UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Saints big test

saints73 - relax take a deep breath

Siena is 6-5 in a power conference and have 4 games coming against 320+ RPI teams - throw in a game against powerhouse JMU (RPI 298) your guaranteed 5 more overall wins and atleast a total of 10 MAAC wins.

Do you still wonder why .500 Fran scheduled NJIT twice, or are you just dumb.

You should stay on your own board and try to quiet the mutiny by the Siena Loyalists.

They're taking shots at everyone maybe that's why you bailed out and came over here, for your safety.

Patch: Great post; I'm still lol; i.e., the "mutiny."

Following the UA vs. Siena game, a Siena fan made an unsolicited "wise-a**" remark to me and then said "enjoy your season." I responded, "enjoy your student loans." He said nothing in return. The following numbers speak for themselves and explain why I responded the way I did. I think Siena fans have bigger problems than coming after us on this forum. For crying out loud, that's what I paid for law school. I hope they all have rich parents. You can have your past two overtime victories. You're gonna need them. The formatting is off for the numbers below, but the bottom line is self-evident.

Siena's Cost of Attendance for the 2006-2007 academic year is as follows:

Cost of Attendance

Resident / Commuter

Direct Charges:

Tuition and Fees $21,460.00 $21,460.00

Room and Board $8,475.00 ---

Freshman Orientation Charge* 250.00 250.00

Science Lab Fees** 640.00 640.00

Subtotal of Direct Charges $30,825.00 $22,350.00

Indirect Charges:

Commuter Living Allowance --- $1,720.00

Books and Supplies $900.00 $900.00

Personal Expenses & Transportation $1,470.00 $1,915.00

Average Stafford Loan Fees 130.00 $130.00

Subtotal of Indirect Charges

$2,500.00 $4,665.00

Estimated Cost of Attendance $33,325.00 $27,015.00

From: http://www.siena.edu/financialaid/Freshman...fAttendance.asp

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My last words for saints73 - read the Times Union (today) it speaks volumes about Siena's own expectations and reality.

Coach McCaffrey who after scheduling NJIT (326 RPI) twice this year chose James Madison a 298RPI team as a team he would like to play (in the outside the Bracketbuster games).

While we at UA are excited to travel to Boise for a real tough game ( we're something like a 14pt underdog) with a sub 100RPI team. We embrace the challenge.

I hope Siena's loyal fans enjoy sitting in the filthy TUC while paying top dollar to see 3 win St Peters (losers of 13 in a row) and Iona (losers of 21 in a row).

Plus you now get the bonus of seeing JMU - they've won more than the two aforementioned MAAC teams combined with 6 big wins. They're a relative POWERHOUSE.

I don't think we shoud critcize Saints fans for bashing the Danes...I don't have a real problem with that as I know I would do the same to them.

All we can ask is they get their facts right. On that count, they consistently fall short.

At this point in the season, to even pretend like Loudinville is better than us is obnoxious.

I think it's also fair to say that the vast majority of fans here have moved past the loss in December. We'll just have to settle for another conference championship and a return to the Tournament!

.I think it's also fair to say that the vast majority of fans here have moved past the loss in December. We'll just have to settle for another conference championship and a return to the Tournament!

Lot's of work left to accomplish this. This league has so much more parity than in the recent past. Anything could happen in Boston.

Lot's of work left to accomplish this. This league has so much more parity than in the recent past. Anything could happen in Boston.

I agree very much with your assessment. I'm just hoping that Brown's optimism about UAlbany isn't unfounded. He claims that we are still developing a lot, but he likes the progress we've shown. Hopefully, it will be enough that we go dancin' again in mid-March.

Bob (love that name), if I recall correctly, all you talked about for months before the season started was the game against Siena. This board even had a ticker counting down the days, minutes and seconds to the Siena game. Now that you LOST again, you could care less about that game? What hypocrisy!

The Albany v. Siena match up is, in my opinion, a great rivalry...no matter the outcome. It makes it much more exciting now that the teams are competitive. I remember my dad talking about the games between these two teams back in the day @ the Wash. Ave. Armory, and how exciting that was. Now we're getting back to that exciting an atmosphere. When Albany first came to DI and played Siena, you were almost positive going in that Siena was going to win. But then, three years ago or so, Albany improved drasitcally and beat Siena. Then there was the Siena victory in 2OT, and this year the Siena victory by one point in OT. The Pepsi was silent for the instant Jamar's last minute shot was hanging in the air. That just shows what a great game it was.

For this year, Siena fans can hold it over us that they won, but the great thing about a rivalry like this is that there's always next year, and no matter who wins in any year, it's a great event for both colleges and for the area.

Bob (love that name), if I recall correctly, all you talked about for months before the season started was the game against Siena. This board even had a ticker counting down the days, minutes and seconds to the Siena game. Now that you LOST again, you could care less about that game? What hypocrisy!

yeah, because the game is over and it's not worth talking about anymore. But, while your team has collapsed and basically disintegrated since then, UAlbany learned from that loss and is playing good basketball. UAlbany fans have something to look forward to still, unlike you guys who have nothing to hold on to except a double Overtime one point win to a team who in your opinion doesn't even deserve to step on the same court as the powerhouse dynasty Saints. But I won't bash Saints fans too much, I know it's hard enough to come to grips with the demise and obscurity that Siena is tumbling into.

.I think it's also fair to say that the vast majority of fans here have moved past the loss in December. We'll just have to settle for another conference championship and a return to the Tournament!

I agree--we have no guarantees. The league is much better this year. I know we are all hopeful of a game at home on March 10th, or on any America East court for that matter. We have a long road ahead before that is even a possibility. Pittfalls exist for all. All of this chest thumping concerns me.

Just for the record I was not trying to minimize our loss to the Saints (Neither is anyone else, I believe)

Yes, we lost. Yes, it sucked. And yes, the Saints deserve credit whether or not it took them 2 overtimes to do it.

Having said all that, the loss does not take away from the fact that Albany has been able to make up for losing 2 All conference players (Zoellner and Lucious) and 1 very important leader (Levi).

They were able to shake off the early season mistakes and now look like they're on their way to another run at the Conference Championship.

So yes, we lost. But while you're looking forward to next season, we will still have meaningful games to play and (hopefully) a championship to win.

Indian/Saint73

You are looking real dumb here even compared to other saint fans. How many times do I and other fans have to tell you the same thing. Just read UAlbany09 post from 11:28 for example.

Would you rather win one game in early December and fade in January or would you rather use the non conference games to get better and compete for conference championships. I know the vast majority of UA fans would choose the second. And you ?

Lastly, I am sorry that looking forward to games offends you. I am always looking forward to games. I plan road trips as soon as I can. For example , as soon as I left the NCAA selection show last season I was working on plans for Philadelphia.

NO, the Albany - Siena game has no chance of being played anyplace other than the TUC.

Regarding the Siena RPI question; it seems the plot thickens - according to the Times Union, Coach McCaffrey listed JMU as one of the teams he wanted to play, AND, according to the Gazette, he was familiar with them because he had recently watched tape of JMU's 4 point victory over NJIT, while prepping for NJIT. I understand Siena's predicament with having to play league foes with RPIs in the 320s; they have no choice, and both teams were substantially better last year, but to the extent their strength of schedule and RPI take a hit for playing NJIT twice and now, #299 JMU, they have no one to blame but their Coach (who i actually generally like). I guess he wanted to insure that he wouldn't be called .500 Fran in Loudonville.

Archived