UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Biggest Week in UA Football History (vs. SHU)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These players should not have any problems getting up for this game on Saturday!

Does anyone know anything about SHU other than they are better than they were supposed to be?

All the stats are here: http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?year=2011&org=590

They're a pass-heavy team with a good pass rush and a solid pass defense. They do give up 150+ rushing yards per game though. Romain, Smith and Osbourne should have big days.

They're coming off back-to-back losses and they're very young. They've essentially got nothing to play for except to be the spoiler so I expect some interesting game planning.

Let's hope that this is the "Biggest Week in UA Football History" until the next week rolls around and trumps it.

Edit: Sorry DF, I think that is what you were trying to say, but a typo confused the message.

HAHA!!!!! Darn Ipad

Sunny and 56 is the forecast for Saturday.

Anybody on campus know if they are pushing this with the students?

I'd really love to see a crowd over 3275. That's what we need to average 4,000 per game on the year. That would be a great accomplishment for our stadium and could silence some critics who will complain about a 6,500 seat stadium.

I'd really love to see a crowd over 3275. That's what we need to average 4,000 per game on the year. That would be a great accomplishment for our stadium and could silence some critics who will complain about a 6,500 seat stadium.

I will be there as I have for almost every game including cold November ones for the past almost 40 years. However this game has absolutely NOTHING to do with getting a new stadium. It is already long past overdue (about 35 years overdue). We do not have to justify to anyone; cut someone else this time. It is Ford's and UA footballs turn for a share of the pie. Win or lose, 1000 or 6000 attendance, construction should begin YESTERDAY.

I know I am ranting and most on this blog do not need to be ranted at on this, but I am just getting more and more frustrated over lack of progress.

Anyhow, Saturday it is GO DANES---------and to the NCAA's.

I will be there as I have for almost every game including cold November ones for the past almost 40 years. However this game has absolutely NOTHING to do with getting a new stadium. It is already long past overdue (about 35 years overdue). We do not have to justify to anyone; cut someone else this time. It is Ford's and UA footballs turn for a share of the pie. Win or lose, 1000 or 6000 attendance, construction should begin YESTERDAY.

I know I am ranting and most on this blog do not need to be ranted at on this, but I am just getting more and more frustrated over lack of progress.

I agree its not necessary. It just makes the conversation a little easier.

I really like your phrase "cut someone else this time."

I think I am making the trip for this game. Anyone else fom "downstate" or New England attending??? Calling Danefan and Dane 96.

I wish I could, but as of now I can't go. :(

I am 50-50; Currently in Europe for work...not sure I am going to be mentally and emotionally able to drive after landing on Friday night.

Archived