UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BU @ UA - Monday 7PM

I can appreciate the altruism in Ms GDG's earlier post but note that it speaks of supporting the students - the very same people who don't support their own. Still seems that most fans are alums and other rubberneckers looking at a traffic accident. Also supporting a team or the kids does not exempt the program from providing some degree of entertainment. As the post itself said, the experience is not only not entertaining but actually "hurts" this year. Why would anyone want to (over)pay for that? I did like the statistics being summarized as a big 0. Whether it's this group of players or the coach or the program, there is enough sustained culpability for all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can appreciate the altruism in Ms GDG's earlier post but note that it speaks of supporting the students - the very same people who don't support their own. Still seems that most fans are alums and other rubberneckers looking at a traffic accident. Also supporting a team or the kids does not exempt the program from providing some degree of entertainment. As the post itself said, the experience is not only not entertaining but actually "hurts" this year. Why would anyone want to (over)pay for that? I did like the statistics being summarized as a big 0. Whether it's this group of players or the coach or the program, there is enough sustained culpability for all.

Students don't support their own so we shouldn't? I didn't say it exempted the program from providing entertainment or doing something about the product they are producing.

Being a sports fan can hurt, just ask Bob87 it's rough being a Mets fan.. I mean.. haha. Like last year after following the Braves for 6 long baseball months and seeing the collapse they had in Sept after pretty much locking up the Wild Card for the playoffs ..that hurt, bad... very bad for a long time. It's part of being a fan. I'm not going to not go see the team play this spring and summer because of their historic or almost historic (thanks to the Red Sox collapse). But maybe that is altruism or maybe that's me just being a fan... I dunno. But no ones getting hurt so I'll go w/ it until being a sports fan becomes unbearable.

We rarely blow anyone out.

6 wins of 17 points or more. A 'blow out' is a pretty subjective thing..but I'd wager a guess that most people would agree that 17+ points counts as one. That's a full 40% of our wins and nearly a quarter of all our games played this season. Also 4 wins of 23 points or more. On the other side..we have just 3 losses of 14 points or more. Those were our games at Pitt, at Cuse and at George Mason.

Not suggesting that your overall point is right or wrong..I'm just not a fan of factually inaccurate statements being used in discussions like these.

Who cares if we blow people out or not...especially this year having played an extremely weak schedule outside of a few games. Means very little...This is an unfortunate conversation, this is coming from a guy that thinks highly of Will Brown the person...he's a class act does many things the right way...he's a good guy...but the program is at a cross-road with a decision that the school will need to make. I believe it's a worthwhile exercise to take stock in where we are today...are we better off today as a basketball program then we were when the last contract was signed? Who would have thought we'd never even sniff the post season in the last 4, going on 5 years...??????

Despite the fact that it felt like the world and the season ended on Monday night, it didn't. There is still some season left. It was only a few weeks ago that Giants fans were going to run Tom Coughlin out of town. Yesterday he was riding through the streets of NYC in a victory parade. The season isn't over. I'm sorry if that sounded optimistic, I know how some of you hate that stuff.

Speaking of the actual game, I hated most things about it but I did like moving Guerrier to play some SF when Logan was out. I don't remember us doing that but I thought it was a great move.

Despite the fact that it felt like the world and the season ended on Monday night, it didn't. There is still some season left. It was only a few weeks ago that Giants fans were going to run Tom Coughlin out of town. Yesterday he was riding through the streets of NYC in a victory parade. The season isn't over. I'm sorry if that sounded optimistic, I know how some of you hate that stuff.

Speaking of the actual game, I hated most things about it but I did like moving Guerrier to play some SF when Logan was out. I don't remember us doing that but I thought it was a great move.

Point well taken and that's why most of us are sitting here and just riding it out...let's see what happens. Like I said before...I expect to be at the last two home games...cheer for the ENTIRE team and let the chips fall where they may. At the end of the season we'll see where we are and move on from there.

When I played basketball, I never considered a coach to have much impact on the outcome of the game.

Sure, a coach does play a minimal role, but the players go out and perform. It gets done on the court, good or bad.

Amazing what some of these coaches are paid...

This is where a coach's value comes into play.

Brown needs to hit a 'nerve' just about now, and challenge his team.

