UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @ UMass-Lowell 7pm Wed 1/15

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think DP is just saying that it turned out OK.

Yeah, sorry about that. Didn't mean calm anyone down. This loss sucks.

I just don't panic as well as I used. If Hooley's injury is serious that might change.

I'm very good at panicking...

And I'm learning restraint!

Boy are these group therapy sessions helpful!

I wrote a long response and deleted it accidentally so here is try number 2. I'm not overly surprised at what has happened the past few games and most of the season. I didn't expect this team of new players to be at the top of the AE. The team lost their two best scorers (Black/Iati), their two leaders (Metcalf/Iati) and have a bunch of new players whose style they have to learn and gel with. If you think about it there are only 3 players on the team who have more than 1 year of D1 experience (Puk, Devlin, Rowley). Then you have the Jucos and young guys. 3 out of the 4 seniors have one year experience at D1 level and even they didn't play much last year (Johnson, DJ and Wiegmann). There have been a ton of injuries (Odunsi, Hooley, Enemma, Puk, Levan, Rowley, Devlin) that really hurt the team.

Don't get me wrong. I am not making excuses because this is the roster that the coaches put together that has so little experience at this level BUT you can't expect them to be at the top of the AE( even though it is crap right now) with all these new players. Can it happen if they come together well, yes, but the reality is they haven't yet BUT that can change. I'm not jumping off a cliff just yet because I didn't have high expectations even though they have played some very good games this year.

I wrote a long response and deleted it accidentally so here is try number 2. I'm not overly surprised at what has happened the past few games and most of the season. I didn't expect this team of new players to be at the top of the AE. The team lost their two best scorers (Black/Iati), their two leaders (Metcalf/Iati) and have a bunch of new players whose style they have to learn and gel with. If you think about it there are only 3 players on the team who have more than 1 year of D1 experience (Puk, Devlin, Rowley). Then you have the Jucos and young guys. 3 out of the 4 seniors have one year experience at D1 level and even they didn't play much last year (Johnson, DJ and Wiegmann). There have been a ton of injuries (Odunsi, Hooley, Enemma, Puk, Levan, Rowley, Devlin) that really hurt the team.

Don't get me wrong. I am not making excuses because this is the roster that the coaches put together that has so little experience at this level BUT you can't expect them to be at the top of the AE( even though it is crap right now) with all these new players. Can it happen if they come together well, yes, but the reality is they haven't yet BUT that can change. I'm not jumping off a cliff just yet because I didn't have high expectations even though they have played some very good games this year.

Lets get more JUCO's...I hear that's how all the good programs are built.

Edited by Clickclack

Next year's recruiting class has all incoming freshman.

Next year's recruiting class has all incoming freshman.

Yeah I know...I was being facetious...any good run we've had have all been fueled by 4 year kids. Hopefully this incoming class is dividends from the recent NCAA trip.

I'm so over 50% of the roster being JUCO's...currently we have 7...

Edited by Clickclack

Did anyone see Evan's slam the ball down at the end of the game just to bounce back up and basically almost hit him in the face lol. We even have trouble getting mad!

He posted this on twitter after the game..seems to know his free throws would have made a difference. Reminds us that these guys know it too, it's not just us fans getting mad on a board or at the tv. Hopefully he can get back into his groove.

"I will take the L for that one. Idk wtf is going on. Never shot this poorly in my entire career." - DJ

In the 45 minutes of muck at Lowell last night the one decent spot might have been the play of Egharevba. I hope he becomes a regular.

As much as GJ does at the SF spot, everyone we play knows to play him to drive because he's not going to shoot. To mix a scorer like Ede in that position should help.