UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB vs. Vermont 3/9 5pm

Part of the problem is that Coach stated we have great kids but no one is an "in-your-face" leader. Quite frankly, Peter Hooley's play and expression are making me think he is THAT guy. It's happened over the last month.

Truly, that's what we were missing, even with the injuries. We missed the fiery spirit of guys like Lucious, Brian L., Jacob Iati, etc.

Certainly appears that something has "happened" to Hooley...he's playing out of his mind right now. Both sides of the court...it's fun to watch.

Maybe it was something Coach said to him... seemed to work for Jamar :)

will brown@UAHOOPSWB 16h

"@JayDubbs5: Did you @UAHOOPSWB tell Hooley what you told me after my first awards banquet? #onamission" Of course! LOL

@UAHOOPSWB 16h

"@JayDubbs5: @UAHOOPSWB you have a way of bringing the best out of people at the most important times. #legend" Ha ha! U the man!

Edited by MsGDG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the problem is that Coach stated we have great kids but no one is an "in-your-face" leader. Quite frankly, Peter Hooley's play and expression are making me think he is THAT guy. It's happened over the last month.

Truly, that's what we were missing, even with the injuries. We missed the fiery spirit of guys like Lucious, Brian L., Jacob Iati, etc.

Certainly appears that something has "happened" to Hooley...he's playing out of his mind right now. Both sides of the court...it's fun to watch.

Maybe it was something Coach said to him... seemed to work for Jamar :)

will brown@UAHOOPSWB 16h

"@JayDubbs5: Did you @UAHOOPSWB tell Hooley what you told me after my first awards banquet? #onamission" Of course! LOL

@UAHOOPSWB 16h

"@JayDubbs5: @UAHOOPSWB you have a way of bringing the best out of people at the most important times. #legend" Ha ha! U the man!

I was just about to post this. Also these were great from Jamar.

Jamar Wilson ‏@JayDubbs5 17h @peter Hooley12 tell em how you feel boi! #UA

Jamar Wilson ‏@JayDubbs5 15h @a mericaEast @peter Hooley12 Coming out with something to prove. Reminds me of myself when I had the 1st team fever. #manonamission #UAUKnow

I'm just wondering whether the issues of mediocre regular season and an injury-plagued team aren't somehow closely related. I think Will Brown really pushes his team during practice all season, and maybe a lot more then other AE coaches. That practice intensity and the resulting injuries might explain why our regular season record isn't so hot. But, as the last two seasons have shown, the greater intensity and conditioning pay off at conference time. I'm just very relieved that everyone on the team seems to be relatively healthy now - great timing!

I'm just wondering whether the issues of mediocre regular season and an injury-plagued team aren't somehow closely related. I think Will Brown really pushes his team during practice all season, and maybe a lot more then other AE coaches. That practice intensity and the resulting injuries might explain why our regular season record isn't so hot. But, as the last two seasons have shown, the greater intensity and conditioning pay off at conference time. I'm just very relieved that everyone on the team seems to be relatively healthy now - great timing!

Would have like to have a bit more size to battle Warney down low...to bad Levon isn't around and contributing. He's the kind of brute strength and mobility we could really use down there this weekend.

Awesome win- start to finish! Congrats to all involved.

As an aside—watching the feed, I noticed a lot of empty seats, or just thinly populated sections. Makes me wonder if people on campus had low expectations and were less inclined to go? It would help build the program's fan interest by winning (or being competitive) in some of these big games during the season, too.

What happened to our fans and students last night? Final attendance for UVM around 2700, and UVM about 700 of them. I was a bad season ticket holder this year and missed more home games than usual due to some killer powder on the ski slopes, but missing a 5pm Sunday semifinal game vs UVM?? I was there, where was everyone else??

The students get way underwhelmed at the slack play during the season. Saw us score so little, so unexciting against Vt. regular season why come out and watch that pain again? they may not be a loyal bunch but they are good consumers and give brutal feedback with lack of attendance.

Might not help that the Athletic Dept is lack luster about getting students tickets...

The students get way underwhelmed at the slack play during the season. Saw us score so little, so unexciting against Vt. regular season why come out and watch that pain again? they may not be a loyal bunch but they are good consumers and give brutal feedback with lack of attendance.

Might not help that the Athletic Dept is lack luster about getting students tickets...

I'm a student...even though I'm a season ticket holder. All you have to do as a student I believe is show up at SEFCU and get your card scanned...

I'm a student...even though I'm a season ticket holder. All you have to do as a student I believe is show up at SEFCU and get your card scanned...

I meant for the tourney. Those cost $ right?

I meant for the tourney. Those cost $ right?

Oh Ok, not sure what the procedure is for the tourney.

UVM fan here- good win Saturday ( getting tired of this $hit! ) anyway, good luck - beat the Brookies. Forget the nonsense some of my fellow Cats fans are spewing- UA kicked our a$$ - UVM played not to lose and not to win. From head coach down. They are a good team and good enough that they should have taken care of biz, and they choked and got manhandled. Do the same to the Wolfie's!

UVM fan here- good win Saturday ( getting tired of this $hit! ) anyway, good luck - beat the Brookies. Forget the nonsense some of my fellow Cats fans are spewing- UA kicked our a$$ - UVM played not to lose and not to win. From head coach down. They are a good team and good enough that they should have taken care of biz, and they choked and got manhandled. Do the same to the Wolfie's!

Thanks. Albany and Vermont can both agree that stony brook fans sure talk a lot of trash not having been to the tournament once!

Thanks. You guys have a lot of good fans. It is just too bad for you, one of your more vocal fans on the AE board is one of your dumber ones who wasn't even at the game. His (and others) nonsense doesn't bother me at all. I find it both amusing and sad in a wierd way. BTW, over here we say $iena instead of $hit.

Edited by bob87