UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Transfer season thread

18 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

At this moment, I'll remind everyone that entering the portal doesn't mean gone at this point. It means they are exploring their options. There are tons of examples of players entering the portal then deciding to stay. I'm actually surprised that every single D1 player doesn't enter the portal every single year these days. Might as well. Nothing to lose on the players side other than the potential of losing their spot on their current team if they don't recommit in time. Even if they want to stay, why not enter the portal and let other schools wine and dine you for a month! 

Agree 100%. Hate it but totally agree with your post.🤐

I’ll agree Marshall had a tendency to drive the paint straight into double teams. However he’s only a sophomore and that kinda stuff usually gets cleaned up as an upperclassman. 

tough loss regardless

• Like 2

I know for atleast half of these guys this won't matter but with the transfer portal, what is the graduation rate for mens basketball players?  Some of these guys are skipping degrees to pick up pennys in NIL hope it is worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Lol…what a joke

Amica is not a game changer for us - guy couldn't stay on the court unfortunately. While he did play 19 games this year, before that he had only played 10 games in 2 years. 1.4ppg is going to be easy to replace.

Again we cannot afford it but he needs to be done.  Unless something changes I will not be renewing my season tickets.  I have had them for 10 years.  Plus it's not like we have a large fan base.  I can get them back whenever I want.  

Fire him now and bring in someone with winning on their resume.  

I will not give money to a University that does not care about winning.  They renovate this place and for what? 

I will see what happens in the portal but I'm sure it will be terrible.  We have 0 guys on the team right now that should start a D1 game.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

I will see what happens in the portal but I'm sure it will be terrible.  We have 0 guys on the team right now that should start a D1 game.  

Margoupis & Adan are "something" to build with🤔. In 2- 3 years might be a team again?? 

Anyhow, Marshall & Thomas not officially gone yet😱.

With pretty much every mid/low major team in the county having ½ or more of their rosters on the portal; might be easier to find a team to swap entire line-ups with [JOKE🤣.]

2 hours ago, Eli said:

Amica is not a game changer for us - guy couldn't stay on the court unfortunately. While he did play 19 games this year, before that he had only played 10 games in 2 years. 1.4ppg is going to be easy to replace.

Shame we never saw what I saw on his high school film when he signed with UA.  Thought he would be a Mike Black/ DJ Evans type of PG for four years.  Injuries causing no playing time and no practice time to keep pace as a D1 player doomed him.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Shame we never saw what I saw on his high school film when he signed with UA.  Thought he would be a Mike Black/ DJ Evans type of PG for four years.  Injuries causing no playing time and no practice time to keep pace as a D1 player doomed him.  

Agreed, all indications were that he'd be something special at our level. Poor kid never had a chance...just couldn't get body right. 

15 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Margoupis & Adan are "something" to build with🤔. In 2- 3 years might be a team again?? 

Anyhow, Marshall & Thomas not officially gone yet😱.

With pretty much every mid/low major team in the county having ½ or more of their rosters on the portal; might be easier to find a team to swap entire line-ups with [JOKE🤣.]

One team not to switch rosters with is LCC 😂😂😂

• Haha 1