UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Realistic Expectations

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as there were other circumstances (players leaving, injuries, etc.)...I think it is refreshing--and Brown bashers should take notice--that Coach admitted his major mistake in the past few years and has learned from it:

"Twice already this preseason Brown said the worst thing that happened to the program was coming so close to UConn in that epic 2006 NCAA Tournament opener. He admits he became consumed with stockpiling talent regardless of fit, thinking that's all that was missing from taking the next step."

As much as there were other circumstances (players leaving, injuries, etc.)...I think it is refreshing--and Brown bashers should take notice--that Coach admitted his major mistake in the past few years and has learned from it:

"Twice already this preseason Brown said the worst thing that happened to the program was coming so close to UConn in that epic 2006 NCAA Tournament opener. He admits he became consumed with stockpiling talent regardless of fit, thinking that's all that was missing from taking the next step."

This is key, I'm glad to see him putting it out there and recognizing that he went away from what worked. IMO, last years freshmen class was him going back to what worked and by all accounts he's continuing along that path on the recruiting trail. Kids that are high IQ, tough defensively, at times lunch pail types.

I expect to see a really good TU story, maybe even 10-12 paragraphs, on Friday, November 12, for the first game.

This is what I expected:

http://www.timesunion.com/opinion/article/Level-the-playing-field-cut-UAlbany-sports-792637.php

I understand from some at UA that while there are always those on campus who, without really knowing the facts, grumble about athletics depriving the chemistry department of beakers and deep sinks and such. But now, as I understand it, it is no longer just the elitists grumbling over their green tea, but is much more serious agitation, and is focused on pushing hard for serious cuts to athletics, or whatever "downsizing" means. Frankly, I'm nervous about it.

And I stand corrected on the TU waiting until the 12th for the BB story (I was only half serious anyway -- but, half serious is still pretty serious). And I'm glad it was Mark McGuire, far and away the best that the TU has in sports. I thought it was a well written, interesting story with new information and some positive support. I loved the part about this year's team losing a pick-up game to last year's squad, but beating them when it really counts.

I expect to see a really good TU story, maybe even 10-12 paragraphs, on Friday, November 12, for the first game.

This is what I expected:

http://www.timesunio...orts-792637.php

Sour grapes. Guy is pissed off because there isn't a French major anymore, depsite the fact that every student at UA can still take French lanugage classes. Boo hooo....can't major in a worthless subject anymore.....closedeyes.gif Waaahhhh...

Here's some number for you to digest monsieur, there are more life lessons learned in 10 seconds of a football game then in 10 years of French classes.

The french guy may have a point. Without a stadium, maybe we should give up football. In spite of what Ford says, that they would play on I90 if they had to, I DO NOT WANT TO WATCH THEM PLAY ON I90. I have been watching them in that no excuse for a field since their first club game and in spite of what Ford says that place has cost him recruits and kept fan interest from growing and donations from pouring in.

You think we'd have only one September home game in the past THREE years if we had a respected stadium?

I'll be there freezing for those late November(13th,20th) meaningless games but few others will. But with a real stadium more early games in September to entice the casual fans in, maybe the late freezing November games would be more important and better attended like in the not to distant past.

I know I am ranting, but watching UA football for 40 years at university field is demoralizing and if we aren't willing to fight the naysayer french teachers and move forward NOW on a stadium, maybe they are right and we should spend our money elswhere.

Archived