UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB & WBB vs. UNH 2/4

I'm glad we bit the bullet on that one.

Anyone know what Herrion said to Brown at the conclusion of the game. Herrion looked a little animated.

Pretty sure it had to do w/ Herrion shouting instructions as Baker was shooting free throws. Brown said something to him at the time. One of the unwritten rules. Fans can shout but it's a bit bush when the opposing coach shouts instructions in a dead quite gym as the player is about to shoot.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth noting that 2712 is better than any other team in the conference is averaging. That being said..I was a bit surprised to not see at least a little larger crowd..if only because of our win streak. Student turnout was pretty good. 90%+ full on one side..and maybe 60%+ full on the other..including the band.

UNH is a very good team. Only conference foe to have scored at least 60 points on us this year..having put up exactly 62 points both games.

They have to work out a better offense against the zone, once they were up 14 they went to "Prevent" mode. Ball was not moving quickly enough, keyed in on Sam a bit too much which UNH was prepared for. Other than that, tough missing those four FT's towards the end, but Baker really came up clutch with his two makes. This UNH team is going to be one tough out come tourney time.

On another note, it seems the team is not as comfortable at home as they are on the road for some reason. Maybe due to playing so many road games and not really establishing a home court identity, I am not sure. Also, Hooley is always the one guy who amps up the crowd at SEFCU, I don't think there is anyone else on the team that plays with the emotion that he does. When he gets back and sinks that first 3, the place is going to go nuts.

Good bounce-back win for the women as well. Coach Abe said in her postgame interview that their offense has really been coming down to what Tate and Saunders can do. With Shereesha being a proven monster down low, their inconsistency has been apparent, but if they can figure out a way to keep their numbers up, they should be okay.

I was a bit disappointed in the crowd as well.....and totally agree with loudest trumpet...3 possessions in a row milked the clock into desperation shot at end.....Evan missing late F.T. again..hope it is not a pattern developing....and the Freshman who is growing before our eyes knocked his down calmly.....I also thought we should have played Peters a little more given the lack of inside presence for UNH....they will be a tough out with their best player on the floor...

Good game actually. Don't forget UA without its best player also.

I think we went into the slow down a little too soon; but controlling tempo has been the teams mo. all year and obviously successful, so who am I to knock it. {But I am not really sure if controlling tempo and eating the entire shot clock are necessarily the same thing??}

I wish someone could give Dallas a shot of confidence (maybe he can steal some from Baker); but he shoots the ball like he is wishing it goes instead of knowing it will. Baker can miss 10 in a row, but when he shoots number 11 he still "knows" it is going in. I wish a little of that fearless confidence would rub off on Dallas, because I think Dallas actually has the better shot. [Maybe I am totally off base on this--other opinions welcomed.]

Edited by dslyank

How was the crowd this evenin. Didnt get a chance to watch.

Box score was only 2712 :(

What does this team have to do to draw!

Only 2712? Looked like at least 3000. It was nice and loud for much of the 2nd half (game was tight).

I thought 2700 might be generous, though more accurate than the 5400 Siena reported for 300 actually showing up Monday. I know there were quite a few season ticket holders around me who didn't show - hangover from Tuesday's storm? At least the student turnout was better.

Only 2712? Looked like at least 3000. It was nice and loud for much of the 2nd half (game was tight).

I thought 2700 might be generous, though more accurate than the 5400 Siena reported for 300 actually showing up Monday. I know there were quite a few season ticket holders around me who didn't show - hangover from Tuesday's storm? At least the student turnout was better.

It looks like the athletic department is investing more in props for students. I saw a number of big heads at the game, and in years past the band has gone about getting those. The ones in the arena last night had Dane Ger Zone on the back, which makes me think the athletic department put them together. Also, I'd reiterate that the pep band has NEVER been as big as it is now. It would be tough to find that much tie dye in one concentrated place anywhere outside of the 90's!

The crowd size continues to be a problem. Although I agree there was a lot of energy in the crowd during the second half. If the SEFCU could be filled with 4000 plus fans every game it would be a great atmosphere and a tough place for opposing teams to win.

The crowd size continues to be a problem. Although I agree there was a lot of energy in the crowd during the second half. If the SEFCU could be filled with 4000 plus fans every game it would be a great atmosphere and a tough place for opposing teams to win.

Never forget in 2006 at the championship game, 1.5 before game and both student sections are packed singing along to enter sandman while UA is warming up. Edited by UA'08

Good game actually. Don't forget UA without its best player also.

I think we went into the slow down a little too soon; but controlling tempo has been the teams mo. all year and obviously successful, so who am I to knock it. {But I am not really sure if controlling tempo and eating the entire shot clock are necessarily the same thing??}

I wish someone could give Dallas a shot of confidence (maybe he can steal some from Baker); but he shoots the ball like he is wishing it goes instead of knowing it will. Baker can miss 10 in a row, but when he shoots number 11 he still "knows" it is going in. I wish a little of that fearless confidence would rub off on Dallas, because I think Dallas actually has the better shot. [Maybe I am totally off base on this--other opinions welcomed.]

Speaking of Dallas, what happened to posting him up a few times a game? that seemed to work very well. Not sure why they got away from it.

I happen to think this type of continued success or anything close to it will create an aura of a winner and crowds will slowly grow. There is more advertisement and facilities improvements that will help this but building a winner and a following takes time.

It looks like the athletic department is investing more in props for students. I saw a number of big heads at the game, and in years past the band has gone about getting those. The ones in the arena last night had Dane Ger Zone on the back, which makes me think the athletic department put them together. Also, I'd reiterate that the pep band has NEVER been as big as it is now. It would be tough to find that much tie dye in one concentrated place anywhere outside of the 90's!

I believe the Daneger Zone thing is from the Alumni Association instead of Athletics.