UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Realistic Expectations

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i expected too much. i do like the young guys though. hopefully the jc recruit can fill in for the loss of ambrose. we've been awful with jucos.

whats the deal with hatcher?

Jason Siggers..cough cough..Jerel Hastings..cough cough.

i say it again we have been awful with jucos.

mike knight, rob moores, russle moore, baraza, mike johnson, fran urli to name a few.

injury or not we've had terrible luck.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i expected too much. i do like the young guys though. hopefully the jc recruit can fill in for the loss of ambrose. we've been awful with jucos.

whats the deal with hatcher?

Jason Siggers..cough cough..Jerel Hastings..cough cough.

i say it again we have been awful with jucos.

mike knight, rob moores, russle moore, baraza, mike johnson, fran urli to name a few.

injury or not we've had terrible luck.

This is true, no way to deny it. We've had a couple of big hits and a lot more total swings and misses.

If possible, I'd really like to stay away from JUCO's. Add McRae to the above list, fighting with coaches, kicked off the team etc. Not worth the trouble IMO. Moore and Hatcher were another two that were a complete loss of two 'ships.

I guess it's OK to plug a hole here and there but bringing in a JUCO or two every year isn't a good way to build a team.

Fair enough..perhaps I just interpreted your sentence a bit differently than you intended. In the past 4 completed seasons..we've had a 1st team All-AE JUCO (Siggers) and an All-AE Defensive Team JUCO (Hastings). McRae was obviously a bit of a headache at the end of the 08-09 season..but averaged more than 5 points and 4 rebounds in his 2 years here..obviously not star numbers..but I'm not sure I..personally..would call him a 'bust.'

Do we 'miss' more often than not? Definitely. But I wouldn't quite describe it as 'awful.'

I would say we are 2/12 for kids that contributed (with little drama attached.):

May 04 Brandon Perry G 6'1" 187 TX JC Left the team, < 1 year

Kiel Graham F/C 6'9" 215 WI JC Left after playing in 5 games; U-W Parkside

Jason Siggers G/F 6'4" 195 TX JC 2 years

Nov 05 Michael Knight G 6'3" 185 WA TR Left after one season; Seattle University

May 07 Robert Moores SG 6'2" 180 KS JC Left team in first year; Emporia State University

Jerel Hastings SF 6'5" 215 TX JC 2 years

May 08 Michael Johnson PG 6'1" 195 NY JC Suspended senior year.

Louis Barraza G/F 6'5" 200 AZ JC Abdominal injury ends career.

Edmund McRae F 6'8" 210 NY JC Forced to walk on senior year; 2 years.

May 09 Fran Urli PF 6'8" 220 Croatia JC Injury potentially ends career.

May 10 Theo Hatcher SF 6'7" 210 FL JC MIA

Russell Moore SG 6'3" 200 LA JC MIA

A juco list without Earv Opong can't be any good...

Looking at that list we are 2/3 with Juco players from Texas. Maybe we should stick with them. I admit I'd had some juco fatigue last year but I'm hoping Gerardo Suero can cure it.

Didn't want to start a new thread on this but something I've been thinking about. With LCC imploding does this help us in negotiating a new contract?

If anything should help with less season ticket renewals and we can take those seats.

Thoughts?

It is enjoyable to see them lose, but it really shouldn't make a difference with a new contract. We are beyond the point where our admin should have said we'll play them either home and home alternate years or play every year in the knick split the tickets evenly for giving up a home game. All tickets in sections on the Pearl street side of mid court are UA seats. All tickets on the other side are LCC seats. It is then part of neither season ticket package. Both teams sell first to season ticket holders as an additional line on the season ticket form. UA Seats can be assigned based on donor level and season ticket length, etc. Pretty standard stuff that schools use to allocate tickets for bowls, post season or any other game where demand is higher than supply. Don't care how LCC would allocate their tickets. They can do it the same way or they can add a dumbness factor since you have to be pretty dumb to support that school in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...

First game Albany beat somebody that probably shouldn't have. Will Brown's been saying Black is the best point guard in the league.. and for the last few games he has been. If he stays hot and on the attack, anything is possible for a three game stretch. And Black starting to tap into his potential makes the transition post Timmy a little less frightening

Archived