UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2014 Lacrosse schedule

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor season so far...came in with such high expectations and basically have flopped.

I wouldn't call it a poor season just a very uneven one. Taking Cuse to OT on the road, beating ranked teams in UMass and Penn St. are all very big wins. On the other hand losing to mediocre teams need to stop.

Poor season so far...came in with such high expectations and basically have flopped.

I wouldn't call it a poor season just a very uneven one. Taking Cuse to OT on the road, beating ranked teams in UMass and Penn St. are all very big wins. On the other hand losing to mediocre teams need to stop.

Fair point...uneven would be a better way to put it.

Thoughts?? Are we getting out coached or out played against these mediocre teams?? And how do we not only beat, but beat badly teams like umass and penn state and almost beat a good syracuse team?? The fans I sat with @ yesterdays game were very perplexed and as lost for answers as the team seemed to be???

Edited by dslyank

How do you not bring in a face off guy? This has been an issue for the past few years.

Connor Russell was suppose to be the answer. He was highly recruited out of Penfield (a very good high school program) and had a four year 70% face off average. A year averaging 60% is considered very good, 70% excellent; and he did it for four years. He had been slowed by injuries (I do not know if this is still the case, or if he is just going through freshman growing pains??) In the second half against Canisius he was 9 for 15, after only being 1 of 6 in the first half. I think, he is going to be a good/great FOGO in time. And PERHAPS(??) coach should just stick with him {live or die}, instead of experimenting every game and even within games with multiple options.

I'm certain Marr knows what he's doing. There are other players that have experience at faceoff, and if Russell isn't tearing it up,

there's no reason not to give the other players the shot to emerge. Glad you wrote that the game was moved to 4pm, thanks.

Edited by uofalbany