UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB vs. Stony Brook 2/17

One more thing. There's always a player on SB that irks me. A la tommy Brenton, but there's now a new one. It's kameron Mitchell. I don't know why. Just looks annoying and his dumb leggings he wears under the basketball shorts

Also Scott King scores 12 pt after averaging 2 a season. Has a monster alley hoop. Had like 13 points in last 12 games. Just a killer.

That was a sick oop, I will admit. I almost jumped out of my seat cause it was so nice.

That being said, I liked that kid. He did a LOT for them this game...blocked a shot, played good D, hit a few big shots, etc.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still rooting against Stony Brook. Unless UVM loses one of the next two..I think Stony Brook winning out would force us to beat UVM in the last game in order to finish in first. We own the tiebreaker with UNH..UVM now owns it with Stony Brook.

Stony brook and UA have no affect on each other anymore. Them beating UA gives them the tie breaker over UNH if they are tied

Only if we finish first outright. If us and UVM end up with the same record then it's a wash. But I'm looking at it from our point of view for first vs. second. Stony Brook finishing third outright helps UVM if UA and UVM are tied come season's end.

Tonight's loss sucks, but Sbu will most likely win out and finish third. They have bing, Lowell, and Hartford. Avoiding them in the semis would be nice.

Very true but only if we finish first in the league. Unless UNH beats UVM, we have to beat UVM at the end of the schedule to win the league and get the 1 seed. And we still have to get past a feisty Hartford team.

Tonight's loss sucks, but Sbu will most likely win out and finish third. They have bing, Lowell, and Hartford. Avoiding them in the semis would be nice.

Very true but only if we finish first in the league. Unless UNH beats UVM, we have to beat UVM at the end of the schedule to win the league and get the 1 seed. And we still have to get past a feisty Hartford team.

I believe there is a way that UNH loses to UVM, UVM beat us and UA can still get first..it's only one scenario but it could happen. I posted it in the tie breaker thread.

3883 seems low to me. I have been at games that 3,000 was the official number and the place felt empty compared to that.

A few comments:

Reffing seemed bad where I was. They missed a travel call on UA early that led to an Ennema 3

There was a foul on SB near the end that also had a goaltending that wasn't called. Should have been 2 points plus one instead of 2 shots. 1 point at the end in a game like that could have made a huge difference. If Albany gets that call it's a completely different game .

Not sure what it looked like on TV, but from where I sat it appeared there was a shooting foul 'albeit a half court shot' that the refs didn't say he was shooting.

Speaking of that not even getting a 1 and 1, I am not sure how Stony Brook managed to only have 3 fouls in the half with a couple minutes to go.

Edited by godanesgo99

I'm still rooting against Stony Brook. Unless UVM loses one of the next two..I think Stony Brook winning out would force us to beat UVM in the last game in order to finish in first. We own the tiebreaker with UNH..UVM now owns it with Stony Brook.

Stony brook and UA have no affect on each other anymore. Them beating UA gives them the tie breaker over UNH if they are tied
Only if we finish first outright. If us and UVM end up with the same record then it's a wash. But I'm looking at it from our point of view for first vs. second. Stony Brook finishing third outright helps UVM if UA and UVM are tied come season's end.
I was looking at it as a seeding perspective. If UA finishes first. If UA and Sbu win out. UA is the one seed and SBU is the three. UA would not meet SBU until the finals. I'd rather play UNH in the semis.

UA is better than SB, no doubt in my mind.....they did own the glass in the second half giving them a lot of put backs...Warney was the beast he is...King's mom actually sat right in front of me..very nice woman....not sure if the DNP was just a coaches decision, but, I was not happy Baker was a DNP....Dallas has def. earned minutes..BUT, not that many!!!

3883 seems low to me. I have been at games that 3,000 was the official number and the place felt empty compared to that.

A few comments:

Reffing seemed bad where I was. They missed a travel call on UA early that led to an Ennema 3

There was a foul on SB near the end that also had a goaltending that wasn't called. Should have been 2 points plus one instead of 2 shots. 1 point at the end in a game like that could have made a huge difference. If Albany gets that call it's a completely different game .

Not sure what it looked like on TV, but from where I sat it appeared there was a shooting foul 'albeit a half court shot' that the refs didn't say he was shooting.

Speaking of that not even getting a 1 and 1, I am not sure how Stony Brook managed to only have 3 fouls in the half with a couple minutes to go.

No mention of the suspected second goaltending late in the second half? From my angle that ball certainly appeared to be on the downward trajectory.

SB is probably the most athletic team in the conference. I recall them being the preseason number one pick in the league. When they come to play it's hard to bet against them.

I also recall SB having great shooting percentage defense over the past few years and routinely keeping teams under 40%. Last night we shot a season low 34.5%, and we were hovering around 31% during much of the second half. That won't win you any games at all. They beats us up on the glass in the second half, so that didn't help either. If I were scouting UA, I would have 5 guys crash the glass on offense because we always slow the tempo up.

SB is probably the most athletic team in the conference. I recall them being the preseason number one pick in the league. When they come to play it's hard to bet against them.

I also recall SB having great shooting percentage defense over the past few years and routinely keeping teams under 40%. Last night we shot a season low 34.5%, and we were hovering around 31% during much of the second half. That won't win you any games at all. They beats us up on the glass in the second half, so that didn't help either. If I were scouting UA, I would have 5 guys crash the glass on offense because we always slow the tempo up.

They needed a career game from King while both Carson and Warney were playing really well to beat us by 3...For us Singletary played just OK, below his norm and Hooley is not yet in sync.

I like our chances, UVM scares me a lot more.