UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

#3 Oklahoma vs. #14 Albany

That is what I love most about our athletics program. Not just success in one or two sports but success ACROSS THE BOARD! What they have built in such a relatively short time since going D1 is nothing short of a friggen miracle. Better yet, they are all great kids and represent the school with class. Keep it up and imagine where we'll be in another 15 years!

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny- years ago we would've been thrilled to lose by only 9 to a #3 seed. Now we just want the win. That's progress.

Fact! This is how mid-majors (or low majors) build their programs.

I really, really hope Will stays. If we give that man some more resources, and a revamped arena, I think we honestly are still just waking up as a giant, albeit a small giant. He can build on this...recruit some kids (we need a Sam replacement)...and keep taking it one more step.

We need not just our program to grow but the other teams in the America East to grow as well. The entire league needs to grow, and I think we, as a league, are moving in the right direction with new arenas being built or sought after. I wish the AE included hockey and football though. Edited by UA_MA_2000

If it weren't for BU, we would be having both Hockey and Football. FACT.

They nixed the idea because they wanted to bolt the AE...and didn't want Hockey East to be absorbed by the AE, they wanted a clean break. NU Hoop Fan can confirm.

It was so close, that Boston College actually gave its blessing....

BU...FU!

Aside from all the praise we are getting in different threads about how hard we fought, how tough we were (but clean), how impressive we were to OU fans, and how good of a Coach Will is...this comment is one of my favs from the OU board with respect to OU's perceived poor defense" :

"In defense to their D, Albany ran the best offensive sets I have seen all year. If they would have hit more shots, it would have been scary"

Let me just put it this way when it comes to the basketball program...I wouldn't mind if we come the Gonzaga of the Northeast. Northeast doesn't play in the highest of conferences, but they make noise and are highly ranked. That's just my point of view.

Let me just put it this way when it comes to the basketball program...I wouldn't mind if we come the Gonzaga of the Northeast. Northeast doesn't play in the highest of conferences, but they make noise and are highly ranked. That's just my point of view.

We mocked Siena fans for this type of comment. Let's just be the best Albany we can be...

We mocked Siena fans for this type of comment. Let's just be the best Albany we can be...
Am I really going to do this.... ;)

+1

Edited by MsGDG

Am I really going to do this.... ;)

+1

You won't admit it buy you and I are borderline bffs... No? Lol

Back from Columbus. I have a lot to say about this season and this game but I'll only say this tonight:

If we are lucky enough to go to another NCAA tournament and you haven't gone to one yet, you should really go. Really.

Yes, it's a PITA to travel on short notice and there is some expense but it is worth it. It just does not get get old. There is nothing like seeing your team in that sort of environment.

Dayton and Ohio State fans in Columbus remembered Albany from last year's tourney, knew about the Australians and probably knew more about our program than some of the fans at Sefcu during the championship game. As a college basketball fan, it is amazing. I really wanted to win on Friday night just to get to experience all that for two more days.