UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UAalum72 beat me to it.

Here are some pictures from the still cam as well as my seats (section 204):

How the game ball was delivered. Yep, sky diver:

NpyTlA6.jpg

View of the bench:

ao6Zf2f.jpg

Beginning of the game:

zTw5lQR.jpg

The Berm during the game:

Jp75Wnr.jpg

0nhG57S.jpg

Mid Game - right after half-time:

HIOv5E3.jpg

End of the game:

JNwgT4g.jpg

---------------------

As for my thoughts...

Well, the stadium is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Everyone has a good view and it was PACKED. I heard rumors that it may have been around 10,000 people. However, a LOT of the berm and opposing side of the field left shortly after half-time which was disappointing.

The team...well...our D game to play today. Our offense was ATROCIOUS for most of the game. BUT, even with that being said, special teams is what lost the game for us. That fumble deep in our own territory was the MAIN reason why we lost (since it directly resulted in RI points as opposed to just missed opportunities for us to score). The 3 mistakes our kicker made (2 FG's blocked and 1 missed XP) sealed the deal on the loss.

Disappointing, however, we are pretty young and will learn from this. Hopefully.

The OC needs to expand his game plan and be creative. He was for a stretch in the 3rd and 4th quarter, but for much of the game he was WAY too predictable.

The stadium is impressive, and although it was a bad loss, I am still grinning ear to ear.

This. Had a great time.

Edited by Ilko

UAalum72 beat me to it.

Here are some pictures from the still cam as well as my seats (section 204):

How the game ball was delivered. Yep, sky diver:

NpyTlA6.jpg

View of the bench:

ao6Zf2f.jpg

Beginning of the game:

zTw5lQR.jpg

The Berm during the game:

Jp75Wnr.jpg

0nhG57S.jpg

Mid Game - right after half-time:

HIOv5E3.jpg

End of the game:

JNwgT4g.jpg

---------------------

As for my thoughts...

Well, the stadium is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Everyone has a good view and it was PACKED. I heard rumors that it may have been around 10,000 people. However, a LOT of the berm and opposing side of the field left shortly after half-time which was disappointing.

The team...well...our D game to play today. Our offense was ATROCIOUS for most of the game. BUT, even with that being said, special teams is what lost the game for us. That fumble deep in our own territory was the MAIN reason why we lost (since it directly resulted in RI points as opposed to just missed opportunities for us to score). The 3 mistakes our kicker made (2 FG's blocked and 1 missed XP) sealed the deal on the loss.

Disappointing, however, we are pretty young and will learn from this. Hopefully.

The OC needs to expand his game plan and be creative. He was for a stretch in the 3rd and 4th quarter, but for much of the game he was WAY too predictable.

The stadium is impressive, and although it was a bad loss, I am still grinning ear to ear.

This. Had a great time.

Let's do it again next Saturday folks...

Lets take this away and try to forget everything else for a week.

But the much bigger takeaway from the first game at Bob Ford Field is this: There's no longer a college football desert between West Point and Syracuse, not as long as the Great Danes can fill their stadium 11,000 strong, like they did in a home opener that lived up to hype decades in the making.

http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=7496&st=60#entry70648

Edited by danefan

And one more thing....watch your stuff in the lots at during the game. Big crowds also bring shady characters. Just about anything we left out at halftime got stolen, including my cooler full or beer. Very disappointing halftime back at the tent with no beer.

Edited by danefan