UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Transfer season thread

As we had to off-season. Will be interesting who stays. 

Beagle is obviously gone, Thomas and Marshall probably better than 50% chance both leave. Hope both stay.

Amica should be gone as well as he's graduating although I know he said he hopes to come back. Need the scholarship for someone that can play d1 basketball.

Giralt scholarship will also be freed up. 

Will be interesting.

Edited by Clickclack

19 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

God I hope so . But no shot. I would imagine Hampton wont pay almost 400k a year and Killings has 2 years left.  

Plus why would they hire a guy winning less than 40 percent of his games.  

My argument about Killings has been coaching and/or his ability to coach during games.  a new day, I am now thinking, perhaps, it is his game coaching style, lay-back and playing it on the download.  Yes, there are moments during Killings gets excited and slaps his hands, vocalizes approval.  Things go south, he becomes quite the opposite, like a deer in the headlights.

Perhaps, Hampton would like this style of coaching.

I strongly believe Killings is looking for his next opportunity and a reset of his coaching career.

6 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

My argument about Killings has been coaching and/or his ability to coach during games.  a new day, I am now thinking, perhaps, it is his game coaching style, lay-back and playing it on the download.  Yes, there are moments during Killings gets excited and slaps his hands, vocalizes approval.  Things go south, he becomes quite the opposite, like a deer in the headlights.

Perhaps, Hampton would like this style of coaching.

I strongly believe Killings is looking for his next opportunity and a reset of his coaching career.

I'm with 82, without knowing what Hampton pays, I don't know if he walks away from 800k. Although that may be more palatable if he got 250-300k for 5 year type contract. Let's face it, we are watching the slow death of a career here. If he doesn't turn it around here in the remaining two years he'll probably never be a HC again in D1 hoops. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Use the duck duck go browser. Once you hit the free article limit, just hit the burn history button and you are good for another 2-3 articles.

Haven't tried it yet...is the browser safe?  I have been tempted but it looks too good to be true.  You have had no probems?

As for killings, barring an NCAA run i don't think he's getting a new contract. 

8 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Haven't tried it yet...is the browser safe?  I have been tempted but it looks too good to be true.  You have had no probems?

Chrome incognito when you do a search on title of article works...having said that, this piece was kind of a nothing burger. 

11 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

I only use it for viewing timesuseless and gazette articles. If you believe the advertising then it is safe and better with the do not track and cookie burning, but I haven't switched over completely. Trust Google with chrome (where I know I can only partially trust) or another company that preaches privacy, but I don't know if I can trust. Tough decision.

Anyone know when the portal opens and we will start seeing names of who might be leaving?

As I said in another thread, there isn't a single player on the roster that I wouldn't be sad if they entered the portal. I want everyone back. They all played hard and gave it their all. If no one else leaves - so the team only has the 2 graduations, Beagle, and Girault coming off the books, there are 2 freshman signees, and 2 open spots. Both need to be used to find players that can contribute at the 5 right away, the team would have a real good shot at competing next year...

• 1/2 - Thomas, Marshall, Little, Adnan, Lindsey, Amica, Matulu
  • 3 / Small 4 - Reddish, Jackson, Newton, Neely
  • 4  - Margoupis, Taylor
  • 5 - Transfer, Transfer

I'd be happy with that roster if those 2 transfers were 6'9 or bigger than can step in right away. Especially if they were transfers from P5 programs that could play right away. Finding a defense first 5 that is a work in progress offensively would be amazing in the AE with the way the rest of the roster is configured.

Biggest questions: 

• Do we lose anyone from the above
  • Does Neely have anything left in him
  • Does Amica have anything left in him