UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ Lehigh

Putting behind us the c-N-uh circus the teams travels to play Lehigh on Monday. Lehigh got pasted by Stony Brook in their last game out by 21 points, should be a good one. It will be interesting to see if there will be any hangover, I’m hoping the team comes out with the necessary intensity on the road. I like that we are getting right back out there instead of letting the c-n-uh loss linger. Hopefully we can get back to our winning ways.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Putting behind us the c-N-uh circus the teams travels to play Lehigh on Monday. Lehigh got pasted by Stony Brook in their last game out by 21 points, should be a good one. It will be interesting to see if there will be any hangover, I’m hoping the team comes out with the necessary intensity on the road. I like that we are getting right back out there instead of letting the c-n-uh loss linger. Hopefully we can get back to our winning ways.

100 wins against Lehigh aren't as good as one against $iena. Sadly, we'll have 100 wins against Lehigh before one against $iena...:(

If McElroy has a backbone, he'll tie Brown's future into beating $iena next year. We have no heart to beat $iena while $iena has tons of heart to beat us and that is just wrong. What wouldn't having McCaffery coaching us do to make us better?

yup, you figured it out. Lets fire our coach! Lets make all our coaching choices on if we think he can beat a non-conference MAAC team in Siena. Forget NCAA Tournament appearances or Conference titles. Damn you Coach Brown for bringing 2 conference titles in two of the last three years. :rolleyes:

yup, you figured it out. Lets fire our coach! Lets make all our coaching choices on if we think he can beat a non-conference MAAC team in Siena. Forget NCAA Tournament appearances or Conference titles. Damn you Coach Brown for bringing 2 conference titles in two of the last three years. :rolleyes:

But Coach Brown can't bring us local respect which the $iena game is. If you had to choose between beating $iena and getting the same attention from 6/10/13/23/CN9/TU/Gazette/Record that $iena gets and a trip to the NCAA's in which the media will only care about then, what would you choose for the long-term good of the program?

I'd take the faustian bargain for one year...

But Coach Brown can't bring us local respect which the $iena game is. If you had to choose between beating $iena and getting the same attention from 6/10/13/23/CN9/TU/Gazette/Record that $iena gets and a trip to the NCAA's in which the media will only care about then, what would you choose for the long-term good of the program?

That is one of your stupidest comments (so many to choose from) ..WHO CARES ABOUT LOCAL RESPECT & THE MEDIA!

It's a game for college kids to play while they are going to school to further their education!! The point of playing a game isn't to get respect from the locals, but to have fun, and get as far as you can in your sport. In this case that would be going to the Dance, which Coach has done twice!

If people play for the media's attention then they aren't playing for the love of the game which they should be..and I believe the Danes are playing for the game and not to get in good with the local media.

If you want ppl to jump on a Danes bandwagon when we win a game (cough cough Siena fans) so that our fan base gets larger then that's your opinion. But I would prefer having real fans who enjoy the game and stick with their team in good and bad times. And I believe this year will be good times!

It appears that Lehigh is just north of the Philadelphia area.

Anyone been down to Lehigh in the past? Worth the trip?

Of all people, the seawolves, took them down hard the other night, by something like 21 points.

Of course, assuming we take this game seriously, Is this going to be an easy win?

stabler1.jpg

Lehigh's about 3+ hrs. from Albany, west on I-78 from I -287, just over the Jersey line. I've only been there for our football game.

Is Lehigh where students' racist comments taunted Levi Levine into a technical? or was that Bucknell, pretty sure it was a Patriot League school.

That is one of your stupidest comments (so many to choose from) ..WHO CARES ABOUT LOCAL RESPECT & THE MEDIA!

It's a game for college kids to play while they are going to school to further their education!! The point of playing a game isn't to get respect from the locals, but to have fun, and get as far as you can in your sport. In this case that would be going to the Dance, which Coach has done twice!

If people play for the media's attention then they aren't playing for the love of the game which they should be..and I believe the Danes are playing for the game and not to get in good with the local media.

If you want ppl to jump on a Danes bandwagon when we win a game (cough cough Siena fans) so that our fan base gets larger then that's your opinion. But I would prefer having real fans who enjoy the game and stick with their team in good and bad times. And I believe this year will be good times!

You are totally on the money with this one MsGDG, especially the first sentence.

I'm going to try to turn my Siena post-game thoughts into Lehigh pre-game comments in order to avoid the self-deprecating posts in the Siena thread.

