastern time zone. That’s kind of amazing. They will be traveling to the Pacific time zone for a 7 PM start.

Also, look at their schedule. They haven’t really played anyone. I’m confident we would beat New Hampshire, we’d probably beat Hawaii and I don’t know much about Marshall, but they don’t look that great either.

Albany may be a good team, but they haven’t faced a pass defense like ours yet. We’ll get 2-3 interceptions at least.

Heavent read their board since yesterday but this is the type of mouth-breather analysis you get over there. Dude completely missed Nova, yes, I'm sure 'Nova who is also in the quarter finals is trash. I don't know why we are even going there...should just forfeit game. Maybe they just drink out there when it's not potato planting season. 

27 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Not sure anyone is confident in the win, just kind of humorous reading their board, like we have never played a team like this. Two FBS teams, rolled Richmond and 'Nova two playoff teams and one in the quarters but we should be what...scared? There should be a healthy respect but we are not a slouch....no one in the quarters is. As always, I hope for the best, prepare for the worst. 

Idaho deserves our respect, not our fear...they would be wise to approach their game the same way. 

Sorry about the double post. Not sure what happened.

Perfectly stated Click! I agree 100%. I read their board and they think they are from the SEC and we are D3. One poster/moron/idiot actually called teams from the CAA "cream puff's." Delaware and UNH have been traditional East Coast powers for years. Its laughable. I get it Montana and Montana State are always a powerhouse. Fact is, before the horrible news about the murders I had never heard U Idaho.

Edited by MRuler 79
  • Like 1