UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2015-2016 OOC Schedule

The tourney will never happen...bring two high majors to play? Right, I'm sure they are dying to get into a tourney with UA and Siena. This is a two for one and I'm happy with the deal AS LONG as the next contract starts at SEFCU.

They're not "bringing" two high-majors. Benson said those games would be on the road for UAlbany and Siena..under a pre-existing (Gazelle) tournament banner. Just like the tournament we're in this year.

The tourney will never happen...bring two high majors to play? Right, I'm sure they are dying to get into a tourney with UA and Siena. This is a two for one and I'm happy with the deal AS LONG as the next contract starts at SEFCU.

We will see . It is summer time so I have other things to do and have not read all the details . But I would presume they are already in touch/ working with people running tournaments like gazelle

They're not "bringing" two high-majors. Benson said those games would be on the road for UAlbany and Siena..under a pre-existing (Gazelle) tournament banner. Just like the tournament we're in this year.

Fair enough, sorry, just trying to catch up, haven't seen that bit.

This...was a MAJOR coup by Benson. Major.

Now, you have to somehow ensure that Siena fans don't scoop up UA season tix just to go to the game. My guess: We get about 1000 Siena fans at the game. Whatever, I'm fine with that prospect.

The last year of the deal is brilliant. It's a total compromise just to get the deal done...and I have a feeling we basically said you're not getting a third year if it is in your Season ticket package. It also slowly sets up the Siena faithful for a potential neutral court game going forward. Furthermore, it gives Benson two years to build the fanbase for that third year.

I think it's a good compromise to give each team a 30 day window in year three to sell tix to their season base. If we can pre-sell 2000 tix, plus a student allotment...and then the game goes "up for bid" through the season...all is fair. We get the same amount of cash...plus better seats. If Benson could sell A LOT more tickets...everyone wins. Add in the sponsorship aspect (that cup will be renamed...and I bet the court will feature a corporate name for that game.

It's a win-win...great job AD Benson. I like his style...and I'd want him at my side negotiating, any day of the week.

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

This...was a MAJOR coup by Benson. Major.

Now, you have to somehow ensure that Siena fans don't scoop up UA season tix just to go to the game. My guess: We get about 1000 Siena fans at the game. Whatever, I'm fine with that prospect.

But the last year deal...is brilliant. It's a total compromise just to get the deal done...and I have a feeling we basically said you're not getting a third year if it is in your Season ticket package. It also slowly sets up the Siena faithful for a potential neutral court game going forward. Furthermore, it gives Benson two years to build the fanbase for that third year.

I think it's a good compromise to give each team a 30 day window in year three to sell tix to their season base. If we can pre-sell 2000 tix, plus a student allotment...and then the game goes "up for bid" through the season...all is fair. We get the same amount of cash...plus better seats. If Benson could sell ALOT more tickets...everyone wins. Add in the sponsorship aspect (that cup will be renamed...and I bet the court will feature a corporate name for that game.

It's a win-win...great job AD Benson. I like his style...and I'd want him at my side negotiating, any day of the week.

No question he smacked the Siena AD around...he's been able to do what Mr. McElroy wouldn't or couldn't do for whatever reason. He's now been able to peel one game off of the TUC setting up future contracts to once and for all go home and home. To cement this further it's absolutely critical that the next contract either start at SEFCU or completely pull the game out of the Siena season ticket package and make it a true 50/50 and split all revenue and expenses.

He's done well to position this negotiation right where we want it. Now it's up to Coach Brown to keep the pressure on Siena on the basketball court.

No question he smacked the Siena AD around...he's been able to do what Mr. McElroy wouldn't or couldn't do for whatever reason. He's now been able to peel one game off of the TUC setting up future contracts to once and for all go home and home. To cement this further it's absolutely critical that the next contract either start at SEFCU or completely pull the game out of the Siena season ticket package and make it a true 50/50 and split all revenue and expenses.

He's done well to position this negotiation right where we want it. Now it's up to Coach Brown to keep the pressure on Siena on the basketball court. - Clickclack

Benson had a much greater advantage that the previous AD. - UA men had won 4 of 5 includingthe past 3!!!!

He went into a water pistol fight with a fully loaded "Machine Gun"!

• Like 1

Just to be clear...Benson's doing work (and it's some great work, and I have and still am super excited to have him on board)...but as Patch mentioned, our Coaches have given him a great launching pad to work off.

The best part about Benson is that he's humble, and he's mentioned that the Coaches and teams make his job easier to take us to another level.

Just to be clear...Benson's doing work (and it's some great work, and I have and still am super excited to have him on board)...but as Patch mentioned, our Coaches have given him a great launching pad to work off.

The best part about Benson is that he's humble, and he's mentioned that the Coaches and teams make his job easier to take us to another level.

I think without question it's a complete team effort...Benson has to rally the schools resources behind them but the coaches still have to go out and win. Which they have been doing at a great clip. Lots to be proud of.

When I was in school, Albany BB played in the SUNYAC, the football team was just added my Freshman year and that was about it. Oh yeah, they had a very good wrestling program.

So all of this is just amazing to me. I do still recall the Albany-Siena games when the Siena side chanted "Beat Albany High" and the Albany side chanted "Beat St Rose" and fights in

the stands were not out of the question. Good times…good times...

Yes, Benson seems to be on the ball. I like that.

I do still recall the Albany-Siena games when the Siena side chanted "Beat Albany High" and the Albany side chanted "Beat St Rose" and fights in

the stands were not out of the question. Good times…good times...

That's hilarious.