Photo

MBB@Maine: 2/19 at 2:00

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:06 AM

With the 3rd seed now UA's to lose, it's time for the long drive to Maine and an Arena that always gives the team trouble.

At least this game won't be at noon on a weekday. Maybe there will be more than 50 fans in attendance. I thought the school had agreed to have the team fly for this trip?

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#2 ZLK

ZLK

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

With the 3rd seed now UA's to lose, it's time for the long drive to Maine and an Arena that always gives the team trouble.

At least this game won't be at noon on a weekday. Maybe there will be more than 50 fans in attendance. I thought the school had agreed to have the team fly for this trip?

From the way I understand it there's no commercial flight, so it'd have to be a charter

#3 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

From the way I understand it there's no commercial flight, so it'd have to be a charter

Like it doesn't exist? For anyone? Ever?

Who the heck puts (from the sound of it) a major state university center in such a place???

GO DANES!!!

#4 MRSGDG

MRSGDG

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:51 PM

Who the heck puts (from the sound of it) a major state university center in such a place???

We have done the trip to see the Maine/UA away game a couple of times. It's a long drive but doable. Just sucks when you get stuck in a snow storm and for that area can happen often. 

#5 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

Who puts a state up there...that's the better question. I heard...not sure if this is true...Maine isn't the edge of the world but you can see the edge from there. 

#6 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

Who puts a state up there...that's the better question. I heard...not sure if this is true...Maine isn't the edge of the world but you can see the edge from there. 

lol. But no commercial flights? Come on. Are they still driving Model T's too? :P

Edited by Eli, 16 February 2017 - 05:36 PM.

GO DANES!!!

#7 GDBD

GDBD

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

According to Google ...    American, United, Jet Blue, & Southwest all fly Albany (ALB) to Portland (PWM)... seats run from ~ $4400 - $ 600 each   ;-) 

#8 BestDaneSinceHamlet

BestDaneSinceHamlet

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 878 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

it still another 2 hours from portland to orono/bangor after the plane lands.   

#9 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

According to Google ...    American, United, Jet Blue, & Southwest all fly Albany (ALB) to Portland (PWM)... seats run from ~ $4400 - $ 600 each   ;-)

But Portland is a good 2+ hours from Bangor/Orono

#10 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

Yeah
Not sure why you would fly to portland. It usually takes me 6 to 7 hours to drive to u maine. Portland is about 280 miles about 4 hours to a little more. Take in account ride to albany airport , go thru security , get on a bus in portland you save hardly any time

#11 UAFAN

UAFAN

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:47 AM

Campbell Making Big Strides for UAlbany

#12 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

Campbell and Nichols have played together before UA?

#13 BhillGuy

BhillGuy

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:33 AM

Prep school

#14 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

Prep school

Gotcha. Thanks.

#15 uofalbany

uofalbany

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:51 AM

Yeah
Not sure why you would fly to portland. It usually takes me 6 to 7 hours to drive to u maine. Portland is about 280 miles about 4 hours to a little more. Take in account ride to albany airport , go thru security , get on a bus in portland you save hardly any time

I'd rather do the road trip than going through that mess.

UA Class of '93

599489_235629683226336_1094172808_n+(2).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users