UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

What now?

You got to think that a lot of schools after seeing our performance are going to come knocking on Coach Brown's door seeing he is without a contract right now.

I think McElroy made a huge mistake by letting him enter this year without an extension. The only thing that will save him and our team is the fact that Coach Brown is a classy guy and likes where the program is heading.

On a side note, I watched the game in Ohio last night and the entire bar was cheering for Albany. Granted they probably had no idea where Albany is but it was a great scene.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Brown is to connected with this University. Most coach's want to us their mid-major coaching to improve to better jobs. However, Coach Brown seems like he wants to be here and not leave. He has to much invested.

Also, this is still only one year for Brown. He still has an overall losing record, which I wont hold against him what so ever, but some will.

I love him, the fans love him, and i think he loves Albany. With Jamar back, a solid recruiting class coming in and a nice future for this program, I dont see him jumping ship.

Who says Brown wont pull a Tom Brennan and spend his entire time with this program. It can happen. Thats going back to my entire thing on coach Brown seems to like being here.

On that note: GIVE THE MAN A 5 YEAR EXTENSION RIGHT NOW!

. . . Who says Brown wont pull a Tom Brennan and spend his entire time with this program. It can happen. Thats going back to my entire thing on coach Brown seems to like being here.

On that note: GIVE THE MAN A 5 YEAR EXTENSION RIGHT NOW!

13262[/snapback]

Good points.

Sauers certainly made and is still making a career here.

Brennan was not so successful in his early years as Brown has been in his short stay. Brown has already achieved more.

Edited by olddog71

[ SHOW HIM THE MONEY!!!!

AND THE COMMITMENT.

HE COMMITS EVERY DAY WITH HIS HARD WORK AND DEDICATION.

LET'S SHOW HIM WE CARE.

YA KNOW WHAT HE WILL BE DOING MONDAY? IN HIS WORDS ....RECRUITING IN SOME GYM ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!!! HE CARES ABOUT SUCCESS....WE NEED TO AS WELL

I CHALLENGE THE ALUMNI TO WRITE LETTERS TO THE ADMINISTRATION TO SHOW THEM WE CARE!!1

I GIVE TO THE SCHOOL EVERY YEAR!

DO WE NEED TO SET UP SEPERATE FUND FOR BROWN?

I was so impressed with the the entire basketball program last night. The team was prepared to play at the highest level. They worked so hard and showed that this program is headed for great things in the near future. I think that all this can be attributed to their leader: Coach Brown.

I am lucky enough to know Will on a more personal level and have worked with him when I was a graduate assistant at Saint Rose. I knew then that Will had what it takes to be an excellent head basketball coach. He can identify talent, recruit it, and is an excellent x's and o's coach. What impresses me so much is the way he has molded this team to make sure that all the parts work together to complete the puzzle. Will is going to be succesful and will coach at the highest level at some point. Albany would be wise to enjoy his services for as long as they can keep him. He deserves a contract that shows the university believes in him (5yrs plus) and deserves to be paid like the up and comming coach he is.

I am so proud of the way that Albany represented themselves this year. This can be atributed to the head coach and assitants (past and present). I am sure that Coach Driscoll and Spisto had huge smiles on their faces and were rooting this team on.

CONGRATS WILL and Co.

Brown is a really really good coach and has proven it at different levels. Many people forget or don't know that he was 90-10 at Sullivan County Community College 1998-2001.

Not sure if this was already linked here but here is an article from the Times Herald Record (Orange, Sullivan, Rockland County Paper).

Looks like he really plans on staying here and not chasing the money.

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2006/0...rown-03-16.html

From everything I've read and heard Coach Brown wants to stay.

It's time for the administration to step forward and show him some RESPECT.

As I said in a post much earlier (before the AE Tourney) Brown has gone through his second trial period.

The first was his interim year.

The second was his first contract.

Now it's time to treat him like one of the top coaches in the conference which he is.

Give him a deal in length and salary equal to the top coaches in the league. He has taken us from the "Outhouse" to the "Penthouse"

We should stop treating him like a second class citizen and show him some LOVE.

He reacted tremendously under a great deal of pressure (his head on the chopping block) and has brought more positive notoriety to the school then any ad campaign the administration could ever afford to put together.

I'm sure the admin. will do everything necessary to keep Will here. McElroy took a gamble last year by not signing Will to a long term deal. Now he will have to pay a premium for this year's success. I'm sure the negotiations will be quickly resumed and completed to everyone's satisfaction.

I have to believe that Coach Brown will be back long term. Saturday as he was leaving the hotel he stopped to talk to myself and JonUA97 and we congratulated him on a great season and he of course thanked us but then went on about how he thinks that next year will be even better and he can't wait for it to come. Now I am no psych major but my first reaction is that if he had any doubt about being here next year that would not be the first comment out of his mouth.

On a side note saw Gifford at the hotel also in Philly, at least i think it was him I can't imagine that many other big 17 year old looking kids floating around Philly and talking with the Albany team and staff. They kid is HUGE!!!! If he has half the skills they talk about I can not wait to see him demolish the paint in the AE next year!!!!!

I have to believe that Coach Brown will be back long term.  Saturday as he was leaving the hotel he stopped to talk to myself and JonUA97 and we congratulated him on a great season and he of course thanked us but then went on about how he thinks that next year will be even better and he can't wait for it to come.  Now I am no psych major but my first reaction is that if he had any doubt about being here next year that would not be the first comment out of his mouth.

On a side note saw Gifford at the hotel also in Philly, at least i think it was him I can't imagine that many other big 17 year old looking kids floating around Philly and talking with the Albany team and staff.  They kid is HUGE!!!!  If he has half the skills they talk about I can not wait to see him demolish the paint in the AE next year!!!!!

13322[/snapback]

http://www.nypost.com/sports/63365.htm

Negotiations must be completed quickly. Lots of jobs out there....and with the way the CAA has proven themselves, plus factoring in Brown's ties to LI......

Will's ties to LI are not as strong as they once were with his parents now living in the Albany area. Parents with young children feel it is important for those kids to have a close relationship with their grandparents. That's got to be a factor. Of course, if a $1 million offer came from an ACC or Big East team, I wouldn't recommend against taking it. You can put a nice addition onto the mansion for grandparents for that kind of mulah.