I love our rebounding..we're +8 in rebounding and are getting it from the whole team, not just one or two guys..those rebounds (and resulting extra possesions/shots) keep us in the game when our shooting is off mark..I think we have a very good press/trap and wouldn't mind seeing it more often..while it doesn't always result in a ton of steals, I think it creates enough disruption for our opponents and energizes our team..it seems to lead to a lot of our runs in each game and we certainly have the depth/bench to do it..conversely, I think we deal with presses pretty well..it's certainly not pretty, but I think we've been effective in handling it..Siena's hurt us here and there, but I think it was item 5 or 6 on the list of reasons why we lost the game, not 1 or 2 like we would've expected..I hope Mike Johnson can develop an offensive aspect to his game..he does a great job with the ball, averaging 3 assists and 4 rebounds a game in just 18 minutes of play, but defenders don't have to concentrate on him too much cause he doesn't have (or hasn't shown) a great shot or strong 'to-the hoop' abilities..I think Raffa has grown up a lot over the past few games..he can certainly still improve, but he's averaged only 2 turnovers per game the past 4 games while picking up 9 total assists..hopefully that play continues!..I think Billy Allen is this year's freshman/sophomore year Brian Lillis..he doesn't put up huge numbers yet, but does a lot of little things well and seems to be a part of a lot of our runs..I like seeing him on the court.

Hopefully we pick up with our winning ways again tonight in Bethlehem..wish I could make it down there.

Pregame story in today's Gazette - Danes try to catch their breath, bounce back.

Sounds like Lehigh was missing some key players their last two games which might explain their meltdown against the Seawolves. Those guys will be back tonight. Funny that people (America Least for example) have been talking about how weak our schedule is. Lehigh was picked second in the Patriot League. I understand that Bryant helps with that argument but we've played the #2 pick in the Ivy (Penn) the #4 pick in the NEC (CCSU who is playing better) the #1 pick in the MAAC (Siena) and now Lehigh. On yeah, plus Depaul and Villanova.

I'm going to try to turn my Siena post-game thoughts into Lehigh pre-game comments in order to avoid the self-deprecating posts in the Siena thread.

I love our rebounding..we're +8 in rebounding and are getting it from the whole team, not just one or two guys..those rebounds (and resulting extra possesions/shots) keep us in the game when our shooting is off mark..I think we have a very good press/trap and wouldn't mind seeing it more often..while it doesn't always result in a ton of steals, I think it creates enough disruption for our opponents and energizes our team..it seems to lead to a lot of our runs in each game and we certainly have the depth/bench to do it..conversely, I think we deal with presses pretty well..it's certainly not pretty, but I think we've been effective in handling it..Siena's hurt us here and there, but I think it was item 5 or 6 on the list of reasons why we lost the game, not 1 or 2 like we would've expected..I hope Mike Johnson can develop an offensive aspect to his game..he does a great job with the ball, averaging 3 assists and 4 rebounds a game in just 18 minutes of play, but defenders don't have to concentrate on him too much cause he doesn't have (or hasn't shown) a great shot or strong 'to-the hoop' abilities..I think Raffa has grown up a lot over the past few games..he can certainly still improve, but he's averaged only 2 turnovers per game the past 4 games while picking up 9 total assists..hopefully that play continues!..I think Billy Allen is this year's freshman/sophomore year Brian Lillis..he doesn't put up huge numbers yet, but does a lot of little things well and seems to be a part of a lot of our runs..I like seeing him on the court.

Hopefully we pick up with our winning ways again tonight in Bethlehem..wish I could make it down there.

I thought our ability to handle the press in the Siena was night and day from what we saw during the end of the Penn game....WE WERE CLUELESS. Most of our TO's in the Siena game were not a result of the press, two time we were called for a 10 second violation but I can't remember a single steal (maybe there was one or two) that resulted from the press/trap.

Does the presence of the logo for Fox Sports Channel -- Atlantic on the webpage for tonight's game mean that the game will be televised on FCS - Atlantic? Or does it mean that Lehigh games generally appear on FCS Atlantic from time to time?

For those of us with digital cable, check out FCS Atlantic tonight to see if the UAlbany game is on. For me and anyone else with Mid-Hudson Cable, it's channel 183.

EDIT: According to TV Guide, etc., FCS Atlantic has a NEC game tonight. :(

Archived