Do they want to win the conference tournament and go to a NCAA tournament game,

or don't they? If they do, what the *&^% are they going to do to make it happen.

Cause now, they don't look like they'll even win a game in the ae tournament.

A team needs to be mentally and physically tough to beat any team, regardless of referees, regardless

of the type of B-ball that the ae plays. As 96 touched upon diving on balls, are we going to have a team full of players

who are going to dive on loose balls or just reach for the loose balls. I see alot of reaching. I see alot of watching shots,

and not boxing out for defensive rebounds... Are we trying to coast through games?

I don't spend too much time analyzing offensive sets, but what jumps out at me is the lack of penetration(other than Suero),

and the lack of activity away from the ball... setting up a scoring opportunity is as important as the scoring attempt.

Analyzing offensive sets is all good and well but we routinely lose games on the defensive end. The next time we play any semblance of defense will be the first...we can't stop a nose bleed. If we do play any defense it's in spurts...look at our defensive numbers...I mean it's bad, real bad! The offensive end is the least of our problems...we put up 78 points on the second best defensive club in the AE in BU and lost! An average offensive team BU...(187KenPom) put up an 81-spot on us...

This is why you are our leader. Looking forward to a trip to Dayton on March 13 (but lets not resurrect the Lucky 13 shirts)

This is why you are our leader.

If I'm the leader then we are deep, deep trouble. I'm just the only one fool enough to start a fan forum for a team that was 7-21. Talk about optimism, there it was.

I hate to say anything positive about Stony Brook but their senior class is the mentally toughest group I've seen in a while and it reflects on their entire team. If you think about the heartbreaking losses they've had - win the conference two years ago only to lose to BU in the tourney, then get their hearts ripped out again in the conference final last year, I think that's contributed to their toughness. Reading that Wilkin article about out locker room after the BU loss it will be interesting to see how we respond.

When I played basketball, I never considered a coach to have much impact on the outcome of the game.

Sure, a coach does play a minimal role, but the players go out and perform. It gets done on the court, good or bad.

Amazing what some of these coaches are paid...

This is where a coach's value comes into play.

Brown needs to hit a 'nerve' just about now, and challenge his team.

Do they want to win the conference tournament and go to a NCAA tournament game,

or don't they? If they do, what the *&^% are they going to do to make it happen.

Cause now, they don't look like they'll even win a game in the ae tournament.

A team needs to be mentally and physically tough to beat any team, regardless of referees, regardless

of the type of B-ball that the ae plays. As 96 touched upon diving on balls, are we going to have a team full of players

who are going to dive on loose balls or just reach for the loose balls. I see alot of reaching. I see alot of watching shots,

and not boxing out for defensive rebounds... Are we trying to coast through games?

I don't spend too much time analyzing offensive sets, but what jumps out at me is the lack of penetration(other than Suero),

and the lack of activity away from the ball... setting up a scoring opportunity is as important as the scoring attempt.

THIS!!!

And I think he needs to go back to his old ways a bit becasue frankly, we all bitched and moaned that he was too rough on some guys...and now I think he has simply coddled these guys because we asked him to change his persona a bit.

HE NEEDS TO LIGHT THEM UP AND CHALLENGE THEIR WANT RIGHT NOW.

Sadly, I think besides Mike Black, Balke, and Iati...Logan is the one guy who really would respond to that challenge however his leg is a mess...and I just dont think he is able to give what he wants to give from a physical perspective.

If I'm the leader then we are deep, deep trouble. I'm just the only one fool enough to start a fan forum for a team that was 7-21. Talk about optimism, there it was.

I hate to say anything positive about Stony Brook but their senior class is the mentally toughest group I've seen in a while and it reflects on their entire team. If you think about the heartbreaking losses they've had - win the conference two years ago only to lose to BU in the tourney, then get their hearts ripped out again in the conference final last year, I think that's contributed to their toughness. Reading that Wilkin article about out locker room after the BU loss it will be interesting to see how we respond.

And this!

Nicely put DP!

And this!

Nicely put DP!

IN my opinion there is a fine line between tough and dirty. Levi Levine, John Iati, Brian Lillis were tough and as physical as they come, but I do not think anyone on any team in the AE would call them dirty. I have a hard time saying that about Brook. Sorry.

Archived